It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harted and Bigotry on ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Overall, this forum is outstanding and has many positive elements to it that are contributing to the general knowledge of the world.

BUT some of the racism, hatred, and bigotry on ATS is equivalent to the worst kind of KKK and Nazi-like bigotry anywhere.

Now I am referring to racial and religious bigotry, since I have no problems with political verbal fisticuffs that don’t degrade the race or religion of people.

I have never seen or heard anything like it ever on the web and I have been here from the start.

I recall after the OJ trial white people on the web were throwing the n word around like it was nothing, which was understandable though still not justified.

It makes me seriously think that numerous members on the forum are members of Nazi and KKK-like groups.

On most forums such hatred and bigotry is at least challenged by the users when they gang up on the bigots and shame them, or in some instances their depravity is controlled by the moderator; here the moderators don’t do anything in that regard. Also on this forum rarely does the majority call to account the most blatant and vile hatred and bigotry of people I have ever seen in my life.

This situation to me is dangerous and indicative on how still in the 21st century we have genocides.

The constant degrading of a particular race or religion if not challenged bodes ill for the world.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Ihave to admit to having my likes and dislkes about other races, but no one can accuse me of being racist...I hate everyone equally!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Proof reading your thread before posting is muy importante... ESPECIALLY THE TITLE! (that is unless you MEANT 'Harted'...) But I feel ya... It's because of this very reason that I made a New Year's Resolution to NOT post in any gay themed threads... the hatred gets so thick in them that you could choke on it!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

If you see something like that, file a complaint with the staff. Unfortunately we can't be everywhere at once.

Peace

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Most of the racism I see here is the extremist hate towards people of European ethnicity. And in religion, there is an extremist amount of support for radical Islam, and a hate against anyone that is critical of it. That's what I see most.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Anonymity brings out the worst in people

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Couldn't agree with you more, ATS is becoming like a second cave for the trolls parading over on YouTube.

I haven't been a member long, but have been reading the threads for years, and now hateful misplaced comments are everywhere.

Every person regardless of race, color, religion and views, should be respected as a fellow human being.

I take comfort though, in what is dished out, always returns to its owner. There are many angry people out there, only they're not angry with us,only with themselves.

Hate,like a cancer,- destroys, after all, you are but a reflection of your thoughts, projected on that movie screen of reality.

Get a life people,- those that already have , know its true meaning and are at peace with the rocky world in which we live..

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hi inforeal,

Can you be more specific with your references? You seem to have strong views on one form of racism in particular.

I recall after the OJ trial white people on the web were throwing the n word around like it was nothing, which was understandable though still not justified.

I don't recall doing that. It's also hard to establish the real ethnicity of someone on the Internet, as well as their motivation.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Ross Cross because: I'm lazy sometimes.

edit on 17-2-2011 by Ross Cross because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
ATS is just like people you meet, most on here are decent and helpful. Others have agendas and just like spouting foolishness, I'm a christian but I have learned not to debate the ones that just want to argue. You can usually get a good idea of their frame of mind by their posts. There also seems to be a lot of posts that are confrontational right off the start. I don't worry too much about the negativity, I do look for the ones that seem to be honestly and truthfully expressing their ideas and opinions whether I agree with them or not . An open forum is awesome but attracts all kinds.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I disagree that it is worse here than in other internet forums... do you ever read the comments posted on some YouTube videos?!?

As warbird03 has stated, their is nothing like an anonymous internet forum to bring the worst out of people. I guess being nice and cozy in front of a computer screen gives people the courage to state what they otherwise wouldn't, and I'm convinced some of them are just trying to "stir the pot" as it were.

From what I see, these posters ARE called out. However, the way I handle it is to (try) to post intelligently, and ignore these comments that, in reality, add nothing of substance to the discussion at hand.

the Billmeister

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
Most of the racism I see here is the extremist hate towards people of European ethnicity. And in religion, there is an extremist amount of support for radical Islam, and a hate against anyone that is critical of it. That's what I see most.

Here? On ATS?
I think you're making a special effort to look for it because it is not at all apparent. I'd say most of the bile is between Americans tearing each other apart, and that really is up to them.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Since these boards are a section of society it makes sense that there would be buttholes here just like any place else. But you can't label the entire community as being such. Since in fact ATS seems to have a great many minorities that visit the site and are members themselves.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Most of what I have seen is just an outright misunderstanding of other faiths and beliefs, and downright expelling of anything contrary to there beliefs. I saw a side today of some people that literally shocked me as it went from an issue of politics and war to an issue of whether Islam was evil or not. I do not see the need for that and it personally just shows me the closed mindedness and prejudices of some members.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Its called freedom of speech mate.

I personally feel that there is a lot of hatred towards heteros and christians on this website.

We are all entitled to our own personal opinions.

Ain't the world a lovely place

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I agree, recently I find there is a huge increase in particularly anti Islamic rhetoric, but that could just be my threads of interest. I'm not Muslim myself, but it is insane and often find myself defending them against close minded bigots.

I do think that the fact we are largely anonymous bigoted people feel free to express themselves in ways that they wouldn't in person. I feel this way because I play a lot of playstation online and the same type of talk goes on there, just tons of racist/bigoted people hiding in the comfort of their home. It is disgusting to me.

I think that perhaps we are under attack by Beckites
,again in my interest areas, this same tone is often accompanied by Beck's criminal or hot topic of the week, ie George Soros. Of course, my tinfoil hat may be on a little too tight

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Good post, and I have to agree with you about bigotry boding ill for the world. Most of us talk about how much we want interaction with E.T's, yet we can't even get along with each other. Do you even know where the term "'n-word'" even originated? Many times I've heard Blacks call each other 'n-word', yet it is considered derogatory when a White person says it. I know they have names for Whites such as "Honkey" and "Trash", yet no one ever says they are racist. What's the Black's equivilent to 'n-word', when referring to a White? I think I've been asleep too long and missed the boat!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Here? On ATS?
I think you're making a special effort to look for it because it is not at all apparent. I'd say most of the bile is between Americans tearing each other apart, and that really is up to them.

Please... give me a break. Just the other day some moron was saying that Southern folks were backwards, inbred, toothless, child molesters and you were right there backing him up. I realize that his comments weren't exactly racist but they were certainly prejudiced and stereotyped an entire segment of the US population.

So don’t try to pretend that you’re some kind of innocent bystander watching silently while Americans tear each other apart. You’re a participant and just as guilty as anyone else.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Please... give me a break. Just the other day some moron was saying that Southern folks were backwards, inbred, toothless, child molesters and you were right there backing him up.

EW, Ouch,

Oh yea, I have witnessed plenty Christian bashing, I do mean Plenty.

I think you walk a thin line when critiquing a religious group, but how do we grow if we are not wiling to admit our faults, and see ourselves the way others see us, it is not easy for me to watch the christian bashing, but the bashers do have valid points at times.

edit on 032828p://bThursday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal

Now I am referring to racial and religious bigotry, since I have no problems with political verbal fisticuffs that don’t degrade the race or religion of people.

Any person who tries to force his religion on anyone including his own family deserves zero tolerance. Religions all do that and therefore are best described as political terrorist cults.
Western Religion in a Nutshell
I kill you.
Jesus (Mohammed) saves me.

edit on 17-2-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You get my vote for post of the week.

edit on 17/2/2011 by Jibbs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join