It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. pledges $150 million to help Egypt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

U.S. pledges $150 million to help Egypt

au.news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States will spend $150 million to assist Egypt's democratic transformation after the ouster of President Hosni Mubarak, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Thursday.

"It's very clear that there's a great deal of work ahead to ensure an orderly, democratic transition. It's also clear that Egypt will be grappling with immediate and long-term economic challenges," Clinton told reporters after briefing lawmakers on Capitol Hill.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Didnt take the US gov to step in.150mill from a country that is broke and collapsing in on itself,add that to the long list of foreign aid given out at your expense.
The USA gov is a joke,to me this is a payment to continue influence with the new Egyptian gov and military.
Obama,fix your own backyard first.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Not surprising! We have to help everyone else just to save face and look PC, *SNIP* that actual citizens of this country, were worthless anyways apparently?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Totally unbelievable and unacceptable IMO!! This country is broke. There are thousands and thousands of Americans that are hurting because of the risks that the Big Banks and Wall Street have taken. Where is the help that the People of the USA need right now? Why do they continue to give away millions of dollars of our money to others and not help their own? Its like the OP said, they are trying to buy people with influence from the money they dont really have.

This totally pisses me off!

edit on 17-2-2011 by kennylee because: spelling

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

Actually, that would be China.
First we go crawling to China to please, please let us borrow another $150 million.
Then we just hand it over to Muslim brotherhood in Egypt.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

As long as the USA continues their payments of "Aid and help" to influence strategic geographical politics,the American people will suffer,it just seems the trail of 'Aid and Help' is never ending,it cannot be sustained in a economy that is imploding on itself.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

True,True,but who pays the debt back my friend? Congress going to pass a hat round?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
WTF!???? We have so many problems of our own. How can we even consider doing this? It is time to stop robbing peter to pay paul. I am so over this crap. It is time for all the politicians to be thrown out, every single one of them except maybe Ron Paul.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Hmm couldn't we just demand that Mubarak give 1 billion of his own money to the country? He would still be filthy rich. Somethin stinks, we don't just "help" people unless we are getting something in return.

Deebo

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
Hmm couldn't we just demand that Mubarak give 1 billion of his own money to the country? He would still be filthy rich. Somethin stinks, we don't just "help" people unless we are getting something in return.

Deebo

took the words right out of my mouth, he would still be a billionaire on the Egyptians people dime, sad times indeed

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It's funny reading some of the comments about this topic. On a personal level I recently cancelled my direct debit with an international charity in favour of one that is much more local. So I definitely agree with you all.

There are so many problems here in the UK too, yet our government thinks it is a position to dictate to other countries how they should be running things.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Whoever was involved with this decision should be terminated from their position immediately!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This just angers me to no end. We have familys here in the US struggling to make ends meet all the while the moniker of change president introduces a trillion dollar budget that will put us deeper in the massive hole we are already in. Not to forget to mention that the US does not need to be sending money under the ignorant notion of "spreading freedom" by diving out dollars that we badly need here at home. I have compassion for what the Egyptian people are having to go through, Americans need to be out in the streets as well demanding change from the spending of our current president in which he promised. All he has done has pay those back who supported him in big business, big pharma with bailouts while the people hwo vote dhim in get nothing but more debt and heartache. I say keep our money here and let Egypt find their own way in their quest for freedom. In the end, it'll "taste" better if they do it on their own.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Funny this.... $150 Million to Egypt.... while the political talking heads are telling us how those stupid people who can't afford to heat their homes in the winter are the problem with our economy.... yeah.....

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Its all the the spread of Capitalism. I doubt it has anything to with Democracy for Egypt, or helping the people after the protests. They'll probably invest in some thing else that destroys our planet and makes their pocket bigger.

While us Americans are left to rot in debt.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

All for control! if anyone actually thinks its out of the goodness of our heart, is far more naive than one would think? By breaking us down, they can expect the peoples to beg for assistance, giving them the ability to overrule or supersede the Constitution, and the laws that govern.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." — Benjamin Franklin

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me how easy it is to spend other people's money. 535 people seem to have no issues spending the money stolen from millions of their constituents while blowing smoke up their asses.

I guess if we allow it to happen, we deserve it to happen.

edit on 17-2-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem
It never ceases to amaze me how easy it is to spend other people's money. 535 people seem to have no issues spending the money stolen from millions of their constituents while blowing smoke up their asses.

I guess if we allow it to happen, we deserve it to happen.

edit on 17-2-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

I'm right there with you "I guess if we allow it to happen, we deserve it to happen"

could not agree more.........still doesn't make the people doing this any less evil

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
$150 Million?
For less than the price of a tiny cup of coffee, you can make sure that President Obama can make an insincere public gesture of dowry towards the new Egyptian Junta. How much is it worth to you to ensure that the American president looks magnanimous in this situation, which he was largely responsible for creating and manipulating in the media? I call on the 312 Million US citizens, every man, woman, and child, to take one day without their caffeine and make this happen."

I swear this government is the modern day antithesis of Robbin Hood. They rob from the peasants of Sherwood forest and give the gold to the squires in Nottingham.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
That must be why he now wants to charge us Canadians $5.50 to fly into the states, apparently it will raise about $90 million so he'll still have to find another $60 million. Why doesn't he just charge the Mexicans the $5.50 fee to enter the US that should cover it.

CTV News

It seems like $150 million isn't that much coming from the US, it's a lot for us in Canada but the US usually talks in billions and trillions.

<<   2 >>

join