It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Apologizes For “Honest Mistake” In Broadcasting CPAC Booing Ron Paul Error

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Really now!? How convenient.

I've watched Mary Tyler Moore long enough to know how to go the stock room to obtain old footage.
Why and how did old footage get mixed up accidentally with a CURRENT clip? One has to literally go to the archives and retrieve it.

This is bull.
You know it. I know it and they know it.
Boycott FOX news!

~~Ron Paul 2012~~

Yesterday, many of the country’s Libertarians were up in arms over what they saw as an intentional attempt by Fox News to discredit Rep. Ron Paul. The situation stemmed from Fox News playing a clip of Paul’s 2010 victory in the CPAC straw poll and incorrectly identifying it as his 2011 victory. While Fox News told Mediaite that it was a mistake, the Paul supporters believed it was done because the 2010 video had more audible booing. Today, on America’s Newsroom, the network offered its promised correction.

Fox News’ Bill Hemmer, who interviewed Paul in the original segment in question, said delivered this statement on air:
www.mediaite.com...

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Honest mistake my ass. The damage is already done. Nobody pays attention to "apologies" and corrections on page 10.

It was calculated. It was exactly as they intended, and we all know it.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Really now!? How convenient.

I've watched Mary Tyler Moore long enough to know how to go the stock room to obtain old footage.
Why and how did old footage get mixed up accidentally with a CURRENT clip? One has to literally go to the archives and retrieve it.

This is bull.
You know it. I know it and they know it.
Boycott FOX news!

~~Ron Paul 2012~~

Yesterday, many of the country’s Libertarians were up in arms over what they saw as an intentional attempt by Fox News to discredit Rep. Ron Paul. The situation stemmed from Fox News playing a clip of Paul’s 2010 victory in the CPAC straw poll and incorrectly identifying it as his 2011 victory. While Fox News told Mediaite that it was a mistake, the Paul supporters believed it was done because the 2010 video had more audible booing. Today, on America’s Newsroom, the network offered its promised correction.

Fox News’ Bill Hemmer, who interviewed Paul in the original segment in question, said delivered this statement on air:
www.mediaite.com...

What is important, is that the truth came into light..

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
Honest mistake my ass. The damage is already done. Nobody pays attention to "apologies" and corrections on page 10.

It was calculated. It was exactly as they intended, and we all know it.

Besides, they didn't even bother explaining HOW this was an accident. They owe us a little bit more of a lie than this.
Now I'm insulted that they don't think we can handle their deception.
Do they think we're not used to them by now?

Come on FOX.......complete your lie. Don't leave us hangin'!
You're the best when it comes to unbalanced news.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jussi

What is important, is that the truth came into light..

The truth came to light only after people realized that Fox News was lying. If they hadn't been caught red-handed, you can bet they would have just kept the lie alive like they do with all the other lies they tell.

I agree with the other poster in that this is all calculated. There's simply not enough backlash against news sources for the blatant mistruths. They know they can get away with it and they know that if some scrupulous viewer catches them, they can issue a half-assed apology and continue to pull in the ratings like nobody's business. Until people actually wake up to this crap and change the channel nothing will change.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jussi

That's not important at all. Like someone stated, the damage was done. Their apologies are as shallow as their personalities.

I know I emailed them so I can only assume, they were inundated with complaints and this was merely to prevent anymore more damage! This is not a sincere apology.

There's no way this could've happened accidently. Someone purposefully went into the archives and pulled out last years CPAC clip/video.
Do they actually want us to believe this was accidentally left on the reel of film when they aired it?

FOX news is the WORSE and they're all pretty bad but this station is on the top of the pile!

CX

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well i just looked on Fox's news website.....rather than a front page apology, as expected they've tucked it away at the side of the politics page...however...

If they are so sorry about the mix up, why do they have a 7 minute video, the first 40 seconds is the apology, followed by the bit they were not supposed to air? They immediately show the 2010 clip with all the booing, complete with the interview with Ron Paul afterwards. They still ask Ron Paul who was in the crowd booing.

video.foxnews.com...

Why have that in the video apology? Leave it in the archives.

CX.
edit on 17/2/11 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The least they could have done is show the relevant clip. it amazes me how they get away with it!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I swear Fox News is reading ATS,not only because of this story it but other ones as well, are any of them real journalist or are they all actors?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

it probably has something to do with conditioning our minds,we hear Ron Pauls name and associate booing with it ,they got their point across.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I think they did it intentionally then planned to "apologize"later. If it was not "they" then it was some individual (or a couple) in the control room placing their personal politics a. of the fair & unbiased news claim. I think it should be called MOX NEWS from now on, UNFAIR and completely BIASED.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Yesterday, many of the country’s Libertarians

Ok, STOP RIGHT THERE!

Why is it "many of the Countries libertarians"???????

Why not "Many of the countries citizens"????????

I'll tell you why.
Because it is their way of attempting to minimize the interntional manipulation by pointing to a single group as being offended when in reality it isn't a single group,it is all of us, which is yet another example of?............MANIPULATION!!!!!
Yup, they just did it again!
In an attempt to cover up their willful manipulation of the facts they......manipulate the facts!!!!

It is all of us. WE AS A WHOLE are fed up with the deliberate manipulation tactics used by the MSM!!!
NOT JUST THE "LIBERTARIANS"!!!!

AaaaaGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When will it stop?????
Round and round we go!!!

edit on 17-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Until people actually wake up to this crap and change the channel nothing will change.

lol, ummmm,
the problem is.....nothing changes when you change the channel.
Are you one of those people who HATE Fox exclusively or did you just misspeak?
Changing the channel just gives another news outlet the chance to manipulate your mind.
No my friend, changing the channel will do little to solve this problem.
Waking people up to the lies and deception used by ALL of the media outlets who are
manipulating the facts as prescribed by our Masters is the only way to win this war.

And yes this is a WAR!
It is a very real war.
It is a war not fought with guns or WMDs.
It is fought with words and images.
It is a war for your mind.
A war being waged for the thoughts that you think.
As individuals we can win these battles but the only way to win the war is together.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
An honest mistake, that's funny. It seems that Fox just don't know how to deal with someone who can see all the bull from whatever source it's coming from.... ie; an honest person. Notice how he didn't say "would you believe it!" firstly.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by CX

it probably has something to do with conditioning our minds,we hear Ron Pauls name and associate booing with it ,they got their point across.

It's worse than that. We're consider a 'cult' who 'follows' Dr Paul. He has a cult-following.
Cults are associated with unorthodox practices or even worse: evil and bad people.
I mean WTF?

So the question begs: why is the mainstream media so scared of this man?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I swear fox news someday will be the one reporting (falsely) of alien invasion, causing mass hysteria and panic in the streets. These people have absolutely no integrity and above all, they are quite literally STUPID for even thinking that nobody would notice what they have done here.

-Regards.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I wonder if we are still going to see Fox News supporters claiming they are unbiased now. They clearly manipulate the news like the rest of them. They may be more conservative, but they aren't any more honest than the other news channels.

Walter Cronkite is turning over in his grave.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Thu Feb 17, 12:26 pm ET
Fox faces fallout over misleading footage before Ron Paul interview

..........................................Still, this isn't the first time Fox has aired the wrong footage in a way that could be perceived as benefiting certain Republicans.

In November 2009, Fox's Sean Hannity had Rep. Michele Bachmann on describing an anti-health care reform rally while airing footage from a significantly larger event led by Glenn Beck a few months earlier. Hannity apologized the next night for the mix-up, which was caught by The Daily Show's Jon Stewart. You can watch the Stewart report below:

news.yahoo.com...

Totally inexcusable and people who typically like Ron Paul already don't watch FOX so not sure what if any, consequences this might lead to!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Until people actually wake up to this crap and change the channel nothing will change.

lol, ummmm,
the problem is.....nothing changes when you change the channel.
Are you one of those people who HATE Fox exclusively or did you just misspeak?
Changing the channel just gives another news outlet the chance to manipulate your mind.
No my friend, changing the channel will do little to solve this problem.
Waking people up to the lies and deception used by ALL of the media outlets who are
manipulating the facts as prescribed by our Masters is the only way to win this war.

And yes this is a WAR!
It is a very real war.
It is a war not fought with guns or WMDs.
It is fought with words and images.
It is a war for your mind.
A war being waged for the thoughts that you think.
As individuals we can win these battles but the only way to win the war is together.

Very good point sir. When conservative fox news does video it causes an uproar. People yell "FAUX NEWS!!!" But when CNN or MSNBC does it, it gets swept under the rug... I never hear "CRAPNN!".

Both parties are guilty. Both parties are biased. I would argue though that CNN & media matters are more biased but that's my opinion. Either way though, I have lost faith in allnews media outlets. Except for Glenn Beck....because he at least states that his show is an opinion show.
edit on 17-2-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
sorry to interrupt this ron paul love fest,

but so what? he got booed then and now, big deal.

as donald trump said, he won't win. won't happen, he will kill america. don't need fox to see that or the trump.

fox did apologize for the mistake.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join