It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joining a gun club in the UK?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I live in the South of England (Guildford/Reading is where I split my time between) and I want to join a shooting club. I have tried before at Reading University but they say you must be a univeristy student at their uni to join. Many are in rural locations and I am without a car atm which makes it hard to get to clay shoots.

Just wondering if anyone knows if there are many shooting clubs around the UK as online im finding a lot of old, outdated websites and Im starting to think that they maybe dont advertise much.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

Join my club here in the US.
Were broke financially but we sure do live well, we shoot only on days that end in Y, heck we even shoot in the cities.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
though personally i am not in a gun club, because i dont like there beliefs, (the guy above my post is prime example of it) i would say join one that you like, but im not sure what you should go with.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

i understand your problem, there is a hell of a lot of old, outdated websites, seems like its the fashion not to advertise these things in the UK

best thing to do probably is go on a paid clay shoot and ask the people that run it of any good clubs etc

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
I live in the South of England (Guildford/Reading is where I split my time between) and I want to join a shooting club. I have tried before at Reading University but they say you must be a univeristy student at their uni to join. Many are in rural locations and I am without a car atm which makes it hard to get to clay shoots.

Just wondering if anyone knows if there are many shooting clubs around the UK as online im finding a lot of old, outdated websites and Im starting to think that they maybe dont advertise much.

Go to your nearest gun shop, that's how I got to find out about the nearest one to me.

Yes they don't typically advertise in mens magazines, they can be clicky, stand-offish and basically akin to a secret society.

You don't need to join one to get your Shot Gun Certificate. Not many people know that.

Here's how:

top topics

join