It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DoD Talks Up Plans to Deploy 'Cybercommandos'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

DoD Talks Up Plans to Deploy 'Cybercommandos'

www.technewsworld.com

Government efforts alone can't fend off cyberattackers, and stronger cooperation with the private sector is crucial, said Lynn, who was speaking at the RSA 2011 security conference in San Francisco.

To that end, the Department of Defense is strengthening ties with the private sector. This includes extending cybersecurity to selected networks, closer cooperation with telecommunications carriers and expansion of a program in which cybersecurity personnel are swapped between the government and the cybersecurity industry.

Lynn also announced that the DoD will spend US$500 million on resear
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Translation: The department of OFFENSE is going to ramp up its cyber-spying, and control of the net, as well as step up the ongoing cyber-war against "hackers", who have been creating a headache for gov and corporate interests as of late.

Sounds like a whole lot of money is being dumped into this latest escalation, and that is merely what is seen on the DISCLOSED front, never mind the black budget. lol.

The tightening of the noose continues...

www.technewsworld.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I got a better translation: More internet security..Less Freedom..

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Believe it or not, the CIA considers the Cyber Realm the most important area for the U.S. to develop a proactive capability to combat elements who would attack what is in fact the most vulnerable area of the system.

Take out the banking clearing houses computers and the whole electronic funds transfer mechanism that drives the virtual modern day economy grinds to a halt.

Take out or manipulate those same computers, the Dow and Nasdaq and you can bankrupt the nation.

Hack into sensitive military control and command and communication systems, you can not only deny the U.S. access to many of it's own computerized and remote controlled weapons, but in theory take them over and use them yourself, as well as distrubt timely communication into the field from headquarters parralyzing the military or a military offense in it's tracks.

In fact they are right, because if any wanted to really hurt the Shadow Government the most vulnerable area they have is in the security of the computer systems that run the control grid.

This is the CIA's number 1 priority over the next 20 years, and though they don't like to publicly admit it they consider a expert computer hacker to be about 20 times more of a threat than someone like Bin Laden.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Got news for your folks:

They have been buying search and IP records for a reason. They have broad databases based on your known IP and personal log-in locations. Your Iphone asks for your location all the time. Google searches based on your location. These are the facts.

The opinion part is are they going to abuse these powers or use them properly?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The internet should not be able to be regulated.. Plain and simple..It's should not be open for debate.

..What a grim look at the future.

edit on 17-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: spelling error

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I could swear they did this a few years ago.

www.globalresearch.ca...
afp.google.com...
terrorism.about.com...

Didn't they open a whole new group for it? There was even a name for it...something COM. Didn't I stumble into their unprotected website
Yes, I'm sure that happened. I had a call back in 2 nanoseconds flat.

I guess what's really new here is re-asserting their presence and importance so that, yes, they can get more money.
edit on 2/17/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Wow 500 million on a fruitless pursuit.
The hacker / s who do not want to be caught simply wont.
Sure they will catch a few kids and fine their folks but the real, target for lack of a better word, will never be hit.
And now what if they did uncober a ring of 1 million hackers, will they build a city to imprison them in?
This is laugheable at best.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Take out or manipulate those same computers, the Dow and Nasdaq and you can bankrupt the nation.

I generally agree with most of your material, but i cannot follow you on this journey as i do not believe in vampyres.
How can you kill that which is already dead?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I generally agree with most of your material, but i cannot follow you on this journey as i do not believe in vampyres.
How can you kill that which is already dead?

First you need an eye of newt, a clove of garlic, two bat wings parsed, and a mandrake root diced.

3 Tsb of olive oil and some freshly graded parmesan cheese for garnish.

Now you will also need a statue of the Virgin Mary, some rose oil and 1 Debbie Boone 45rmp single on vinyl to play backwards but at 78rpm.

One canister of compresse Co2 and some Depenz

Properly combined you now have everything you will need to confont the living dead, more on this after a word from our sponsors!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Translation: The department of OFFENSE is going to ramp up its cyber-spying, and control of the net, as well as step up the ongoing cyber-war against "hackers", who have been creating a headache for gov and corporate interests as of late.

Yup.. which is why they are in the market for persona software... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
i know 2 people who work in IT security. 1 for a bank and 1 for the MOD (uk gov.)

theyre getting attacked almost every day. Mostly by foreign elements, surprisingly the biggest number of attacks come from the French . Then more predictably its China & Russia.
edit on 17-2-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I think you're confusing Depends with Extenz?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think "they" have had "cybercommandos" for ages.

It's only now that they are announcing it so they can justify the funding and push for more of it.

"They" were involved in building the machine weren't they? makes sense.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Because no one ever attacks the USA, right?

I agree, im sure a lot of this will be offensive in nature, but do you deny the US government might want to secure things on their own end as well?

I think a hacker hacking the US nuclear arsenal MIGHT just warrant a little extra protection?

new topics

top topics

join