It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**FOX news forced to apologize over Ron Paul deception!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
So Fox news has been forced to make an apology over their deliberate deception of the Ron Paul CPAC win. Of course, they called it an "honest mistake"..

video.godlikeproductions.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
for people who fear GLP links

here is the video.

edit on 2/17/2011 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think what Bill was really saying was "oops you caught that did you?sorry about that we will do better next time, you won't be able to tell the difference lol. They're only sorry they got caught.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

I knew they weren't going to play the real video & audio! So predictable.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Haha, who's going to believe it was an honest mistake? How can you be so incompetent to pull a video out of your archives instead of video that was literally just taken hours ago? And then the commentator has the nerve to comment about booing which they had to of known didn't take place from reporters actually there? Very hostile towards Dr. Paul, IMO.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
it's all done by computer, there isn't any tape. wtf is he talking about. vhs has been obsolete for decades now.

the clip is from 2010. it's not like the producer had to go to the basement of fox news and into the vault and go over hundreds of thousands of tape.

this lie is even worse than the original. there is no way you can make that mistake. any video clip will clearly state "cpac 2010" in its file name.

not to mention the dozens of "cpac 2010" cut and pastes while editing the video and putting in all the relevant graphics and blatant lies that fox news is known for.

edit on 17-2-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Deplorable that they did such a thing.
Even more deplorable that they lied to cover up their intentional mishap.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

The ocean is, actually, anything but 'blue'. This is covered in Sarte's 'The Nausea'.

I have no idea what fox pulled. I just thought I'd point out that the ocean is not blue.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
All you have to do is google: Fox News Wrong Footage

Isn't it odd that the 'wrong footage' always slants to their political viewpoint?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Even at the end He says we will look forward to having representative paul on the news station. You think that was deliberate as well. He does say Ron Paul prior so the viewer does have the possibility of knowing who he is, but not including his first name so that peeps wont know who he is seems feasible. Anyone else question this?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
They should have played the original footage. Piss poor apology if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If they were really sorry they would of played the cheers from 2011 and noted that it wasn't Ron Paul who asked for the correction but an outraged public.

Nonetheless, it was nice to see Fox eating crow.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Yep....
Oops sorry that i dropped the bomb in a residential neighborhood rather than on that asprin factory.
They were soooo similar, honest mistake.
Both are believeable lies, until you have cried wolf for the umpteenth time, yet we still run to with our pitchforks.
Just boycott Fox, don't use them listen to them watch them, tell your friends and family where you stand.
If i don't like something i simply don't buy it.
If enough people don't like it it will die due to atrophy.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Honest mistake. Yeah right.

They may have apologized but they didn't mean it. They were sorry all right—for getting caught and called out. They won't learn from this or change. They'll do it again.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Agreed. This isn't a real apology. If it was they would have played the real clip to put things right. Nor do I believe it was an honest mistake, lol.

Same old, same old gangsters.
edit on 17-2-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
So how many times now has Fox aired something spurious to support their agenda and then apologised for it? Here's another one but there's been more:

It defies belief that Americans aren't demanding Fox is taken off air...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Internet Explorer

We can't demand that it be taken off the air, but for the same reason, we can 1.) not watch it (except for grins and giggles) and 2.) laugh at and/or continue to disagree with people who take it or any other station of that same ilk too seriously.

The problem with this, now that I think about it though, is that sometimes they do a lot of serious damage, on several different levels. That's not as funny. Sigh...
edit on 2/17/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
sickens me that they didnt play the actual audio from 2011... faux news ftl

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
FOX lives up to it's name. Trying to put something over on the public, but they got caught with their paws in the chicken coup. I would believe children stories on the Disney channel before I believed anything FOX news puts out.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

All who say Fox News should be renamed Fox Tabloids say "I".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join