It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Tombs and ruins in Saudi Arabia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Noticed this while reading a link about "smart red lights" posted on facebook.

www.foxnews.com... ombs_in_Saudi_Arabian_Desert

Thousands of sites on the Arabian peninsula and very, and I mean very little knowledge or research done of them. Saudi government doesn't even allow aerial photography or digs to proceed due to the face that some of these ruins and sites may contradict with their religion.

Anyway, figured it a worthy link of placing up here

edit on 17-2-2011 by SlasherOfVeils because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2011 by SlasherOfVeils because: tried to fix link... looks broken but still works...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Thanks for the link, interesting stuff - it's amazing what we still have left to discover - I hope the Saudis (if they havnt already) investigate these ruins, there could be a wealth of knowledge to be found there.

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It's very intersting and could provide a lot more information on a part of our shared history that is poorly understood. It's unfortunate that they will not likely be investigated in my life time.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

"They don’t want people fooling around with prehistory because it contradicts the Koran — any more than fundamentalist Christians want anyone to say anything is older than six thousand years," Zarins told LiveScience.

[sarcasm]The last thing we want to do, is "fool around" with prehistory because what is already written is working out.[end sarcasm]

This kind of stuff really gets me angry, if they want to continue to believe in Santa Claus go right ahead, but don't stop the rest of us from figuring out the truth.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
S&F very cool

If only I know what I was looking for I too could be an arm chair discoverer!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm not sure what the co-ordinates were that the ruins were found in but if you go to

22° 51' 07.45" N 41° 38' 28.22"E

there are a few objects that might be ruins? Of course they might be camel watering holes for all I know

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/657e5b461196.jpeg[/atsimg]
edit on 21-2-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Most of the Circular patterns that is shown/found are normally remains of camel compounds /camps....where camels are rounded up and tied down..by the Bedouins.

During my work in Saudi Arabia, in the desert, i had come across many such old (could be ancient) encampments.

top topics

join