It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin shows rest of country the real union thuggery going on in this country

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Have to call that story B.S. too.
Your little storys are to vague.
Try including some facts : state, company, union local , type of work.

All of these anti-union storys are so general and vague.
edit on 18-2-2011 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Have to call that story B.S. too.
Your little storys are to vague.
Try including some facts : state, company, union local , type of work.

All of these anti-union storys are so general and vague.
edit on 18-2-2011 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

Call BS all you want DUDE. It's the truth, I lived it. This was the workers mentality when I worked union.
How would giving out my state, company and union local help you? Are you going to check my story from 18 years ago?

I am not giving out personal information just to satisfy you. I couldn't care less if you believe me or not.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I don't believe you DUDE. I don't think you know what real physical labor is.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yeah i know a guy who worked with a guy that was in a union and oh yeah he was lazy.
Cmon.
That second hand crap gets old.
Now yes Ive met a few lazy union folks but Ive certainly met a ton more non union lazy folks so its more the Person not the Union.
Im glad you are working for yourself and need no protection but facts are facts.
Companies dont Care about their workers and the GOP is Not a Worker friendly party they infact wish too be head the civil liberties and the Unions are the perfect place too start.
Sorry but anti union politics in general is GOP/Corporate overlord ideology and benefits Only the Wealthy and will destroy the America we were brought up too believe in.
I liken the GOP party too the British tactics over the US before the Real Tea Party happened.
(remember we were fighting our taxes going too Britian not fighting helping our own)
Nice work..

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

I think you don't know a thing about me. DUDE!
I worked hard my whole life since I was 18 years old. I'm 42 now so don't try to insult me by saying I don't know what hard physical labor is.

Union thug....

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Yep when presented with facts or an honest argument resort too fits and name calling.
Nice work Shill.

I love when BS'rs get caught.
Now too catch the rest of these lying db's

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Unions are not perfect. But let me ask you this...are the wall st bankers perfect? Are the corporations that outsourced our manufacturing perfect? Where is the real greed in this country? Who benefits from our system? Is it the worker? Really is that what you think? Only 6% of US jobs are union and TPTB want to get rid of those too.

The corporations want .50 cent an hour Chinese labor with no healthcare, no pensions, no worker safety and no environmental protection or product safety.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by VType

Nice try VType. Your union buddy started with the insults.
I won't be intimidated by your union thug tactics.

Why do you guys get so upset when someone says they can get by in life without being in a union?
I was just trying to tell my personal story and you thugs start calling me a liar and that I don't know what physical labor is.

I prefer not to be part of a collective. I would rather get by on my own personal achievements.
You like to rely on unions, that's fine with me.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Good for You.
Non union Thug.
Lolz.
Snorz...........

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

Here are your facts - next time do some research before commenting.

legis.wisconsin.gov 2011_01_31 (PDF)

the Fiscal Bureau determined that the state will end the year with a balance of $121.4 million

the nonpartisan Legislative Fiscal Bureau recently released a memo detailing how the state will end the 2009-2011 budget biennium with a budget surplus.

That is, before rewarding $140 mil on his political cronies.

Walker gins up ‘crisis’ to reward cronies

Again, If Walker wants to pay union workers less, then he can SIT DOWN TO THE BARGAINING TABLE and bargain with them - that's what the process is about. Instead, what he is doing is robbing from them the right to collectively bargain, to have any voice.
edit on 18-2-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: typos

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I got some friends that work in government and what a laugh to hear them complain. Apparently they're not aware of the people nextdoor that're STRUGGLING as opposed to getting ahead. I've seen peices of work in my life, but government workers by and large are big sissies most of the time. I'm not saying they're not hard workers or that they don't deserve credit, but they need to come back down to earth and realize we're in a recession. We have to cut back and government workers, who pledge their time and efforts in service of this country, shouldn't complain when everyone else is cutting back too. It used to be that serving your government was service to your country and meant giving and not receiving, but now it seems with unions the equation is in the receiving direction.
edit on 18-2-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
really, threats against the people of the United States to shut down the government? become accountable or get out of the way, I guess by getting out of the way it means they actually have been kidnapped or are missing in action or where have all the politicians gone?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Exactly and oh so easily ignorned by those who are anti-union. The American middle class is in decline and one of the many reasons is that nobody is helping them fight for their jobs. It's plainly obvious that the Corporations will chase their profits and the Gov. will follow. American workers need to learn to reinvent the Union, not let those who want to see them gone do as they please.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Don't you people see what is going on here?

This is classic DEVIDE & CONQUER, folks.

You get the non-union people calling the union people names. Appeal to their envy of one group's benefits being a tad better that the other's benefits. You get the young fighting with the old over Social Security and Medicare. That is the Devide part.

The conquer part is when BigGov steals the money from your 401k and retirement accounts (in the TRILLIONS of dollars) and transfers it to Wall Street and off-shore investment bankers with no requirement that they EVER repay it! Then, to add insult to injury, they will loan the money they stole from you at 29.9% interest rate. Big hearty Leroy the banker from Liberal, Kansas. And, you are so busy fighting with your fellow citizen you don't even realize what is happening.

Can you not see this?
Want to raise HELL?
Try to focus on the REAL enemy, folks

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Any one of you bashing unions is ignorant of the situation.

Wis teachers make pretty average salaries and have agreed to cuts. Walker doesn't care. He wants to take rights away in addition to agreed cuts.

People in Wisconsin's history have DIED for these rights. I stand with the workers.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

See, that's the thing. If you want to get ahead because you have the desire and ability, you are the bad guy. You are just as EVIL as all those GREEDY business owners. PLEASE, give me a break! That is what is wrong with this country, nobody should be allowed to stand above the rest. The days of unions being needed are gone but the mediocre of society cannot handle that fact!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Scopeless

Are you for real?? Collective bargaining is a human right? That is such crap, if they don't like it, go somewhere else. I know of many young teachers in the Madison area that would kill to be in the shoes of those poor oppressed union members.

I watched some kid on the local news say that we should just tax the rich to solve the budget crisis. I just about crapped my pants. Tax the rich, huh. The local business owners in this town are just so damned rich that we can just tax them to make up the billions that we are short.

Or better yet, Walker gave millions in tax breaks to the corporations. What is so bad with him trying to lure good paying jobs for the unemployed in this area? We are one of the highest taxed states with business fleeing to other states so they can better compete in this climate. I have the answer though, lets all be put on the government payroll, then the unions will protect us all.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Whats there to bargain with? You talk of facts,but the facts are this. There are MORE Government sector Unions,then Private sector ones. Can you care to tell everyone where the next Stimulus is going to come from? Or maybe the next bailout? Ive post some interesting FACTS the past few days,on this subject. This whole"Collective" Bargaining idea is a sham. Wheres the "BARGAIN " for the rest of us who dont subscribe to Unions,and are tired of our tax dollars going to employees who want everything,on the taxpayers dime. Heres a state by state collective bargain on how much they are in the red. Well before Scott Walker took office.

Real Facts

Care to tell me how to bargain out of a 3.2 billion dollar deficit?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Did you read the whole report? I didn't think so.

I do understand the left has been touting that as something it isn't, but let's be honest, no intelligent person can read that and come away with the idea there is/was/would ever be a budget surplus. We owe the state of Minnesota 65 million dollars. We owe the patient compensation fund 200 million dollars. Why? Because Doyle and the democrats in Madison haven'[t been paying the bills and have ILLEGALLY STOLEN money that physicians are forced to set aside to pay for victims of medical malpractice.
edit on 18-2-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dwigt

GW Bush gave corporations tax breaks over 10 years ago and it has NOT created new jobs yet.
Our politicians just extented it and do you see any new jobs on the horizon ?
With all the tax breaks for the wealthy who do you think is going to make up the difference, the retired, the unemployed , the illegal aliens ? Not many left after you kill of the unions.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join