It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin shows rest of country the real union thuggery going on in this country

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans

Originally posted by beezzer
Isn't this the same union that got a pass on Obamacare? I have no sympathy for unions. They have "collectively" bargained themselves out of a future because of their greed an arrogance.

Oh yes Mr. Obama takes care of his and his buddies campaign coffers......errr..........unions.

I find this response to be somewhat odd seeing how you gave an answer that implied quite the opposite just a few minutes ago in another thread. See if you recognize it;

"Why is Obama silent? Because he knows the majority of Americans do not agree with these union thuggery tactics. Most Americans wonder why these folks are marching to the state house because they have to pay a small pittance for their benefits compared to what we all pay. He doesn't want to anger any more voters is what's going on. He'll take the piles of campaign money from the unions but doesn't give a rats butt about the workers."

I've always heard that you can't have your cake and eat it too, so which is it?

I don't know what part of either post you don't understand.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

They are not happy with reasonable appoaches. Heck, Obama only gave US soldiers a 1.4% raise because he said that that is how much inflation rose.

These folks want it ALL. There is no negotiation. It's gimmegimmegimme

Then gimme some more!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

They say their goal is to remain vigilant in our efforts to be heard.
Gee, i think they actually "heard" you the first day!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

Well, it just seems that on the one hand you're saying that Obama takes care of his campaign coffers...the unions and then in the other thread you seem to be saying that Obama doesn't give a rats butt about the unions. I was just wondering which opinion is the official one.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Over the last two years, public sector unions in Wisconsin have made sacrifices, days off without pay, forgone pay increases, etc... just like the rest of the state depts. have done in order to balance their budget. Which by the way, was in no immediate distress until governor Walker took over and started giving his special interest cronies the tax breaks they paid for. This entire budget shortfall is self inflicted by the republican legislature currently in place, don't you get it, they created this budget deficit so they could use it as a tool to bust the unions.

Just take the time to look at the facts in this article and the link within it; host.madison.com...

Gonna take a few minutes to review, especially the actual Wisconsin Legislative Fiscal Bureau report, but the numbers don't lie and the truth is what it is.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Well, it just seems that on the one hand you're saying that Obama takes care of his campaign coffers...the unions and then in the other thread you seem to be saying that Obama doesn't give a rats butt about the unions. I was just wondering which opinion is the official one.

No I said the workers.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Will there be a third day of rage in Wisconsin?
I'm waiting for them to tip over a few cars and set them on fire.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The governor is being "reasonable and fair".
Maybe Governor Christie should stop by and read them their rights.
"If you don't think you are being fairly compensated then you do not have to be a teacher."

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

You keep posting this op-ed link that doesn't spell out any of these "ill schemed" tax breaks and payoffs to cronies as if it were written in stone. How bout providing some facts not some oped from a paper?

Also as I have point out twice in this article there is no union "busting" going on. Unions can still negotiate for the scraps for their greedy minions.
edit on 17-2-2011 by HoldTheBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Giving tax breaks to companies only promotes hiring in the area.
Unions have made sacrafices, I will agree.
They have also made demands. Which has coloured my rosy picture of unions.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I know this is hard on you, but if you spend some time going over the document contained within the article, you will see that the numbers don't lie.

edit on 17-2-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
All Democrat Senators have just fled Madison in order to avoid having to vote. A Fillibuster is an accepted method of delay/protest. Running, hiding and being derelict in your duty is not. Nice PR move Team Donkey. Showing yourselves for the weak sisters you are.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Giving tax breaks to companies only deteriorates the tax base and pits community against community in a race to the bottom, leaving the non-exempted taxpayer to pick up the slack.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

I think we did that here in Texas once and if I remember right it worked pretty good. Only the second time I've heard of the tactic being utilized. I think it was a great move, I just wonder where those republicans are going to run come election time.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Running like chickens out of the city so there can't be a quorum is abandonment and dereliction of duty.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

What you fail to realize is that these are ELECTED officials. There are more of us here that will continue to vote in good people who can do the tough thing. Just because you see a mob of crazies does not mean that they are the only ones in the area that have a voice. Most of us here choose to do our jobs and continue to be productive rather than ditch out on responsibility and cause a stir.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
So why not bust those greedy police, prison guard, firefighter's unions, too, if unions are so evil?

Wouldn't the nature of police work combined with the evils of unionism make them the most evil and corrupt?

Oh, wait, you need those guys to protect you from those you want to rip off, and to protect the stuff you've stolen from being flamed in protest.

This is a perfect example of:

Why you should NEVER vote for anyone who promises "to run government like a business."

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 17-2-2011 by apacheman because: sp

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
All Democrat Senators have just fled Madison in order to avoid having to vote. A Fillibuster is an accepted method of delay/protest. Running, hiding and being derelict in your duty is not. Nice PR move Team Donkey. Showing yourselves for the weak sisters you are.

Yeah, they all got on the same bus and left the state.
The Liberals did the exact same thing down in Texas a few years ago.
They went right across the state line and checked into a Holiday Inn.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Giving tax breaks to companies only deteriorates the tax base and pits community against community in a race to the bottom, leaving the non-exempted taxpayer to pick up the slack.

Giving tax breaks to companies allows said companies to remain in the area and hire more people. Lowering unemployment and providing more people to add to the tax "pool".

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
What you are witnessing is a mass temper tantrum resulting from a reduction in entitlements granted to these cry-babies by Democrat representatives bought and paid for by these unions to maintain their voting block and power base.

And, with the appalling behavior of these Democrats taking a bus out of state to avoid a vote, only reinforces what I have believed for a long time....

DEMOCRATS = COWARDS

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187

Running like chickens out of the city so there can't be a quorum is abandonment and dereliction of duty.

Yeah well, you know what they say, If it works, do it. If I lived closer, I'd open up my home to those "fugitives" for as long as they needed. I think the next election in Wisconsin will be the "tell all" and we'll just have to wait to see the results to see who's right.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join