It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin shows rest of country the real union thuggery going on in this country

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

Conclusive proof these teachers put their own selfish priorities far above educating children. The time has come to privatize education and show all the bleeding hearts how real success is achieved. Through hard work and results, not union bullying!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I'm not blaming the victim.......they aren't victims. If everyone else has to tighten their belts, why shouldn't they? I have had to deal with repercussions of union thugs in two different industries, they are just short of organized crime.

And I've been a Chief Steward for a supposedly 'enlightened' employer...as well as negotiating a contract. There is still a damn good reason for unions. Further...chase down the scum that caused the belt tightening...demand accountability from the government and the banks, throw the bandits in jail!
Or sit at a keyboard and blame your neighbours.

Ah so now I understand. Scumbags eh. Expecting unions to pay their fair share how dare anybody speak up to that.

Unions set the bar for the good years. The scum looted the middle class...or does Wall Street limit itself to 'its fair share'?

Wake up and quit blaming your neighbours.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I'm not blaming the victim.......they aren't victims. If everyone else has to tighten their belts, why shouldn't they? I have had to deal with repercussions of union thugs in two different industries, they are just short of organized crime.

And I've been a Chief Steward for a supposedly 'enlightened' employer...as well as negotiating a contract. There is still a damn good reason for unions. Further...chase down the scum that caused the belt tightening...demand accountability from the government and the banks, throw the bandits in jail!

Ah so now I understand. Scumbags eh. Expecting unions to pay their fair share how dare anybody speak up to that.

Dear HoldTheBeans, maybe you missed my post here in your thread but check out this link and then tell me who the real "scum bags" are; host.madison.com...

Remember the game show, "To Tell The Truth?"........"Would the real scum bag, please stand up."

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cypwolf

While I agree with the meat your post, your invokation of Godwin's Law is not necessarily appropriate. I listened to a long interview of Godwin and he made very, very clear that there are many discussions where using Nazi comparisons is both accurate and completely appropriate. He is bit horrified that his tongue-and-cheek law keeps people from bringing up comparisons when they should in fact be appropriate and a tool to warn the readers of something that must be stopped before it is taken too far.

In other words, to use the mere mention of Hitler as cause to discredit any thread does a total 180 from Godwin's own stated thinking.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Unions set the bar for the good years. The scum looted the middle class...or does Wall Street limit itself to 'its fair share'?

Wake up and quit blaming your neighbours.

One of my neighbors is union and I'm not blaming him. He actually agrees with the state. I guess you and your boys would beat him up.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Dear HoldTheBeans, maybe you missed my post here in your thread but check out this link and then tell me who the real "scum bags" are; host.madison.com...

Remember the game show, "To Tell The Truth?"........"Would the real scum bag, please stand up."

Nope I read it and commented on it.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

One of my neighbors is union and I'm not blaming him. He actually agrees with the state. I guess you and your boys would beat him up.

Sure. Quite the fallback position...if only you knew our constituency.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Isn't this the same union that got a pass on Obamacare? I have no sympathy for unions. They have "collectively" bargained themselves out of a future because of their greed an arrogance.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Isn't this the same union that got a pass on Obamacare? I have no sympathy for unions. They have "collectively" bargained themselves out of a future because of their greed an arrogance.

FYI, this isn't about one single union, this is about all unionized public service workers and this may be a surprise to you but they are represented by various unions. This is about working people and the American standard of living and anyone who can't see this should probably apply for assistance through the lighthouse for the blind.

For those who want the truth, it lies here; host.madison.com... Don't forget to check out the source link inside the article because the numbers don't lie and the facts are quite clear, this is union busting and nothing more.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
All this is, is a few billionaire tycoons have told their GOP lackeys to bust the unions so they can further pad their wallets and now we get a flood of these "unions are evil" threads and Fox "newscasts".

If you were co concerned about teaching kids then why don't YOU become a teacher? What's that? You don't want to work for $14,000 a year handling violent emotionally-disturbed 15-year olds?

Collective bargaining gives a voice to the little people. It's so nice to see that there a segment of our population that wants to strip them of that.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I've watched several of the videos coming from that protest, and some questions come to mind.

1. Do you think that the teachers are going to be able to draw sick pay for calling in sick so that they can protest? If so, shouldn't that be illegal?

2. Some teachers brought their students to the protest. Doesn't it seem that the teachers might be teaching the children to be radicals, to defy authority?

3. Police had to collect sticks from Teamsters - sticks that did not have signs attached to them. Do you think that the Teamsters are going to be joining in on thuggery tactics and beatings of those that oppose the unions?

4. Back to the children... I wonder if the teachers got permission slips signed from the children's parents to take the children to the protest in the first place?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
For all those who think the union is being "busted" I'll repost the quote from the origional link I included which many apparently perused by.

Unions still could represent workers, but could not seek pay increases above those pegged to the Consumer Price Index unless approved by a public referendum. Unions also could not force employees to pay dues and would have to hold annual votes to stay organized. In exchange for bearing more costs and losing bargaining leverage, public employees were promised no furloughs or layoffs. Walker has threatened to order layoffs of up to 6,000 state workers if the measure does not pass.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Oh yes Mr. Obama takes care of his and his buddies campaign coffers......errr..........unions.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Underworlds

I've watched several of the videos coming from that protest, and some questions come to mind.

1. Do you think that the teachers are going to be able to draw sick pay for calling in sick so that they can protest? If so, shouldn't that be illegal?

2. Some teachers brought their students to the protest. Doesn't it seem that the teachers might be teaching the children to be radicals, to defy authority?

3. Police had to collect sticks from Teamsters - sticks that did not have signs attached to them. Do you think that the Teamsters are going to be joining in on thuggery tactics and beatings of those that oppose the unions?

4. Back to the children... I wonder if the teachers got permission slips signed from the children's parents to take the children to the protest in the first place?

Hey underworld my sister called in sick a few years back to attend opening day of the Royals season. She happened to be interviewed by a local TV station and her boss saw it on the news. Guess what? Your Fired! Wonder what will happen to these union teachers on camera? Probably get a raise.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It's a shame, I would've loved to see the police unions in Wisconsin taken down a notch...hoping it would start a trend across the states. Alas no, they are exempt. No doubt due to the unchecked and over-important police lobby in the state.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

edit on Mon Feb 21 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Oh yes Mr. Obama takes care of his and his buddies campaign coffers......errr..........unions.

I find this response to be somewhat odd seeing how you gave an answer that implied quite the opposite just a few minutes ago in another thread. See if you recognize it;

"Why is Obama silent? Because he knows the majority of Americans do not agree with these union thuggery tactics. Most Americans wonder why these folks are marching to the state house because they have to pay a small pittance for their benefits compared to what we all pay. He doesn't want to anger any more voters is what's going on. He'll take the piles of campaign money from the unions but doesn't give a rats butt about the workers."

I've always heard that you can't have your cake and eat it too, so which is it?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Boreas

Thanks for posting the video, it was pretty good depiction of the struggle organized labor has fought in the past and continues to fight to this day.

I make every attempt to make it perfectly clear which side I'm on and for those who do not already know, I will always stand for the working people of this country, unionized or not, we all earn our bread by the sweat of our brow. Corporate greed is the enemy of labor and it should not be allowed to exist.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Obama, in his own words.

edit on Mon Feb 21 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Obama is in bed with the unions. That was to be expected.
Look at these spoiled brats.

The governor should hand out videos of " Waiting for Superman".

Check out the article: Teachers Gone Wild
edit on 17-2-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join