It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin shows rest of country the real union thuggery going on in this country

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

You are ignorant ingrates and deserve a governor like Walker

I voted for him, and was quite happy when he won.
So, yes, I DO deserve him.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelwrangler
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

"Let them die, we can decrease the surplus population" Ring a bell...or no?

"They knew it was their job,..."

They did not know that they were not going to be compensated for it. And furthermore, they did not know they were going to earn money, put in their pension accounts, have it gambled upon or take a 3% reduction in last years salary and then be asked to give up their first amendment rights.

Read my post before last, take into account quantitative easing, their pensions are down around 30% conservatively.

What's your model? Cough it up or shut up.

So is everybody else's retirement funds. Welcome to reality.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by universaltruth
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

as i said, focusing on education buddy. so their not eliminating it, apologies for my wording. effectively eliminating it's purpose. teachers can't strike, workers can't leave for three days, which they would use for protest. then they get fired. is that better for you? i'll just spoon feed you my thoughts.
this guy is playing politics. fire and police are exempted, and they made pretty large contributions to his campaign.

Ah so your mad that the democrats didn't get all the union money now is that it? lol

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
As the great leader Obammer says...........

"We all have to make concessions in these difficult times. We all have to make sacrifices. Everybody has to have some skin in the game."

Unless your unions. I guess he forgot to add that part. Of course communists love unions.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

And, after that introduction, roll the infomercial....

I will grant you that at ONE TIME, unions served a purpose. However, unions have evolved/devolved to corrupt, power-hungry, greedy organizations whose primary purpose is NOT to benefit those they claim to represent, but to line the coffers of corrupt and greedy politicians to ensure that they "vote their way" and essentially to leave them alone.

Its a viscous circle, unions prop up mindless politicians and politicians ensure that unions get their way. Meanwhile, all you poor suckers buy into "the union is looking out for the working man" rhetoric. Sounds like part of the deomocrat mantra, right?

I bet if I gave a workers freebies for years that I could turn them into loyal subjects as well.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Oh my goodness, you sound a little paranoid. All of us business owners really want to eat your brains. Once we take your unions, we are gonna come for you!

You are a pretty sharp guy to have it all figured out.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelwrangler
What is at stake here is, can worker's organize within big business and big government?

You tell me.
edit on 18-2-2011 by angelwrangler because: I bought gas.

This is my two cents, but I think I'm pretty straight down the line here. Yes, employees can organize with big business, if they are given the opportunity the chance to opt out. If employers and employees want to not unionize, then that has to be ok too.

But it's a definitive no to organize with big government. It's whom they are organizing against that's the problem. You are forcing your neighbors to fund your pension under threat from the government. How is that ok? You're not supposed to get rich working for the government.

You are supposed to use the government as a stepping stool onto bigger and better things. The government was supposed to be a professional, regimented, uniform outfit that handled military and civilian judicial issues. Then, you left to go work in the private sector where all your governmental training was supposed to kick in and help you be successful. That's it.

We weren't supposed to be paying people's welfare checks from the governments coffers, the forefathers considered that thievery from the taxpaying citizens.

It says to "promote the general welfare" in the constitution, not "provide" it.
- Lt. Col. Allen West

We aren't supposed to make people like Charles Rangel, John Kerry, and Nancy Pelosi rich after 30 plus years in Congress. That's not what the founders intended at all.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Neocons are a hoot. 300 million taxpayer dollars a day spent on Afghanistan?! Not a word!

Teachers demanding the right to collective bargaining here in the U.S.? What a travesty!

lol

So the teachers are communists then? Too funny!
Communism was created and funded by Zionists: the buddies of today's neocon trash.

Neoconservative Israel-firsters resent a single American-taxpayer dime being
spent in the U.S.--why? not because they've turned against their fellow-traveling comrades all of a sudden.

Rather, in their neocon minds, this is good American taxpayer money that--unless we're very careful--might not be spent properly: raping, torturing, and murdering Muslims in the Middle East.

Spare the world the self-righteous indignation. The motives are transparent.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nickspm

The war in Afghanistan involves something called - national security -.
Bankrupting all the states with "sweetheart union deals" from corrupt politicians is not - national security -.
BTW,Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker had an A+ press conference yesterday.
With each passing day Gov. Scott Walker gets stronger and the liberals hiding out at the
Clock Tower Resort in Illinois are getting weaker.
Maybe we could fire them for "job abandonment"?
I guess the neolibs will wake up eventually.

edit on 19-2-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The Madison School District has gone to court to get teachers back to work.

The Wisconsin State Journal reports the district late Friday filed for an injunction that would bar teachers from taking part in any more work stoppages such as teacher demonstrations that have closed schools three days this week.

Schools have been closed in Madison, Milwaukee and other districts around Wisconsin as teachers call in sick to attend protests at the state Capitol over Gov. Scott Walker's budget repair bill. Teachers and other state union workers are upset that Walker wants to curtail their collective bargaining rights.

In its filing, the Madison School District characterizes the work stoppage as an illegal strike. Strikes by teachers are prohibited by state law.....................

Madison School District Files Injunction to Get Teachers Back to Work

No shame in wasting MORE taxpayers money,in their illegal strike. No shame in getting paid to do it also.

Well, it's about time.
What about when the teachers dragged their students out of class to go play at a rally?
Isn't that contributing to the delinquency of a minor?
Did they get permission slips from the parents?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by nickspm

Really? Still drinking that koolaide? To quote Linda McQuaig, "It's the crude, dude!"
I'm surprised anybody is still falling for that national security bunk. If you weren't laying out for those wars...and I do believe Iraq is still costing you...you'd have plenty of dough to take care of your own. In fact, I read where you're rebuilding A-stan. Baghdad wants a billion. I guess Detroit could use the favour. God only knows, NOLA sure could.

State...Federal...two pockets in the same set of taxpayer pants. It's not the unions suckering you.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Well, at least we brought democracy to Iraq.
There appear to good ripple effects to our actions.
Also, i don't see anymore SCUD missiles flying from Iraq to Jerusalem.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Afghanistan is suppose to be the "good" war.
The lefties here in the USA say Iraq pulled resources away from the Afghanistan war.
Obama sent even more troops in.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

DEMOCRATS = COWARDS

Nice objective opinion.

Anyways, the demonization and personal attacks on this issue doesn't help any. Just because those teachers are on strike does not mean they don't care about the kids. How much salary does the average teacher make? I don't think they make enough to ake them say to themselves, "Damn, nice pay cheque, screw wall street, screw dot com, screw residual income, screw the american dream I'm rich! Time to go on strike cause I don't care about the kids that's why I'm in teaching, for the money."

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
double
edit on 19-2-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

reply to post by nickspm

edit on 19-2-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

wow that's a pretty picture. 700+ military bases worldwide, yep Team America world police. Those terrorists are jealous of our iPods and McDonalds

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dl2one

Yep all this Republican rage over $40k a year teachers who in most folks opinions dont make enough.
Where was this Republican outrage when the wall street Fat Cats got their big bonus's on the taxpayer? Or those big Tax breaks that sent corporate millions everywhere but in the Gov till?
Why does the GOP take swipes at the beleaguered and strained medium avg worker in favor of Big Big money and Foreign trading interests.
Whoops my mistake I brought the truth in. My bad.
Gop = ???????

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by VType

This is about many states living beyond their means.
The "sweetheart union deals" will be broken. The same thing is going to happen in New York.
-------------------------------------------------------------
When the neolibs get in trouble you always run to wall street.

Look at those fat cats!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Well, at least we brought democracy to Iraq.
There appear to good ripple effects to our actions.

You trying to be funny? What makes you think the Afghanis want (insert US multinational and/or fast food giant) _________ in their country? What if Islam thought their ideologies should be pushed on the world, and so they had 700+ "terrorist" bases policing the world as they see fit? Simply ignorant. I suppose you think all Arabs are jealous of your freedoms and want to blow you up via IED or suicide bombing? And just what kind of Democracy did you bring to Afghanistan? The kind where Karzai's brother is a known "shady" character? THe kind where Opium production increases some ridiculous amount after the good guys come in and police the place ?

What good ripple effect has their been that justifies the military expenditure based on manufactured fears? 6000 US military suicides in one year. Hmmm, wonder why that is. Maybe because some soldiers are seeing themselves in a different light. But I'm sure they are all classified as "indirect casualties in the fight for freedom and justice, and making sure every poor nomadic non white has access to working for, and buying from ________ ( insert large multinational and and all it's daughter companies here)

Hey kids, lets all sit down and watch the real history channel, complete with flashy words and spinning graphics to show us the real story. ohh, shiny!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

LOL.
40k a year is a "sweetheart deal"
Are you serious.
Thats barely enough too own a home and feed kids.
LOL.
Sweet heart deals.
WTF?
Sweet heart deals are the Tax exempt rich whom deplete rather than create jobs.
Gop ignorance rears its head again.
Nice disdain for those we entrust too educate our young masses.
Wheres the rage for Sweetheart off shore holdings to avoid taxes.
Thats right Break the back of Joe and Jane avg.
Go Gop Go!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by VType

Gov. Scott Walker is asking for a modest increase in their contributions to their pensions
to 5.8% of salary and double contributions to health insurance premiums to 12.6% of salary.
That is fair and it is going to happen. Get used to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join