It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama proposes fee for Canadian visitors to the U.S.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
One more reason for us Canadians not to go over the boarder. Thats ok, i like it here anyways. Maybe we should impose a counter-fee for americans crossing into canada...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Thats what I was thinking. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. I say we charge 11.00, that would compensate and we'd be the ones making money to pay our debt.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
How about this for a trade. The Canadians will pay this $5.50 "passenger inspection fee" without a fuss but CANADA WILL charge a $5.50 fee on every barrel of oil we ship to the USA.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Hey let's charge a fee to travel from state to state and county to county too.

Done.
If you want to fish in every state expect to spend about $50+
dollars per state. 50 x 50 = $2500

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It sounds like his motto is "Let's pick on the people who enter this country legally and can speak English."

Not meaning to derail this thread by implicating anything, but it seems like this administration, contrary to it's promises, is turning their backs on the border to the south and scrutinizing a country who has more in common with the United States than Mexico does.

I will say this about Obama. He sure does know how to put his foot in his mouth.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
look guys... we crack alot of jokes on each other, but lets be serious for a moment. you are the best friend this country has ever had. we depended on you more often then not regarding our overseas endeavors. please don't believe we all think the way you might think that we think. we do appreciate you, it's our government that dosen't play nice. please don't ever let that reflect on america in general!!! we LOVE you guys, hate your hockey teams/players, but thats no big deal...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join