It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Larger Solar Storm - today 2/17/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well, as predicted on here many times, now it's officially announced in the MSM.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

It'll be interesting to see how bright they get, if any.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
A couple intuition-type feelings i've been having lately:

-Humanity is told about something threatening it's entire population. (some sort of natural event)

-Humanity is also told there is not much that we can control about thus said event.

-All of humanity drops what it does to pray and beg to the skys for an aversion.

-Thus said aversion happens (could be through alien help or Big Gov technology)

-One World Order and greater understanding of peace and things outside of our comprehension

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

The strongest storm in four years is expected to interfere with satellites and electrical networks, with astronomers in southern China already reporting disturbances to radio communications.

"Life increasingly depends on technologies that didn't exist when the magnetic recordings began," Alan Thomson, BGS head of geomagnetism said.

"Studying the records will tell us what we have to plan and prepare for to make sure systems can resist solar storms...

I keep hearing statements like this last one. And I've been hearing them for quite some time. Is anyone the least bit curious as to why we seldom hear about any solutions that have come about from all of this study?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Here's an actual video of the solar flare hitting us today. First you see a bright flash and than you'll see a huge shockwave moving away from the sun. The video was taken over an 11 hour period.

You can download the video here:

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
edit on 17-2-2011 by Anodyne because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2011 by Anodyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

Well not sure if this is related but the power has been flickering on and off now where I am for the last 30 mins (Central Scotland)?

Completely foggy though so im not seeing anything tonight if theres going to be a display.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by ckitch

Well not sure if this is related but the power has been flickering on and off now where I am for the last 30 mins (Central Scotland)?

Completely foggy though so im not seeing anything tonight if theres going to be a display.

Ironically, I was reading this thread when our power went out. It was out for half an hour (it just came back on), and it's a beautiful day...the sun's out, it's well above freezing (which is strange, actually), and there's hardly any wind.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Its yet to go completely out here, its similar to what it would be with extreme winds, lights blinking out completely for a second but PC is staying on etc.

Bit of a shame if there is going to be any display in the sky as the fogs so dense you cannot see beyond 50 meters or so.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

if it takes out my pc I'll be VERY MAD ; I can't live anymore without informations and internet

new topics

top topics

join