It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After surviving war in Iraq, U.S. troops now being killed by Big Pharma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

(NaturalNews) They survived live fire, explosive devices, terror attacks and grueling desert conditions. But upon returning home to seek treatment for the mental anguish that too often accompanies war, U.S. soldiers are now being killed by the pharmaceutical industry in record numbers.

A recent example is found with the late Senior Airman Anthony Mena, who returned home from Baghdad only to be killed by a toxic cocktail of prescription medications in his apartment in the USA. As the New York Times reports, a toxicologist found eight prescription medications in his blood
NYTimes

Those drugs included painkillers, sleeping pills, antidepressants and a sedative. The medical examiner concluded that Anthony Mena died of multiple pharmaceutical toxicity. He was only 23 years old.

Headligths:
Big Pharma killing more soldiers than enemy combatants?
Big Pharma's link to Nazi concentration camps.

Full article HERE

For every ill there is another pill.

Too many pills? Think that pills aren't the answer?

Don't fear, they have a pill for that too.

As much as I want to blame the drug companies, I can't any more than I can blame a cigarette company for smokers. Frankly, in this case, it is the doctors who are the only educated responsible party capable of proper oversight and intervention. We trust them to not write a prescription that will kill us, and we should hold them responsible when they fail that trust.

Doctors really need to learn the highest educated, academic, and philosophic phrase ever used in the history of mankind: Sorry, I just don't know.

Unfortunately, a certain amount of people will come back emotionally traumatized to a point that no medicine can help them.

War IS hell.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Mask the symptoms.....ignore the cause....

So sad and such a waste.....

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
One question:

When do we hold these industries, Government (don't kid yourself - government is an industry), Banks, Wall Street, Big pharma, the *practice* of medicine, chemical, bio-tech, water and agricultural accountable for their crimes against humanity?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Listen, it would be irresponsible for medical personnel to NOT prescribe these antidepressants when there exist a real likelihood of suicide. Antidepressants work in conjunction with therapy and without the combination of the two results would be worse.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
That's terrible news.

I feel for these guys returning home after they had to experience war first hand. Though, I wouldn't know what it takes to cope afterward. Don't they have groups these soldiers can see or psychologists? There must be a better way of coping other than turning to prescription drugs.

Wouldn't go as far as to say these pharmaceutical companies are Nazi camps, but rather it's the negligence of the doctors prescribing these medications.

new topics

top topics

join