It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive solar flare hits Earth tonight

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The Canadian Space Agency has a real time web cam monitoring the Northern Lights should any one want to check it, the link is;

www.asc-csa.gc.ca...

Also check the archives.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
about 7:10 pm eastern lights flickered and went out for about 10 seconds. talk to my wife who is at work and on a different grid and did the same thing there. dont know if it had anything to do with solar flare but thought id share

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I'm in Florida, my power went out for around 15 seconds. forgot what time it was exactly, but it was past 7:00p.m.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I clicked to come in on this thread and the format was all messed up - I clicked reply and its alright now. I have had computer glitches, getting knocked off line at times (that must be the cable). My toolbar disappears and reappears - can't figure that one out. I will now try to read the threads and catch up.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Other than a little partial loss of the picture quality on our satellite TV hook up numerous time this afternoon, things were uneventful...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I love how I always get these emails with popular topics a few days after this or that "disastrous" event has come and gone, and how without the email, I would have never even heard of it.

How is it that people here still manage to take these things seriously? What, do you just say, "Well, sure - they haven't been right yet, but I'm sure this time it'll be different!"

Seriously, now... after a thousand and one predictions of doom and disaster, after expecting to be shipped off to a "FEMA concentration camp" any day for the last 20+ years, and never seeing any of the above happen, how can anyone still be buying stuff like this?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
yea sure, keep telling yourself we're all wrong. that'll make things much easier when shtf...

the fact that only china, a few satalites and a few types of radio sets failed means we we're lucky this time.

I would also refer to the thread titled something like 'scientists want our help now' but I believe you have made up your mind.

what you may not realise is that was a small one, and the only reason anyone was panicing at all is because of the hole in the magnetosphere. wait til we hit solar max then see who's laughing.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The sun is waking up - it has just started. We have been getting M flares almost daily the past several days.
IMO this warrants close watching. It isn't fear mongering its just good sense
to stay safe. Not to mention we learn about the sun which for eons has
been a mystery.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Daisy, it doesn't matter how big the flare is, the Earth will protect us, life has been around for millions of years, it may take out technology, but life will survive, don't worry about it.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by crazydaisy

Daisy, it doesn't matter how big the flare is, the Earth will protect us, life has been around for millions of years, it may take out technology, but life will survive, don't worry about it.

Earth protect's earth first, us second.

When the earth's population get's too big, mother nature may cull the masses a bit.
Nothing personal, it's just how it's done...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Me and my girlfriend plan to watch it here in Michigan at 10PM. Not sure if we will see anything but were bringing out the camera just in case. If not, we can always check out the live feed but it would be a lot more interesting to witness it outside and not through the computer screen lol.

Do you guys think this has anything to do with the NASA letter that was sent out? I know it's normal but it does seem like a pretty big coincidence that it was sent out the same day as the solar flare reaches earth. I guess we will just have to see what happens.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Pwarp

you were a few months late for this one I have seen the Aurora before in MI though

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Dear ATS Society.

So that is why my phone acted up some days ago. I have a local Moscow Cell Service provider and I had absolutely no coverage the last days or so. Can't remember exactly how long ago the issues started. At the same time my broadband connection has been utterly flaky with frequent drop-outs. All this near Moscow, Russia. And now it seems there is some minor geomagnetic activity over the UK, keep an eye out on this page and take a look towards your skies to see that green glow. (And seek shelter when it turns a brilliant red, that means Oxygen atoms are bombarded with high energy particles
). And the weather is heating up rapidly going from -17 C to just around -3 degrees of the oh so European Celsius.

Greetings from sleepy Russia with Love.

(I did mistake February 2011 for 2012, and I do apologize for waking a rather dusty thread.)
edit on 18/2/2012 by RumET because: Apologies for resurrection.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
10:37pm and as expected all is good

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RumET

Please take a look at the date this thread was started. I don't think this had anything to do with your cell phone or internet problems.

*bangs head against wall.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join