It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien activity onboard the ISS?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Ummm NOPE!

It is not rotating it is stationary. If it was rotating the hole in the center would fluctuate "get smaller and larger. But it remains constant and stationary. This is the error in your analysis. You mean to tell me all these "washers" coming loose of a Billion dollar space station, and shuttles is a normal occurrence? I mean someone forgot a few drops of lock-tite when assembling the space station

Where are the nuts a bolts then? We always see "washers" but the hardware that goes to said washers are never accompanied by them ?

This is a washer

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b2b937e45ba.jpg[/atsimg]

and this is a donut

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/201645ee88e1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeinthematrix

I think the video is shot from inside the ISS , through a window and the camera is picking up distorted relections. The pulsating ring is just a washer revolving as it moves away.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Interesting. The comment of Plasma Creatures are interesting. If such creatures evolved to live in space and in fact originate from the sun that would be awesome. If intelligent life forms that originated from or could live on stars in some way shape or form in a pocket dimension... or in the center of it that would be crazy and it would explain luminescent space craft that pop up... don't land... scan the area and then leave. Most aliens couldn't survive in our atmosphere without technological assistance... would make life interesting if animals so to speak were floating around in space like in the ocean.

Why would aliens always have to conspire to rule our planet? That mentality is soooooo human. What are the odds that a civilization with similar biology will conquer our world in the name of the universal empire? If the were going to do it they would have done it back before we became more technologically developed. Some species could be immortal. If they could never die and can re assemble molecules and maintain individuality the conquering other worlds for resources would be pretty stupid. They would study it more likely than not. The same thing goes for higher energy beings existing on alternate plains... why would they have the need to go out and recruit more species to transcend with them? If they did it naturally them if humanity was meant to reach that point they could do it on their own. It could be that we really aren't that special. Heck this could have been an abandoned soldier breeding colony from some long forgotten intergalactic or inter-dimensional war. Some one lost... and here humans remained and developed. We are currently being experimented with by the victors using bio drones or whatever. Perhaps one side of the war was lead by human like beings. The species on this world was created with certain traits to self propagate and be war like... We do not necessarily have to be a food source or human farm because I am sure they could cut corners and grown organs that they needed artificially from an advanced cloning process.

At any rate I couldn't really see anything and it is interesting how they panned away to focus on a washer.... how not exciting. If it was an alien incursion I doubt they would be calm. If the military knew about potential alien threats I am sure they would intergrate military protective measures on the space station. Who knows maybe an astronaught with a beam weapon went outside and zapped the little bugger as the camera looked away.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
erhmmmm zero gravity = washer not spinning very fast and floating away from the station. This isn't your typical washer it is made of some pretty crazy stuff that is super reflective!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sqorpius
reply to post by lifeinthematrix

I think the video is shot from inside the ISS , through a window and the camera is picking up distorted relections. The pulsating ring is just a washer revolving as it moves away.

Why wouldn't they have external cameras to get a clearer shot of whats going on outside of the station... the camera movements were automated.... a astronaut wasn't holding a hand held camera looking out side of a window. come on guy

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Very interesting thoughts. I had thought of most of these solutions too. Here is the conclusion I came to. Can it be a piece of cloth/plastic material? Possible, but that doesn't address the point that it is clearly moving, and undulating. Such a cloth might move like this in an atmosphere, but in airless space. It is possible that it is being blown about by stablizing rockets...there are a few unusual flashes of light around the object (appearing to actually come from the object itself in my opinion though). Even if they are not coming from the object, I have a problem with this. My understanding is that once the ISS station is in orbit, it does not need much stablizing adjustment..,perhaps none at all. I may be wrong about that fact, so if anyone knows for sure, please let me know. Also stablizing rockets would simply blow it in one direction every time they went off.....They would not cause the obvious undulation. Could it be some sort of automated robot? I thought of this too.....it appears 'organic' and amorphous, however. No technology I know of could create such a robot. Another possibility...could it be the reflection off of a window, and we are actually seeing something inside the craft. This one I need to look into a bit more, but from the way it appears to me, I am quite certain I can see a very distinct shadow on the ISS from this 'Thing'....That would seem to disprove the reflection Idea. The only possibility think of...and i come to this rather reluctantly. Is that it is some sort of Space Critter. It appears almost jellyfish like...even perhaps somewhat translucent in some parts. It moves like some creature from the deep, deep ocean. The bright flashes are akin to bioluminescence that has developed in many of these creatures, or one possibility I thought of, is that perhaps those flashes are part of some sort of natural electromagnetic propulsion the creature has. I've often wondered about how, if a creature was to develop in space, then how could it possibly move. This could be the answer....an electromagnetic field, produced not unlike how an electric eel produces one, but for a different purpose. It could either be using the field to somehow push off of the earth's similiar field, or it could be akin to a Hall Thruster, or even perhaps it has a sort of T.T.Brown 'lifter' style of thing going on. (although this in itself would also be contriversial, since many argue that such a lifter can not operate outside an atmosphere.)
One more point...why are the crew not that interested in it? Perhaps they see these things every day!!! It has simply not been made public knowledge for reasons known only to Nasa.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

would they do any thrusting or moving of the ISS in such a way with our cosmonauts physically outside of the ISS? It doesnt seem like this would be the time to do such a maneuver. Your post was interesting, but please try and use paragraphs next time!

edit on 2/17/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/17/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
God, did not create a lot of empty space. In the depths of the ocean on earth where life should not exist at all, there is life. The same for space, it is just like the ocean and full of living things we are only now discovering. The black mothman looking this is weird but probably not weird in his enviornment. I truly believe that some of the ufo's people have caught on video are living creatures. I hope someday in the future we will be able to communicate with dolphins and apes and creatures in space, I would bet they have a lot to say.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I don't know what it is but that is definitely NOT a washer!
I find it ridiculous that some people are actually trying to explain how it's a washer by making such silly explanation about the lighting.
Lighting!?? are you kidding? the lighting is what absolutely discredits it of being a washer. This "thing" is pulsating at an almost uniform rhythm lighting up the entire ring at once.

How many different ways can a ring shaped washer move? I can only think of 2.
If the washer was:
flipping around- you would see a sudden "lens flare" starting from the edge radiating across the ring.
If the washer was:
rotating- rotating as in swirling around? that would make a constant ring shaped light. Was the lighting constant? NO.

-Washer-
****a flat ring**** or perforated piece of leather, rubber, metal, etc., used to give tightness to a joint, to prevent leakage, to distribute pressure, etc., as under the head of a nut or bolt.

Besides this there is also another aspect that is very intriguing like the fact that even while its not "light up" you can still see and follow its "shape" thus eliminates the "flipping" argument.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
“Stewardess quickly, there’s a man on the wing of this airplane.”

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Lame!

It's a washer catching sunlight, nothing alien about that.

It would be funny if the washer was from an alien planet and was like "buy me!" like that's how aliens advertised their products....just have them sell themselves while floating through space. Lol

That was a total lame but funny joke, no aliens just a piece of metal from a hardware store, which probaly was a semi important piece of the ISS...what if it wasn't a confrontation but people dying, and your just sitting there saying alien this and alien that, but i bet you didn't once consider the guy in the window just bouncing round, he could have hit his head then shat himself and here you are making a thread all about the video, how do you think mr shat face would like that? Not much I'm betting.

Sorry I felt like ranting but still, not everything is an alien (except all life on earth to someone else) but we haven't met them yet and probaly won't for a little while.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

Lame!

It clearly IS NOT a rotating washer catching the sunlight.

This is an image of the ring at one of it's darkest moments:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3212911a36d9.jpg[/atsimg]

It CLEARLY is not rotating. People can say it is all they like, but that's total and utter BULLCRAP.
Now explain to me how a non-rotating washer can pulsate in such a consistent fashion.

NASA should have stuck with "ice-crystal" on this one.

edit on 18-2-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Inverted:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What I have circled is not what is being talked about. I am unable to invert the "movement" below what I have circled.
edit on 18-2-2011 by MITSwagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
hey can anyone post that vid inverted?

id do it but idk how

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
These look like solar panels. It's said onboard the ISS. Does that mean inside or outside? Why would solar panels be inside?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
Lame!

Since I know you guys never read the whole thread let me show you the 'washer' again

edit on 18-2-2011 by zorgon because: Chadwickus did it!!! I KNOW NOTHING

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Smoke Ring?
edit on 18-2-2011 by MITSwagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Ok, I'm not a debunker.. far from it. But doen't this seem like a sud aquatic training exercise? And that morphing cloaked figure, couldn't that be a squid? Maybe a vampire squid or the likes? But if it is the real thing... that would be an amazing thing... S&F for you... Awesome

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It's a UIO. Unidentified inanimate object.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join