It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien activity onboard the ISS?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

I found this video very disturbing for some reason. I hope there is reason for this. Perhaps some military testing?
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. I sure would like to know what the heck this is...
Thanks for the post!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Guys, I think the most important thing in this whole video you are missing! Look at this!

What the hell is that?
edit on 17-2-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Casper?

I totally missed that. Pretty cool.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I am very intrigued as to what the morphing thing is. It reminds me much of deep sea marine life. Octopus like in the way it moves and the lights on it reminds be of the bioluminecence in squid. it almost appeared as if moved like some kind of marine life I cant seem to remember the name of now when it lit up. The ones that swim with the motion, as if you are holding the top of a curtain or towel and slowly shaking it back and forth. The motion that transfers from top to bottom. The Northern Comb Jelly in this video has similar movement as to what it appeared to me it was doing when the light came on and went out. There are other sea creatures that have similar movement, but this was the first I seen in trying to find a reference.

edit on 17-2-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Official NASA release at the time of SS 024 which was on August 3 2004 (not date as said in the video):

RELEASE : SS04-024 International Space Station Status Report: SS04-024 Two spacewalkers began rolling out the welcome mat for a new cargo vehicle this morning. International Space Station Expedition 9 Commander Gennady Padalka and NASA ISS Science Officer Mike Fincke spent 4½ hours outside the Station, swapping out experiments and installing hardware associated with Europe's Automated Transfer Vehicle (ATV), scheduled to launch on its maiden voyage to the Station next year.

During the spacewalk Padalka and Fincke worked smoothly around the exterior of the Russian Zvezda Service Module in their Orlan spacesuits. The pair exited the Pirs Docking Compartment airlock at 2:58 a.m. EDT and began work on the Russian segment immediately.

The crewmembers moved to the aft end cone of Zvezda, where their first task was to replace a sample container in an experiment, called SKK, which exposes materials to the space environment. They also replaced a Kromka experiment unit that measures contamination from Service Module thruster firings.

Their attention then turned to preparing the Station for the arrival of ATVs by installing new rendezvous and docking equipment. They installed two antennas and replaced three laser reflectors with three more advanced versions than the ones launched with Zvezda in 2000. One three-dimensional reflector was also installed to replace three other old reflectors the spacewalkers removed.

The ATV is an unpiloted cargo carrier like the Russian Progress supply vehicles but has a cargo capacity about 2½ times that of a Progress. The European Space Agency's (ESA) ATV is scheduled for its first launch in the fall of 2005 aboard an ESA Ariane 5 rocket from French Guiana. In addition to carrying cargo, including fuel, water, oxygen and nitrogen, it also can reboost the Station. Like the Progress, the ATV will burn up when it re-enters the atmosphere.

The crew also disconnected a cable for a camera that has broken and will be replaced on a future spacewalk. They retrieved another materials experiment, Platan-M. The crew returned to Pirs with the Platan-M, Kromka No.2, SKK No. 2 and the six old laser reflectors in tow.

As they worked at the rear of the Service Module, the three 600-pound Control Moment Gyroscopes that control the Station's orientation in space built up momentum and approached their saturation level, a condition that had been anticipated. According to plan, the Station was placed in free drift while the spacewalkers continued working. During this drift period, solar-generated power was affected, so mission control in Houston proactively began conserving power in a process called "load-shedding." During this time, the crew temporarily lost S-band communications with the ground.

At about 5:15 a.m. EDT, the spacewalkers, who were about 40 minutes ahead of their timeline, were asked to clear the area. Once they moved forward, the thrusters on the Service Module were activated to realign the Station's attitude and S-band communication was also restored.

At about 6 a.m. EDT, the Control Moment Gyroscopes reassumed attitude control and the Service Module thrusters were turned off. The spacewalkers then returned to work at the rear of the Service Module.

The crew closed the hatch and ended the spacewalk at 6:28 a.m. CDT. This was the 55th spacewalk in support of Station assembly and maintenance, the 30th staged from the Station itself, the fifth for Padalka and Fincke's third.

edit on 17-2-2011 by Al E. Inn because: factual correction

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Maybe it's the Borg assimilating the crew of
the ISS and building a subspace transmitter?

You never know.................

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
At first I was annoyed like some of you others. 16+ minutes sucks. I thought that what I was watching most certainly must be one of the cosmonauts. I even thought I saw his tether. The final bit was worth the wait. I am almost certain that what we are seeing is something not tied down right or some 'soft' apparatus of some kind that has had a blow out.
But I would be interested to know if anyone might think that the ring is some kind of frozen 'ring of ejecta' (gas of some sort) that has been emitted by some nearby device?
Thoughts?
Thanks.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Frater210 because: argh.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Here is how the quality of a video from ISS 24 should be - sure makes the subject video look fishy:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This camera is really bad.

I agree that the morphing object and pulsing ring are strange anomalies, but I am also concerned that our eyes are simply playing tricks on us due to the quality of that camera.

Im wondering if the pulsing ring is really just a rotating washer hitting the sunlight, and slow FPS & a low quality camera are somehow blending the frames together. If this is the case, then the morphing object could easily be something much less questionable as well..

Do we have any other videos with this SAME camera?

Edit to add: And whats up with the flashing lights everywhere? It's not stars or "aliens" because many times these specks of light appear on the ISS itself. Looks almost like this was filmed with old videotape circa 1985!!
Seriously though.. wtf? Something is not right with this video in general.
edit on 17-2-2011 by samureyed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Oh please, enough of this layman interpretation of uneducated space phenomena. Let me tell you something, it is what you think it is and you are powerless to do anything about any threat you may imagine. but thanks for bringing yet another anomaly of something you know nothing about, it's quite enlightening.

(Sarcasm off)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by fredgbear
reply to post by Arken

It cries out fake from the beginning. There is no way NASA would allow this type of footage out.

Perhaps the footage is not so ambiguous until it is so horrendously compressed?

Screams of mundane things once again corrupted by compression...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Other video's from the youtube poster of the video in the OP .

ALERT* MAN IN THE SUN 1 *ALERT

Dude, Robert F. Kennedy is the guy in the sun!!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ff08f63db5d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

It's some sort of blanket like fabric rolling and moving around...you can see its reflection at the very last second before the camera starts to follow the washer.
Nothing to see here, really.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Yes, why nothing can be proven or disproven by Youtube.
People have to grasp that concept.
Good point.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Probably just a washer that came loose. My concern is....just how did a washer come loose on the ISS??

Thats the scary part.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Here are some screenshots taken just before the youtube uploader inserts the word bubble that says, "Did you see that thing land and go inside"
First is like a blue flash at 02:54
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3bbaf852d169.jpg[/atsimg]

Second is a triangular object at 02:55
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79b6763d183a.jpg[/atsimg]

Then at 03:27 a similar object.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8330c28394f3.jpg[/atsimg]

Im not saying that this object docks/goes inside, it may be further away than it looks! But it is interesting that there seems to be a blue flash then it appears. Also the object in the 3rd pic seems to be very similar and does have a shape to it rather than the other blobs and flickers that you see fly by.
Can anyone suggest some decent software programs that do frame by frame, slow motion ect? I'd be interested in looking at other Nasa footage with the right software.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by samureyed

Here are actual video's from this mission:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

All leading me to believe this video is a hoax or intentionally poor quality video intended to show illusions.

(In any event these space walks are awesome and amzing to watch. What a thrill for the astronauts.)
edit on 17-2-2011 by Al E. Inn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Has anyone posted the video from the so-called "Tether Incident" here yet.Im a newb so I don't know. The OP video (of course) is still very interesting though.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
the way the video was zoomed-in in the slow motion made it looks like the pulsating ring comes from the object/person in the shadows, but playing it again from the start we can see that the pulsating ring starts at the bottom of the video.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I will weigh in on the strange moving thing** not the ring floating off, Im an expert here so this will help alot
just kidding.

Im gonna guess, that maybe this is a waste (trash) port of sorts?? its in a strange place of course, but it does have a black box area that looks like a hole (airlock), so maybe just maybe its what Im suggesting/guessing.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join