It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just a thought on Islam!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
well ,mods not sure if this belongs here ,so do what you do best , many thanks

now then , i am not sure how to put this but i had a few thoughts that could be questions ,maybe some folks out their on ats have answers

so why if a nun chooses to Vail her self its excepted ? but on the other hand if a Muslim woman decides to Vail her self she is oppressed ?

and why do people shame Muslims for beveling that their is no other god but god?

when a person submits to Islam witch means giving will to god or slave of god ,why do most people not understand this ?

i think i understand it , and here is how i came to understand the bond between a Muslim and Allah ,

when they summit its cause they want too ,they choose to live a life that most people would consider outdated,but in this life they live they see love and peace and a short path to Allah , so what i mean is if you came across a fork in the road that leads to your creator would you not take the shortest path ? , i guess what i am saying here is that in this religion its a total dedication to Allah , its not just a religion that requires one day out of the week serves to god , also Muslims to indeed believe Jesus was a prophet of god peace be upon him , and they fallow his teachings , ah but you say they don't ! ell let me ask you then , does a Muslim not greet every one with an opening of peace be with you ? that witch Jesus theached ?, does a Muslim not eat pork , that witch Jesus did not eat ? does a Muslim grow his beard and hair and dress that of witch Jesus dressed ? when a man of the christian faith prays does he do it in the morning ? does he do it in the afternoon does he do it often through out the day ? and does it get as low as he can to the ground to show god his will ?

forgive me i am trying to put my thoughts down the best that i can here , but if you are a true believe in god , and you want to give all to him , then would you not dedicate your whole life to him ? if you can understand that then you can understand what it is to be Muslim

i am not trying to make this a debate between religions ,i am trying to help people to understand what and why people trun to Islam , i know this is kind of scattered but i hope you can kind of get what i am talking about here lol so anyway its late i am tired , some thoughts and opinions would be nice , hopefully they can be peaceful and not turn into a huge argument , please lets keep it civil my good people

i love you all truely you are my brothers and sisters , for give my bad spelling and grammar , inshallah (god willing) you will get my message , salamu alaikum (peace be upon you )

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Religion is the most complicated issue out there , if a religious belief involves hurting , killing , racism and finger pointing, or telling people there going to hell if they don't believe in God the way they do , then its not a religion , it's extremism .I have a friend who is Muslim and he told me that it's against God's will to harm a man, woman, or child ,and that we should all love each other as God loves us.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It all boils down to the difference of opinion regarding the divinity of the prophets.

The God of the Jews, Christianity and Islam is the OT God of Moses and Abraham. What is disputed can best be described as a leftover of Arianism

Arianism was a 4th-century Christian heresy named for Arius (c.250-c.336), a priest in Alexandria. Arius denied the full deity of the preexistent Son of God who became incarnate in Jesus Christ. He held that the Son, while divine and like God ("of like substance"), was created by God as the agent through whom he created the universe. Arius said of the Son, "there was a time when he was not." Arianism became so widespread in the Christian church and resulted in such disunity that the emperor Constantine convoked a church council at Nicaea in 325 (see Councils of Nicaea).

As the Roman Empire began breaking apart, various sects of Christianity vied for dominance. The conflicts continued for the entire 1800 years following as the Empire was split between the 'East' and the 'West', each going their own way. The Jews and Islam never conceded that Christ was God while Roman Catholic and Greek Orthodox did, creating the difference of opinion that we see today.

Edit to add (from the same link:

That disputes should spring up even among the orthodox who all held one faith, was inevitable. And of these wranglings the rationalist would take advantage in order to substitute for the ancient creed his own inventions. The drift of all he advanced was this: to deny that in any true sense God could have a Son; as Mohammed tersely said afterwards, "God neither begets, nor is He begotten" (Koran, 112).

edit on 17/2/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

so why if a nun chooses to Vail her self its excepted ? but on the other hand if a Muslim woman decides to Vail her self she is oppressed ?

Nuns do not wear face veils, they wear only habits with the head part going around the face. Even among muslims, I believe majority of women do not wear face veils, but clothes similar to christian nuns.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

terrorist are muslims

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AKtheory

can you put more thought in why you believe terrorist are Muslims ? if someone defending their home ,and using god as courage to fight is that a terrorist ?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Because Europe - and by extension America - is largely defined by this or that group finding some reason, ANY reason, to hate "them" - whether the "them" is the Irish, the Bavarians, the Jews, the Roma, the Swedes, the French, the Bulgarians, the Catholics, the Muslims, the Communists, the Nationalists, the immigrants, the Sicilians, or whoever, the entire culture revolves around defining yourself by hating "them." It's a product of well over a thousand years of a cloistered, xenophobic lifestyle followed by several generations of expansive, aggressive nationalist movements.

You are not "us" so therefore you are a valid target for hate. Any offense you commit will be magnified a thousandfold, and given as MORE reason to hate you and, in many instances, attempt to kill you.

There's really no cure for it. Ignorance can be halted, but stupidity is invincible.
edit on 18/2/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
It seems to me the OP is putting lots of questions into a single basket and mixing them all up.

For example, people might disagree about any of the following topics:

-Religious and doctrinal disagreements about Islam
-Disagreements on culture, diet, customs, dress, habit, etc.of Muslim people
-Disagreements about immigration of Muslims to non-traditionally-Muslim nations
-Disagreements about the role of Islam in traditionally Muslim nations and areas, or middle-eastern politics

I'm sure there are other categories, too. These are all seperate issues with a little bit of overlap, and somebody might have an objection to Islam/Muslims on one of these levels but not on another. And people will have different reasons for feeling the way they do about each of these questions. So I think the original post is a bit too generalized and vague to give a clear answer to.
edit on 2/18/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
“Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began.”

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337

She doesn't cover her full face, and also being a Nun is an occupation of the church, it is her uniform, for lack of a better description.

and why do people shame Muslims for beveling that their is no other god but god?

Last time I checked, the Muslim god, Allah, is the same god that Jews and Christians believe in, just different translations of ancient texts.

when a person submits to Islam witch means giving will to god or slave of god ,why do most people not understand this ?

I think people just don't understand how anyone can believe that God wants women stoned, or treated like slaves, or people blown up for not following Islam.

The fact is, most Muslims are peaceful people, I work with a few, I will testify to this.

But when you see everything that goes on as reported in the MSM, one can't help but be disgusted and wonder how humans beings can treat each other like that.

Christianity is guilty of attrocities, yes, in the middle ages, but this is modern times when evils like stonings and beheadings, or blowing ones self up in the name of God should be behind us as a civilised society.
edit on 18/2/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AKtheory

terrorist are muslims

That is the most blatant gross generilization i have ever heard!!!

Just something to think about for you mate, there are also African, Mexican, Columbian, Russian, Chinese, hell even American terrorist. So this very uninformed opinion of yours, is grossly misplaced.

Why do you say this? You cannot judge a whole culture, or religion by the actions of a few maladjusted individuals. The actions of a few individuals, cannot be used to judge millions and millions of people.

VVv
edit on 18-2-2011 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
There is definately an agenda by the Illuminati to discredit and persecute the muslim faith, no question. If they brand them as terrorists then it is easier for them to overthrow religion when the time comes and put in their own one world religion.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

ya.

right on!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by timeoftheend

maybe the religion the illuminati want to opose to the world is islam?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

I've seen "evidence" that the illuminati supports every religion and atheism, at the same time it opposes every religion and atheism.

My advice? Look for mundane answers before settling on fantastical ones.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I don't think people oppose their religion at all. No one would of cared. Then some idiots within their religion, did some bad stuff in the name of their religion. Then people think all of the muslims are like this. There treatment of women is also horrendous and doesn't help the world veiw.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
On Christian veils:

"2 Now I praise you, brethren, that you remember me in all things and keep the traditions just as I delivered them to you.
3 But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonors his head.
5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved.
6 For if a woman is not covered, let her also be shorn. But if it is shameful for a woman to be shorn or shaved, let her be covered.

7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man.
8 For man is not from woman, but woman from man.
9 Nor was man created for the woman, but woman for the man.
10 For this reason the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels.
11 Nevertheless, neither is man independent of woman, nor woman independent of man, in the Lord.
12 For as woman came from man, even so man also comes through woman; but all things are from God.
13 Judge among yourselves. Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered?
14 Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him?
15 But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; for her hair is given to her for a covering.
16 But if anyone seems to be contentious, we have no such custom, nor do the churches of God".

www.cogwriter.com...

So... It's not entirely a custom of Islam, is it?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
thank you all for the wonderful feed back , this has really helped answer some of my questions , its good to get an outside view of what other people think , like i stated before i have subjected my self to other religions and its now come to my understanding that we are all in the same tree ,growing with the tree to reach the the peak of growth ,however we all all just on different branches , it would be nice if everyone one no mater what religion could see this , and could see the value of human life , we are here we are now we are all connected , it should not be about how you find your maker ,it should be about if you have found him ? i love you all and thank you so very much for your time and thoughts

Love

Brother Nephi aslama aleykum

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join