It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "War On Drugs" is 40 years old and an abject failure.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

They should of realized that from the beginning, what did they expect to accomplish stop everyone from using drugs? People are going to do what they want bottom line.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well, i seen julio. get life in prison for the countless people he ruined selling meth to. +1 for the drug war.

Are you trying to say it's pointless to try and stop the law breakers of society? Are you after a lawlesss society,the works on thug hiearchy?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by alaskan

People are going to do what they want bottom line.

^^This. Period.
They're not gonna ban cars because people die in accidents.
Some things have to be accepted as tragedies.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by miracleretiree
Well, i seen julio. get life in prison for the countless people he ruined selling meth to. +1 for the drug war.

Are you trying to say it's pointless to try and stop the law breakers of society? Are you after a lawlesss society,the works on thug hiearchy?

It's pointless to pass "laws" of prohibition, I do believe is the point. Just because a "law" is passed does not make it ethical, reasonable, or helpful.

In the case of the drug "laws," they are not any of the three.

EDIT to add: One gets a "lawless" society when "laws" are passed that fail to be ethical, reasonable or helpful. Respect for all "law" is thereby degraded as people see "laws" that they can see fail to fall into an ethical, reasonable, helpful category. In fact, we're seeing more and more who have no respect for "laws" at all. Because such poor choices were made in accepting prohibition.
edit on 2/18/2011 by Amaterasu because: Addition

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

For the most part, many on this thread appear to agree the, ‘Drug War,’ is terribly wrong on many levels.

So what’s next? What do we as thoughtful & concerned citizens do ??? How do we do our part to end this miserable failed policy that has become a cancer in our very communities? Do we keep talking about it over & over? Or is there a next step ???

Here’s one idea ... invite former narcotics officers to come and speak right in your local community. Contact LEAP (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition). All one need do is go to their website, then click on, “Speakers,” then click on, “Schedule Speaker.” Fill out the very short form, and someone will take it from there. Here is a direct link to the form: www.leap.cc...

The above video is a presentation given by Former Narcotics Detective Russ Jones. Russ Jones speaks for both LEAP, as well as DPFT (Drug Policy Forum of Texas).

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourMomLied
reply to post by alaskan

So what’s next? What do we as thoughtful & concerned citizens do ??? How do we do our part to end this miserable failed policy that has become a cancer in our very communities? Do we keep talking about it over & over? Or is there a next step ???

I keep proposing that we eliminate money - the need to trade, shells, barter, coin, bills, plastic, electronic funds...

Please see my posts here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And the Ethical Planetarian Party link in my sig.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Heh It WAS legal... They changed the laws. Read the rulebook.

If it's in demand tax it or take it away. For the betterment of humanity long term.

It's in our best interest ..you did'nt know?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Just came across this...

2010 Marijuana Arrests Top 1978-96 Total

February 11, 2011

More people were arrested last year in New York City on charges of marijuana possession than during the entire 19-year period from 1978 to 1996, according to an analysis released this morning by the Drug Policy Alliance.

Last year, the sixth year in a row that marijuana possession arrests increased, 50,383 people were arrested, according to a report recently released by the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services and obtained by the policy alliance, which advocates for reform of drug laws.

The figure adds up to 140 arrests a day, making marijuana possession the leading reason for arrest in the city, and represents an 8 percent increase over 2009 and a 69 percent increase since 2005, the alliance reported in a statement issued Thursday.

From 1978 to 1996, there were 49,326 marijuana possession arrests...

...The increased enforcement, the policy alliance says, is due not to increasing consumption, but to harsher enforcement.

“Over the last 20 years, N.Y.P.D. has quietly made arrests for marijuana their top enforcement priority, without public acknowledgment or debate,” the group said.

There have been about 350,000 arrests for marijuana possession since Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg took office in 2002, the policy alliance said.

Seventy percent of those arrested are younger than 30...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think you are referring to the war on personal freedom disguised as the war on drugs

Worse things are put into our body's every day. Aspartame, Fluoride, etc I hardly think they care about us or the drugs, its the money and power

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar
Why does no one target their anger at the people that are pulling the strings behind the government that makes this illegal? I mean we could replace the entire staff of the government and it could still be corrupt if we have the same banksters influencing them.

Money= power
power=corruption
corruption=tyrannical laws
Prohibition of clearly positive substances=tyranny

This is so true. People eventually
will catch on to this formula and break the chain.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join