It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An archaelogist presents a study which points to evolution being a flawed theory..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gaussq
Science is a manmade product from one single dimension, it is extremely shallow and in some cases "politicians" even brand wild hypotheses like evolutionism science.

Science is the only tool we have for objectively testing our universe. Also, you obviously don't understand the first thing about the Theory of Evolution or the process of evolution if you're calling it a "wild hypothesis" and "evolutionism."

You're arguing against something you don't understand.

I just add a minor part about Charles Darwin: His grandfather was a devoted jesuit.... If someone happens to know about stuff like the black pope and the jesuit´s dark history he will know exactly how "evolution" came about.

Alfred Russel Wallace developed the same ideas as Darwin during the same period of time. Your proposed reason for the development of Evolutionary Theory doesn't add up.

In fact his grandfather the jesuit wrote down that theory called evolution:

There were concepts of evolution even during classic Greece, but until Darwin, no one had really proposed a mechanism for it.

Egyptian saucer artefacts

Huh?

Evolution is and always was politics to keep science going without any relationship to other dimensions or religion.

Why would it have a relationship with religion? Science isn't based on religion, it's based on empirical evidence.

Just my two cents, no truth offered.

Which explains everything you say.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Science is the only tool we have for objectively testing our universe. Also, you obviously don't understand the first thing about the Theory of Evolution or the process of evolution if you're calling it a "wild hypothesis" and "evolutionism."

Well, your science is one-dimensional, the secret government science has been multidimensional for about 100 years since our governments started making deals with the aliens.. How do you think a UFO can disappear in no time? It shrinks to a dot and enters another dimension... You just don´t know about it, it doesn´t mean it doesn´t exist. Millions of people see UFOs every year and you discard it as fantasies, who is ignorant here?

I give you a friendly advice, go and investigate other dimensions by yourself, try to cultivate in Falun Dafa and see what happens to your mind and body. Only then will you be able to see any truth.

In fact, many people have blind faith in science and governments but are the people in control pure-hearted? Don´t we have top secrets in our government? We do.

What everyday people is allowed to know about is just an extremely primitive version of higher science. Everything else is classified. The people at the top just laughs at the evolution theory because they know truth too, it is just that they tamperred with truth to get power over people.

That is acting aginst one´s conscience, harming oneself, producing karma.

Alfred Russel Wallace developed the same ideas as Darwin during the same period of time. Your proposed reason for the development of Evolutionary Theory doesn't add up.

By the time Wallace was born the old Darwin Jesuit Sr with his evolution theory was already dead long ago.

There were concepts of evolution even during classic Greece, but until Darwin, no one had really proposed a mechanism for it.

Remember, evolution is a jesuit idea to make people loose faith in religion, I believe Darwin Jr was just a puppet of the jesuits.

Jesuits control the catholic church(the black pope, the superior general and the provincial generals), they are into black magic and want worldly power more than anything and they benefit from a global organization since thousands of years. Jesuits wanted absolute power and needed to make people weak and disoriented by evolutionism(the political idea of making people believe in apes as their origin, forgetting everything about Gods) and marxism etc.

In my opinion, that is approx. what happened and many people still believe evolution is "science".

Egyptian saucer artefacts

I just give you an example among countless others(rest assured that this professor is courageous):

During a conference on ancient Egyptian architecture held November 29, 2010, Dr. Ala Shaheen, head of the Archeology Department at Cairo University made the statement that "there might be truth to the theory that aliens helped the ancient Egyptians build the oldest of pyramids, the Pyramids of Giza". It is unlikely Dr. Shaheen was expecting the shock this statement stirred among his audience. As the questions about his comment poured forth, he became more vague in his replies and finally left with only the reply, "I can not confirm or deny this, but there is something inside the pyramid that is "not of this world".

Why would it have a relationship with religion? Science isn't based on religion, it's based on empirical evidence.

You call evolution a scientific theory, I call it a political theory. You always assume science is controlled by pure-hearted individuals, you never consider the option that key information is withheld from you and most other everyday people and then classified top secret for purposes of power....

Remember the jesuits have the most global organization in place and control western science from the top down with their chosen professors in place everywhere.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Science is a manmade product from one single dimension,

You do realize that without science you wouldn't even be aware of the concept of dimensions?
edit on 19-2-2011 by Dendro because: (no reason given)

I have no idea why my actual post ended up in the quote section.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Dendro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Monkey spanner ascention to the sky of the walrus that perceives itself to be stuck in marmalade at the center of an ever-spiralling conspiracy as to the true nature of why toast is not brown instead of yellow.

Yellow matter custard? Dripping from a dead dog's eye?

Third line.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

I see a lot of writing, and I see a lot of conjecture, yet I still don't see any supporting evidence...

I can hear you. Who just said the best part of this world is that we live in an illusion and everyone must enlighten by himself?

Well, I'd like you to provide evidence that the world is an illusion.

Spend a few hours reading the book Zhuan Falun linked in my signature below, do some exercises to transform your body and maybe open your third eye....

Or how about you just provide some backing for your claims rather than expect me to jump into them as if they have any outright merit?

Or don´t do it and ignore everything outside your school book.

School book? Singular? I don't know what school you went to, but we used more than one book. Hell, I've gone beyond school books, I go to scientific literature. I read the actual experiments.

It is all up to people themselves, it is a fair system.

No, science is a fair system. It's a system by which any claim stands purely on the merits of the evidence which supports it.

I'd like to see some evidence in favor of your claims.

Science is a manmade product from one single dimension,

1 dimension? I'm sorry, but I live in a minimum of 4. Up/down, left/right, in/out, time.

Or do you still not get what the word 'dimension' means?

it is extremely shallow

Yes, dealing with the intricacies of the universe is so 'shallow'.

and in some cases "politicians" even brand wild hypotheses like evolutionism science.

You just lost the argument. Right there. I mean, you were doing a better job when you were spewing incomprehensible nonsense.

Wild hypotheses normally don't have applicable scientific value. That link? That's from 'pubmed', a public service which provides access to medical research papers.

Evolution is far from a wild hypothesis, as it has 152 years of supporting evidence behind it. It is a valid scientific fact which is described via the theory of evolution.

Next, "evolutionism"? That is not a word. That's a term that people ignorant of science throw around. I made a thread nearly three years ago that deals with the insanity of using such terminology.

I just add a minor part about Charles Darwin: His grandfather was a devoted jesuit.... If someone happens to know about stuff like the black pope and the jesuit´s dark history he will know exactly how "evolution" came about.

In fact his grandfather the jesuit wrote down that theory called evolution:

Um...Erasmus Darwin wasn't a Jesuit. In fact, Jesuits don't tend to have grandkids, as they maintain an oath of celibacy.

Organic life beneath the shoreless waves
Was born and nurs'd in ocean's pearly caves;
First forms minute, unseen by spheric glass,
Move on the mud, or pierce the watery mass;
These, as successive generations bloom,
New powers acquire and larger limbs assume;
Whence countless groups of vegetation spring,
And breathing realms of fin and feet and wing.

Erasmus Darwin S.J.
(1731-1802). . The Temple of Nature. 1802.

This is a poem, not a scientific work. You can tell by the way it's formatted. Charles, on the other hand, presented an actual scientific case.

Any person who have seen submerged cities,

People who are on hallucinogens?

human footprints in cliffs,

People who are on hallucinogens?

INCA skulls,

Head wrapping and primitive brain surgery don't prove much.

Egyptian saucer artefacts,

Which don't exist?

Indian VEDA UFO tech drawings etc etc

Again, don't exist.

will know that evolution is a theory with no base in reality.

You do realize that all of those things that you mentioned, even if they were true, would do nothing to disprove evolution. Those things would be an entirely separate field of study.

No matter what you say about "scientific proof", which reason is there for no investigations into prehistoric civilizations?

Um...we study prehistoric civilization all the time. It's called archeology and has nothing to do with evolution. I happen to live in a nation which put its prehistory on its Euro coins.

There is no will to do it since evolution will fall and many people would wake up to higher truth.

...how would a study of prehistoric human civilization debunk evolution? Oh, wait, it wouldn't. You don't understand what evolution is, please stop talking about it until you read up on some basics of biology and do a lot of reading about why this 'mystery archeology' stuff you're spouting off about is actually a load of bovine fecal matter.

Evolution is and always was politics to keep science going without any relationship to other dimensions or religion.

Evolution is and always was a scientific study into the diversity of life and nothing more. Again, read a book on what it actually is.

And please, demonstrate the existence of these claimed worlds that somehow house sub-femtometre sized beings that are somehow able to manipulate reality on a whim.

You're right, nothing in your post was truthful. It's ignorant and nonsensical.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by Gaussq

Ok, you can spew all the unscientific new age product of a bovine rectum from your mouth that you want, but it's still unsupported product of cattle digestion.

Please, provide some sort of evidence of that or I'll just have to respond with an equally incomprehensible string of unrelated words like:

Planet chess works maus ultimate art ring potato.

Your entire post makes no sense and has no scientific backing at all.

That's because you're miguidedly looking for facts, evidence and logic.

This thread is not about these products of the lowly ape mind. It's about the beautiful openness of bioengineered alien awareness. And that openness apparently leads to the ability to swallow the illogically ambiguous metaphysical tripe Gaussq is insistently feeding you.

This thread is not about science; it's about a new religion, Falun Dafa, AKA Falun Gong, founded in 1992.
As SystemResistor kindly explained just a few posts back, to get religion, "you have to believe in things without really having a concern as to whether they are true or not."
First you need to forget how to think for yourself. The lobotomising process you would need in order to succeed at this was explained in The Simpsons. For that you need a crayon in the brain. Although, come to think of it, even that was not enough to make poor Homer swallow religion. I guess you'd need a whole boxful of crayons. Unmedicated schizophrenia might also help.

To aid in your enlightenment, here is some information on this modernised mish-mash of various beliefs, bigotries and pop-science.

Falun Gong’s conservative moral teachings have also attracted some controversy in progressive circles in the West. For instance, in 2001 a nomination of Li Hongzhi for the Nobel Peace Prize by San Francisco legislators was withdrawn in light of Falun Gong’s teachings on homosexuality as immoral. The Falun Dafa Information Center states that Falun Gong welcomes gays, lesbians, and bisexuals to the practice, that they are not accorded special treatment, and that while Falun Gong teaches that certain practices "generate more karma", this does not equate to a position statement, social stance, or regulation.

David Ownby writes that interpreting Li Hongzhi's teachings presents numerous challenges because many of the things he says appear "somewhat puzzling." Startling assertions found in Li's writings, according to Ownby, include that there is a "small fluorescent screen like a television" positioned in the forehead that permits the initiated to possess the power of total recall; that animals can possess human beings in order to exploit humans' greater spiritual and supernormal capacities; and that the spiritual salvation of children of interracial marriages is problematic because, in the afterlife, the paradises are divided by race.

Regarding the founder's teachings:

In one lecture, Li says: "The truth is, many understandings science has about this immediate physical world are wrong, and even their starting point is wrong. Even the theory of gravity is wrong." Li Hongzhi describes gravity as a phenomenon happening because "all matter, including air and water, that are on Earth and within the Three Realms—all things that exist in the Three Realms—are composed of particles of all the different levels in the Three Realms, and different particles of different levels are interconnected. This interconnection can, when there's a pulling force, extend or move within the Three Realms. In other words, when you pull it, it can extend like a rubber band, and when you release it, it will go back. That is, there's a basic, stable form of existence among particles. This is why any object in this Earth's environment will come back to the ground after you move it. Of course, I'm not talking about moving a piece of rock to some different location, in which case it wouldn't return to where it was. That's not the idea. The surface of Earth is the boundary of one level. Within this level things can move horizontally since they are all at the same level. But when something moves towards a level beyond its level, it will be pulled back"

"He invokes apparent anomalies in the archaeological or geological record to call into question the authority of the scientific consensus."

You an see this is just what the world needs - a new religion to increase bigotry against homosexuality and mixed marriage, a new source for the god of the gaps argument, and a new theory of gravity.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I just give you an example among countless others(rest assured that this professor is courageous):

During a conference on ancient Egyptian architecture held November 29, 2010, Dr. Ala Shaheen, head of the Archeology Department at Cairo University made the statement that "there might be truth to the theory that aliens helped the ancient Egyptians build the oldest of pyramids, the Pyramids of Giza". It is unlikely Dr. Shaheen was expecting the shock this statement stirred among his audience. As the questions about his comment poured forth, he became more vague in his replies and finally left with only the reply, "I can not confirm or deny this, but there is something inside the pyramid that is "not of this world".

You're victim to a hoax.
Dr Shaheen never made the above statement.

You might notice there is not a single reliable source for the above words, here being mischaracterised as a quote.

What leading Egyptologist Dr Alaaeldin Shaheen did NOT say
And what of Dr Shaheen? What has he to say about the matter, especially since this alleged news report, which could well tarnish his good reputation in the eyes of his contemporaries?

I received the follow email from Dr Shaheen on December 1, 2010:

"Kindly be informed that I did not gave such stupid statement[s] about aliens and Pyramids. As [I am] Egyptologist I could [not] say such stupid words and ideas."

So there you have it. New age fundie spin, again.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by Gaussq

Ok, you can spew all the unscientific new age product of a bovine rectum from your mouth that you want, but it's still unsupported product of cattle digestion.

Please, provide some sort of evidence of that or I'll just have to respond with an equally incomprehensible string of unrelated words like:

Planet chess works maus ultimate art ring potato.

Your entire post makes no sense and has no scientific backing at all.

That's because you're miguidedly looking for facts, evidence and logic.

This thread is not about these products of the lowly ape mind. It's about the beautiful openness of bioengineered alien awareness. And that openness apparently leads to the ability to swallow the illogically ambiguous metaphysical tripe Gaussq is insistently feeding you.

This thread is not about science; it's about a new religion, Falun Dafa, AKA Falun Gong, founded in 1992.
As SystemResistor kindly explained just a few posts back, to get religion, "you have to believe in things without really having a concern as to whether they are true or not."
First you need to forget how to think for yourself. The lobotomising process you would need in order to succeed at this was explained in The Simpsons. For that you need a crayon in the brain. Although, come to think of it, even that was not enough to make poor Homer swallow religion. I guess you'd need a whole boxful of crayons. Unmedicated schizophrenia might also help.

To aid in your enlightenment, here is some information on this modernised mish-mash of various beliefs, bigotries and pop-science.

Falun Gong’s conservative moral teachings have also attracted some controversy in progressive circles in the West. For instance, in 2001 a nomination of Li Hongzhi for the Nobel Peace Prize by San Francisco legislators was withdrawn in light of Falun Gong’s teachings on homosexuality as immoral. The Falun Dafa Information Center states that Falun Gong welcomes gays, lesbians, and bisexuals to the practice, that they are not accorded special treatment, and that while Falun Gong teaches that certain practices "generate more karma", this does not equate to a position statement, social stance, or regulation.

David Ownby writes that interpreting Li Hongzhi's teachings presents numerous challenges because many of the things he says appear "somewhat puzzling." Startling assertions found in Li's writings, according to Ownby, include that there is a "small fluorescent screen like a television" positioned in the forehead that permits the initiated to possess the power of total recall; that animals can possess human beings in order to exploit humans' greater spiritual and supernormal capacities; and that the spiritual salvation of children of interracial marriages is problematic because, in the afterlife, the paradises are divided by race.

Regarding the founder's teachings:

In one lecture, Li says: "The truth is, many understandings science has about this immediate physical world are wrong, and even their starting point is wrong. Even the theory of gravity is wrong." Li Hongzhi describes gravity as a phenomenon happening because "all matter, including air and water, that are on Earth and within the Three Realms—all things that exist in the Three Realms—are composed of particles of all the different levels in the Three Realms, and different particles of different levels are interconnected. This interconnection can, when there's a pulling force, extend or move within the Three Realms. In other words, when you pull it, it can extend like a rubber band, and when you release it, it will go back. That is, there's a basic, stable form of existence among particles. This is why any object in this Earth's environment will come back to the ground after you move it. Of course, I'm not talking about moving a piece of rock to some different location, in which case it wouldn't return to where it was. That's not the idea. The surface of Earth is the boundary of one level. Within this level things can move horizontally since they are all at the same level. But when something moves towards a level beyond its level, it will be pulled back"

"He invokes apparent anomalies in the archaeological or geological record to call into question the authority of the scientific consensus."

You an see this is just what the world needs - a new religion to increase bigotry against homosexuality and mixed marriage, a new source for the god of the gaps argument, and a new theory of gravity.

I ca n tell you the CCP has spread out a vast array of false information about Falun Dafa. To be clear, mixed marriages are allowed and many practitioners are in a mixed marriage.

About homosexuals, they are allowed to try FD just like everyone else. What is said is that some acts create karma, ie homosexuality, drugs, stealing, killing, promiscuity etc etc. If you increase karma you can not cultivate since the suffering will be too big. So in order to raise your level you need to do as little bad stuff as possible. It makes sense too. In that respect FD does not differ from the orthodox religions.

Tolerance is very important in FD, hence we respect everyone no matter which sexual orientation they have.

As for what FD is, nobody can understand it without reading the book Zhuan Falun(in my signature below).

Since 100 million people started practicing FD in 7 years it might be a good thing... According to my knowledge of statistics, if 100 million people are prepared to suffer that much for a spiritual practice during these days of "comfort seeking" it must be truly unique.

And no, there never will ne any proof of its magnificence until the end of this cosmic cycle is here. People on earth must enlighten by themselves, that is the deal living in an illusion. Ignorant people dismiss everything based on rumours, they don´t have the willpower(the comfort seeking modern people) to try it out and check truth by themselves.

Falun Dafa is free of charge, it has 100 million testifiers and is based on Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.

edit on 21-2-2011 by Gaussq because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

You talk constantly about "proof" of my statements(one dimension is one "time-space dimension" to me, not 1D, 2D etc like you define).

I largely quote myself from this thread:

The best part of this illusion called earth is that there is no proof of higher time-space dimensions so people need enlightenment quality while in illusion.

If there were "proof" of higher dimensions, Gods etc, would not all people practice cultivation? Would not the most evil people come to practice cultivation? How can the cosmic cycle of metabolism allow that so there is no separation of people? There must be good and bad people and each person will choose his own path according to his enlightenment quality.

That means the universe has arranged a system whereby the metabolic process of keeping good people and eliminating bad people is working perfectly fine in the lowest time-space dimension, this earth.

Everyone will get exactly what he deserves, the system is fool-proof and perfect.

All people who have no heart for becoming good people will stay in complete illusion(they believe in nothing but the visible world), they probably will create lots of karma by doing alot of bad deeds and finally be wiped out when their virtue is finished up. The universe is like the human being metabolizing his food. He picks the good parts and wastes the rest. No wonder the Daoists call the human body a universe...

So everything happening here is a reflection of the events happening in higher time-space dimensions. A prophet is just a person being able to enter another time-space dimension and see our future from there.

However, if you today tell people that they need to prove higher dimensions to themselves by cultivating an orthodox cultivation practice(ie Falun Dafa) a typical person will become very quiet(and sometimes worried). He actually does not even have the heart to try out a spiritual practice to find out truth by himself. Instead he reads some science reports produced by everyday people and think that is good enough!

Is there any argument against not inputting a few hours on a powerful spiritual practice to see if one can open one´s third eye or not? Feel that one´s body can be transformed from other dimensions? See truth about life in other dimensions?

Or is the everyday life too important so one forgets that one will soon die anyway? And by that time it is all over and you who thought you were "right" defending science will have eternal regrets. Is your pride really ruling you to the extent that you have no energy to find out anything by yourself?

If a person can not even input a few hours to check truth for himself and instead wastes a lifetime believing in Charles Darwin´s manmade evolution theory etc and/or the modern onedimensional(a single time-space dimension) everyday people science, who can be blamed but the person himself? You are idolizing an everyday person who made somehting up based on his grandfather´s jesuit ideas. And yes, jesuits are allowed to work in everyday society, that is the main idea of jesuitism, to infiltrate the whole society and put their people in power positions(ie the EU president is a jesuit).

Is it not more reasonable to say that Darwin was a scientist and his theory matched perfectly the Jesuit´s agenda of atheism to control people better? About yourself, don´t you need to seek truth by yourself? I tell you my opinion, you are responsible for your own truth. Darwin or any other scientist won´t help you when your lifetime is up. And no, I can´t prove it..

I knew alot of clever atheists being a physicist, and everyone of those people who tried to understand higher truth without any notions dropped all ideas about atheism and evolution after checking it by themselves...

They immediately realized they had been fooled by modern society and all its shallow notions. That is why you see all those top level scientists practicing Falun Dafa today, ie at Stanford, Cal Tech, Berkeley etc etc. Extremely bright people who now know higher truth.

The answer to higher truth lies within people and not outside people. Mind and body cultivation.

They believe in evolution etc simply because they can not see truth from a higher space-time dimension where the time concept is completely different. Who is superstitious? Is it not the atheist who believes in Darwin and human science produced by everyday people without any higher truth to offer?

The real idea about religion was to provide people with a higher form, a multidimensional form of science whereby enlightened beings who can enter other time-spaces offer deep insights about the truth of our universe. Of course religions got messed up by the clergy over the millenia so today most people(not Buddhist monks) understand nothing of religions and see them as primitive fantasies from low-level people.

Religions let people differentiate between good and bad, let them know that good deeds produce virtue and bad deeds produce karma, and let them know the consequences after death.

Btw, you never answerred my statements that "your science" is the lowest form of science since it is the public primitive one-dimensional science.

The interesting parts(enterring into other time-spaces) of modern science are all classified and was imported to this planet from aliens that our gvmts have deals with.

My two cents, no truth offered whatsoever from my current level in the three realms..

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

There is a forum on ATS for religion.

As you have shown your reason for your posts in this thread are to promote a religion, why didn't you post your arguments for Falun Gong there?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Because of all the fact-less religion based theories being thrown around I didn't read the whole thread, so if someone already said this ignore my post:

Evolution does not indicate we evolved from apes, or monkeys. Learn your stuff before saying it's bunk. Evolution indicates that apes, monkeys, and humans all evolved from a common ancestor. Get it right! But arguing against evolution, when you don't know what it is, makes you look uninformed (I'm sure there are other words that describe that too.. but... there ya go)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Science is also based on theories which is what evolution is, just a theory. Darwin rejected his own theory on his death bed to his christian wife. Not a very convincing endorsment!
edit on 21-2-2011 by lestweforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
Science is also based on theories which is what evolution is, just a theory. Darwin rejected his own theory on his death bed to his christian wife.

No, science is based on observations of the world around us that allow us to test and predict what will happen. I'm an anthropology student and I'm in the middle of biological anthropology classes at the moment. After reading a 700 page book on the subject by Richard Dawkins, I can fairly conclusively say that evolution is more than a theory. It's basically a law of nature. Can you even perceive how long it takes for a trait to develop evolutionarily, and how many different environments our species encountered and adapted to in order to get where it is today? We've only been recognizable humans for around a hundred thousand years. We VERY SLOWLY evolved with the usage of tools to better our survival, needing less aggressive abilities to continue to eat and reproduce. That's why we have no claws and a bigger brain. It became selectively bred over literally millions of years that those with the greater ingenuity would survive.

My teacher was telling me that it takes approximately 3000 generations for a single evolutionary trait to change, though that is a highly fluid approximation, because there are times when evolution occurs quickly (in the case of population separations and widespread mutation) and there are times when it occurs more slowly (in the case of gradual adaptation and selection). There is said to have been a mental revolution around 50 thousand years ago in which we started to tame farmland, and that seems to be when we began to inevitably become what we are today. Our populations grew larger, we had more time to develop, social structures became a huge part of life, and badda boom, humans are advanced in the blink of an eye historically.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Science is also based on theories which is what evolution is, just a theory.

Sigh... for the umpteenth time, from the US National Academy of Sciences:

The formal scientific definition of theory is quite different from the everyday meaning of the word. It refers to a comprehensive explanation of some aspect of nature that is supported by a vast body of evidence. Many scientific theories are so well established that no new evidence is likely to alter them substantially. For example, no new evidence will demonstrate that the Earth does not orbit around the sun (heliocentric theory), or that living things are not made of cells (cell theory), that matter is not composed of atoms, or that the surface of the Earth is not divided into solid plates that have moved over geological timescales (the theory of plate tectonics). One of the most useful properties of scientific theories is that they can be used to make predictions about natural events or phenomena that have not yet been observed.

And from the American Association for the Advancement of Sciences:

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world. The theory of biological evolution is more than "just a theory." It is as factual an explanation of the universe as the atomic theory of matter or the germ theory of disease. Our understanding of gravity is still a work in progress. But the phenomenon of gravity, like evolution, is an accepted fact.

Hope that clears up any misunderstanding about what is meant by scientific theories in general and, more specifically, the theory of evolution.

Darwin rejected his own theory on his death bed to his christian wife. Not a very convincing endorsment!

Absolute fabrication. Maybe you should do a little fact-checking next time. From "The Survival of Charles Darwin: a Biography of a Man and an Idea" by Clark:

`Shortly after his death, Lady Hope addressed a gathering of young men and women at the educational establishment founded by the evangelist Dwight Lyman Moody at Northfield, Massachusetts. She had, she maintained, visited Darwin on his deathbed. He had been reading the Epistle to the Hebrews, had asked for the local Sunday school to sing in a summerhouse on the grounds, and had confessed: "How I wish I had not expressed my theory of evolution as I have done." He went on, she said, to say that he would like her to gather a congregation since he "would like to speak to them of Christ Jesus and His salvation, being in a state where he was eagerly savouring the heavenly anticipation of bliss."

`With Moody's encouragement, Lady Hope's story was printed in the Boston _Watchman Examiner_. The story spread, and the claims were republished as late as October 1955 in the _Reformation Review_ and in the _Monthly Record of the Free Church of Scotland_ in February 1957. These attempts to fudge Darwin's story had already been exposed for what they were, first by his daughter Henrietta after they had been revived in 1922. "I was present at his deathbed," she wrote in the _Christian_ for February 23, 1922. "Lady Hope was not present during his last illness, or any illness. I believe he never even saw her, but in any case she had no influence over him in any department of thought or belief. He never recanted any of his scientific views, either then or earlier. We think the story of his conversion was fabricated in the U.S.A. . . . The whole story has no foundation whatever."'

Even if Darwin did refute (or refudiate, as certain Alaskans would have it) his own theory, it doesn't matter. One of the great things about science is that it doesn't require the endorsement of any person - it only needs to be "endorsed" by one thing: the facts. It doesn't care who chooses to believe it or how many times they change their minds. It only cares about being supported by evidence. Evolution is a theory that carries as much weight of evidence as the theory of gravity, atomic theory, germ theory, the kinetic theory of gases, circuit theory, the theory of plate tectonics, and every other theory you don't seem to have a problem with. Wrap your head around that - it has the same empirical backing that all of the other scientific theories have.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

Ever heard the term "educated idiot" thats where an intelligent person with no ability to discern for themselves goes and blindly believes in what is purported to them simply because it is accepted by their peirs.
Ever wonder why such a small percentage of medical experts cant accept evolution? To think we just evolved by natural selection, by some sort of chance is just rediculous! Look at the diverse phisical abilities of the human body, no other creature on earth comes close, combine that with our mental capabilities that we are still learning of constantly, we are too perfect to have just evolved, if you disagree with this you my friend are an ingrate

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

reply to post by iterationzero

Ever heard the term "educated idiot" thats where an intelligent person with no ability to discern for themselves goes and blindly believes in what is purported to them simply because it is accepted by their peirs.
Ever wonder why such a small percentage of medical experts cant accept evolution? To think we just evolved by natural selection, by some sort of chance is just rediculous! Look at the diverse phisical abilities of the human body, no other creature on earth comes close, combine that with our mental capabilities that we are still learning of constantly, we are too perfect to have just evolved, if you disagree with this you my friend are an ingrate

I find it highly ironic that you are calling iterationzero an "educated idiot" when your reply is riddled with spelling errors like "rediculous" which implies phonetic spelling instead of accidental mistyping. This also reveals to me that you probably think the word theory has but one definition which is incorrect. Yes, one definition of theory is "A tentative insight into the natural world; a concept that is not yet verified but that if true would explain certain facts or phenomena" but that is its secondary definition. The most accepted definition for the word theory is inactuality "A well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world; an organized system of accepted knowledge that applies in a variety of circumstances to explain a specific set of phenomena".

Gravity is a theory and I don't think anyone here would argue against the truth of it. Much, if not all, of mathematics is based in the realm of "theory" but is very much applicable to all aspects of every day life.

Even if Darwin recanted his theory it doesn't actually disprove it whatsoever. When he wrote On the Origin of the Species he only mentions humans once, and very briefly, at the end out of respect to his wife who was extremely religious.

Galileo recanted his theories about Earth not being the centre of the solar system or universe which is as true today as it was the day he proposed it.
edit on 21-2-2011 by Dendro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

I may not hold any university degrees and i may misspell also but with an above average IQ and the gift of discernment i perceive things quite well, i did not call anyone an educated idiot just making a point that they exist and can be quite common in parts of the world.
Correct me if im wrong which i readily admit i can be, i would believe that gravity is not a theory it is a fact, only attempts to explain its causes are theories.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Sorry, that is wrong again. Theory of Gravity is the encompassing term for everything relating to the subject. Individual topics or concepts within that branch (or any branch of science for that matter) are called laws.

Laws are what people try to disprove, like the law of natural selection or survival of the fittest.

Edited to add: The Scientific Method is the FIRST unit taught in EVERY science class in high school. One doesn't need a college or university degree to have the basic knowledge of what a theory and law is.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Even with my limited scientific knoweledge i understand basic science principles, ever question what your taught?
Do you only know what you learnt in school? Let me put it this way, what percentage of information you deem important comes from the governments carriculum?
Whats wrong with this; gravity exists, therefore gravity is a fact. The theory is only necessary when trying to explain how.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Once again, I have to disagree with your "basic" understanding of scientific knowledge. Gravity is actually the Universal Gravitational Theory. Theory, theory, theory, theory. You are mistaking it for an HYPOTHESIS based on a THESIS. The former is proven the latter has not.

Of course I question curriculums, it's idiotic not to, but only where it's needed. History class is inaccurate because it's usually only told from the perspective of the conquerors and oppressors. To question the Scientific Method as being some controversial part of the standard curriculum is simply ridiculous.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join