It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlighten Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Lately, with work, I dont get the full scoop on the news untill I get home some weeks later. I have been interested in the issues that's taking place in Egypt, but I have not been able to dig very deep and find out just what is going on. I was wondering if the good people of ATS could fill me in on what I might be missing here. Of course, all points of views are welcome. I rather sort through users responces here on ATS than the millions of news clips around the net and on the news. Somehow i'm not quite getting the info I need to understand what's really going on.

What caused the people to stand up against their government?

Where did the government stand on the US, Israel, Iran and the issues happening in the middle east?

Where do the people stand on the US, Israel, Iran and the issues happening in the middle east?

Who stands to gain in Egypt now?

Thanks in advance!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

What caused the people to stand up against their government?

30 years under a dictator. Debasing of their currency and wealth. Poor wages. Can't buy food.

Where did the government stand on the US, Israel, Iran and the issues happening in the middle east?

Egypt receives the the most amount of money from the US, second to Israel. So, the dictator in charge didn't mind. In fact, we gave him a total of about 60 Billion over the years and when he left, he took it - in the form of gold and hidden accounts.

Where do the people stand on the US, Israel, Iran and the issues happening in the middle east?

They see it for what it is. I wouldn't visit there at the moment and wave a US flag around.

Who stands to gain in Egypt now?

Elites ... who else. This will be an interesting story, as the people have rejected everyone that the US tried to indirectly put in there, so the military is currently the authority. However, the people don't like that either and want immediate elections.

That's a good start. Webster Tarpley has a pretty good read on it.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
It definatly seems that the US might have to pay these counties such large amounts to keep them from going all out war at some point. No matter wether the dictator gets the money, or the people. The problem lies with keeping a cease fire or very loose alliance, going from semi peace to war.

I still dont see where the people stand in all of this. What are there intentions?

I can see also why the people would feel this way about the US as we would be funding a dictator, but they as a nation should have seen where the money was going and rose up before. I couldnt place the US in full blame, as we do have diffrent administration, if that really makes a diffrence of course

edit on 17-2-2011 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

join