It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moontime.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
So there is Day time and Night time...

But there is also a Moontime.

Okay so check this out. Daytime is of course the sun reigning supreme.

Night time for me is when its a moonless night and the stars are all out.

Now...

Moontime. Only comes around once a month. For a period of about 4 days, the moon is shining bright.

On these nights, it is almosts like a whole different phase, just like how daytime and night time affect animals.

Moontime affects things on earth for sure. The moonlight beaming down on us definitely has an effect.

I believe tonight is the night before the full moon. Tonight counts as a Moontime.

Moontime isn't dark. On the contrary, there is light spilling over the entire Earth. Moontime makes me active and I always go out during this period.

Sorry if this thread is somewhat hemajang, I just wanted to share my excitement about Moontime.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Thankyou for sharing that.
If you have further insights on the matter I would love to hear.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
There's a well-understood principle amongst the police, fire and other emergency services that when the moon is full, the 'crazies' come out in a lot of people. Assaults, car crashes, murders, mental health breakdowns - more admissions to mental health facilities, more cases of arson, more cases of animal attacks and so on.

It's as though there's a type of spiritual magnetism that brings out the worst in people/ animals - Hell slides a little closer to earth during those few days of Moontime each month.

I'm not saying everyone is affected negatively - Solar; it seems you become energised in a positive way. I also experience a positive energetic sensation during Moontime - many who are uninitiated in any spiritual knowledge of any sort will be quite oblivious to the forces being attracted and manifested during this phase...

Incidentally my dogs tend to get skittish and 'silly' during Moontime. There are definite trends; have a google on it and you'll find plenty to back it up...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
As a lover ( of sorts - I say a welcome the moon every time I see it) of the moon especially when it's full I have never noticed the crazies come out to play, I think thats just hokum ( **see the 3rd paragraph), as for the accidents on the roads comments I think that because the light reflecting from the moon makes it quite bright people can forget that its night. you can actually see quite a distance if theres no cloud cover and the moon is full.

One time I was riding my mototrcycle home in the dark through some country lanes in the UK, no clouds and a full moon , these lanes were not frequented by a large amount of cars, so at one point I risked it and turned my headlights off for about 5 seconds, not terribly long but I could still see where I was going and these were twisty roads.
It was bright enough that I even had to stop several times to look up at the stars and moon, one of the best nights of my life as that kind of night doesn't happen very often in the UK.

** In wicca and Pagan belief the full moon represents the full power of moon magic especially the full FULL moon and I know a lot of spells for the wellbeing of Man are cast at that particular time, the hidden moon ( when its in total shadow ) is used for venegeance spells as its dark .I think and it IS just my opinion that people deride the moons power as evil witchcraft , again HOKUM I say.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Often times, when I am in a dark place, usually when I stay up late, I often have some of the most fantastic revelations when the sun is rising. I do not notice that the sun is rising, but inevitably I realise where all my negative ideas were "brought to light" in a short period of minutes.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
To the poster that said all the "crazies" come out? Nah not like that.

For me, the moon gives off large amounts of energy when it is full. When all this energy flows through people, some people cannot handle it and that is why they act silly. On the other hand, people who can handle this energy can use it in a very productive way and have very fun nights.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
During the phase of a full moon i find it very difficult to sleep. Not sure exactly why this is, the moon affects the ocean tides, i'm made up of approx 60% of water, possibly this is why it affects me this way.

I noticed that the word "lunatic" comes from the latin "luna" meaning moon, in the past it was believed the moon made people mad. Therefore being crazy/mad you were called a "Lunatic"

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing up the topic of moontime. It truly is a distinct period, different from daytime or twilight.

As I have been in observance of celestial bodies, I have noted that during moontime I have sudden bursts of creative energy. New ideas, thoughts of improvement, reorganization of my cluttered mind, and a rejuvenated energy to do.

I wanted to research a bit about our ancestor's beliefs and myths about the moon before I replied.
So incredibly interesting that similar themes oriented around the moon transcends continents, cultures, and time. The similarities in ancient moon myths around the world points to so much in of its own.

Personally, moontime is my monthly rebirth.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

I take it you know lots of people who work in the emergency services and can tell you it's hokum? Because I assure you, it's not hokum, it's a very real phenomenon.

Where do you think the word 'lunatic' comes from?

Werewolf legends?

There's something about the moon.. It affects the tides; it affects women's menstrual cycles. It has a major impact on life on Earth in more ways than I can summarise easily. In fact, I read once that if the moon was not exactly where and how it was, then life on earth (as is) would be impossible...

I'm not saying that a full moon makes everyone crazy - but that those who have a pre-existing tendency or propensity for 'craziness' will be more manic during periods of Moontime.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

You missed the point. It's not about people who can't handle it being a bit 'silly' - it's about people who are already affected with negative energies becoming demonically active in a destructive way.

I don't disagree that the moon's energy can be very positive - what I'm saying is that it drives the crazy, crazier.

The moon's influence is akin to a great magnet attracting the realms of spirit - it draws the predominant spiritual mechanics of the internal person, out into the open... The spiritual 'warrior of light' becomes strengthened and works more constructively during Moonshine - on the flipside, the demons come out to play.

Start a thread on a topic like this, you should really try harder to understand the the topic. Both sides; positive and negative. It's not all 'moonshine, love and harmony'. Sheesh.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
We have accounts of the moon affecting people in ways relating to lunatic, and in positive ways.
Cutting through the debate, there is definitely an energy associated with Moontime.
What reasoning can we deduct from the moon affecting people in positive as well as negative ways? It must be related to a person's mental and/or spiritual condition at the time. So I would say the key is Relativity. The moon's influence is relative to each individual at the time of lunar maximum. At least, that's the conclusion I've reached thus far.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

You're probably aware, but I'll just throw this out for everyone.

The moon is about the power of the subconscious and psychic energies. So with the full moon these energies are more manifest.

We live in a society with almost total repression on our subconscious and these energies so this leads to the outbursts you describe.

This is why moons are so romantic, we are freer with out subconscious to express those emotions we repress consciously out of fear of rejection.

Of course anyone suppressing their natural psychic abilities are going to be tortured by them at this time as well as they are heightened.

new topics

top topics

join