It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA training camp Fayetteville NC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I came across the book "Secrets and Lies" by Gordon Thomas in a used book store. It is about MK Ultra. On page 72, it mentions a CIA training camp in Fayetteville, North Carolina, where one of the agents got his field training in the 1950's. It sounds like a precursor to what they do at Camp Perry today. Now of course what is interesting is even today Fayetteville has CIA presence, notably the Johnson County Airport where the CIA rendition planes were based.

Google turns up nothing on Fayetteville as a CIA training facility, past or present. Any locals to the town on the forum know where it was based? I'm guessing they just used a military base, but it would be interesting if the CIA has their own distinct base in town.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the book since on page 11 is mentions Nellis AFB having chemical and biological weapons.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Fort Bragg is there.

At Fort Bragg is Special Forces, Special Forces training, and Delta.

Depending on the training at the time, maybe he required some specific military training that required him to be at Fort Bragg, a military installation.

A big one, but military.

By the way. There are CIA folks here, there, and yonder. They do have to train like everyone else.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
A local CIA branch could be based out of something as simple as an office building. I know my local office was. My local office simply used nearby MacDill AFB for any training needs. They didn't have their own facility. And no, they wouldn't be in the phonebook.

Back when I first got in touch with a local recruiter, I had contacted a college professor at a nearby college (he was listed in the CIA Entrance Examination Guide book (which seemed to be printed only one year or so, but the contact was still good back then)...who then got me in touch with a local recruiter and office.

My stint was brief though, as the trainee program I was in was cancelled when Russia collapsed as a superpower. (which tells you how long ago it was).

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
well I am close to Fayetteville NC
and Ft. Bragg but have no knowledge
of a CIA facility in the area but that doesn't
mean there isn't one.

And would agree with posters here that CIA
does get military training so they are in and out
of military bases across the globe depending
on the training course they are getting.

new topics

top topics

join