It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape in the US military.... Those left behind strike back

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well this is a very personal issue with me...

I have heard a lot... I even heard more while in the chaplins office...

This issue is a real conspiracy that hurts not only human beings but the overall effectiveness of our own US military forces...

It is a breakdown of command and lays at the feet of the JCS, sec def, and the commanders and cheif...

EPIC Failure... of the US military...

www.cnn.com...#/video/bestoftv/2011/02/16/exp.piers.morgan.military.women.cnn?iref=allsearch

and

www.cnn.com...#/video/bestoftv/2011/02/16/piers.female.soldier.abuse.claims.cnn?iref=allsearch

and

channel 4- ok

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Rebekah Havrilla was a sergeant in the US Army back in 2007 serving in Eastern Afghanistan. She says she was constantly harassed by her team leader and then raped by a fellow sergeant.

"He pretty much said, 'You're not leaving until I get what I want.' Pushed me down on the bed and used his body weight to hold me down and proceeded to rape me," Havrilla said.

and

skynews

More than a dozen women and two men are seeking compensation after claiming they were raped, assaulted and harassed while serving in the US Armed Forces.

They accuse Mr Gates and Mr Rumsfeld for failing "to take reasonable steps to prevent plaintiffs from being repeatedly raped, sexually assaulted and sexually harassed by federal military personnel".

I just dont want to go on with this... It disgust me.... truly...

I served my country to the best of my ability.. As a male and a leader I have to tell you the system they are describing is a joke... complete joke...

The advocates report it back to the commands...most of the time pre-investigation

The Chaplins office does have people that call back the commands and report to them...

To the rape victims I did my best while I was in but from what I have found out since then it was not enough... I went behind commands back... paperwork ended up in jags hands... evidence went to local pd
... I did every thing I could see doing....

So you have my full support on this... Get em...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It goes on and on....

this issue I have seen buried personally by part of the great lakes NTC command...

I did the only thing I could do... got the victim help.... and the Doctor happened thank god to outrank those in command...

The petty officer I was friends with (was being the operative word...) had a lot of bad luck go his way... I never believed in buring crap...

So ladies and gentlemen you may not realize this but it is right up thier with a lot of other massively hidden issues.....

If you are active military and this happens IM me... I will spend the time to help you... or at the very least get you the information to deal with this....

Their are other cases of this type of things...

Murdered marine

According to her adoptive mother, Mrs. Mary Lauterbach, LCpl. Lauterbach was preparing to testify that she was raped by a fellow Marine. Mrs. Lauterbach told police that her daughter "claimed she had been raped by a senior Marine at her command, and that the investigation had gone sour."

Well the only promise to do something that would matter is this..

If I am ever in charge they will pay... I will never tolerate such unprofessional behavior out of what amounts to little more then animal behavior...

There is no excuse, none....

Honor, Courage, Commitment... Should still mean something

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Stuff like this mostly happens overseas and when both genders share MOS. However it also happens in the states as I have heard what goes on in the barracks sometimes when lots of drinking is involved. Our MOS was mostly male since we were combat arms but Supply and other female jobs are the ones that get harrassed the most. Hopefully in the future females learn to defend themselves better or even better go places with trusted friends. Better then going at it alone. After all, safety in numbers.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Or maybe men should learn not to behave like animals? Why blame the victims?

Women shouldn't need to defend themselves against their own comrades.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by namine

As a man, I completely agree with you.
Hmmm, lets see now...
There are so many jobs, teams, and general work places where a women will be a minority...
But do we see a sports team rape their few female players? Do we see a team of mostly male employees raping the females? In what other occupation would full blown rape happen in such numbers?
My guess: NONE

Soldiers are made to fight and kill, they've chosen to walk a dark path full of blood shed and hate. It's not hard to see most of them have mental issues and are just flat out psychopaths some times. They are animals, and they are trained to be that way. They are too ineffective otherwise.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by namine

Or maybe men should learn not to behave like animals? Why blame the victims?

Women shouldn't need to defend themselves against their own comrades.

I apologize if I have gotten you butt-hurt or offended in any way. There are some prevent sexual abuse classes that we were forced to take. Had none of these rapes happened then just maybe they wouldn't be victims in the first place.

Not most woman, but some fake being raped just to get out of Iraq. Some even go as far as getting pregnant just to escape the harshness of war.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Stop-loss! because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

They are indeed animals. Assaulting your own comrades is never effective to the cause. There's no excuse for it.

Originally posted by Stop-loss!

I apologize if I have gotten you butt-hurt or offended in any way. There are some prevent sexual abuse classes that we were forced to take. Had none of these rapes happened then just maybe they wouldn't be victims in the first place.

It sounds to me like you are blaming them for being victims. It's their fault for not being educated enough to prevent it? Rape is something vile and forceful that happens to you, and of no fault of your own other than expecting those around you to behave like decent human beings. If sexual abuse didn't happen then just maybe "prevent sexual abuse classes" wouldn't exist in the first place. You see, the crime starts with the offense, so if anything it would appear we need classes to teach these men how NOT to behave like animals.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Please describe definition of animal. Last time I checked, humans are hairless primates... unless I missed something. Though human egos tend to leave the human animal to believe it is something greater and entitled to more, when in fact the majority of the human animal do not fight the wars that the more brave human animals fight. While a one-legged human animal will break gravel with an iron rod for 12 hours a day for 1 dollar a week (Seen it with my own two eyes). Or while some human animal child in a third world country can't seem to find clean water or any food. All the while these domesticated human animals know nothing of hardships as they graze hand-selected foods contained in bags that they obtain from 'grocery stores' across their domesticated lands. Where the helpless domesticated human must have water brought to their shelter since they lack the capability of walking miles (like the human animals of third world countries) for water, and would rather not risk the uncleanliness of such an endeavor.

Humans are animals. Just because you are domesticated does not mean jack squat. Rape happens no matter where you will be in society, it just so happens in the military too! At least these women are still in a condition enough to speak about it, be thankful of that much! At least they are requiring classes on sexual assault prevention, how many country's military follow this protocol?

Then again look across the board of the animal kingdom. Did you know that male dolphin hunting parties are known to gang up on a single female dolphin and ensue in a game of rape? I am in no way condoning rape, but your "Men should stop behaving like animals" comment struck soft stone with me. That sort of remark is reminiscent of the feminazi movement that is just a cover for its actual nature of similarity with the oh, so horrid chauvinistic male counter-part.

Stop worrying about putting leashes on your men and realize the animal nature of yourself before you go off making remarks like that, please. Perhaps look to nature for the answers. Did you know that the only mosquito that takes blood from animals is the female mosquito? Did you know that a female praying mantis will slay her mate after intercourse? Did you know that female led tribes, and even exclusively female tribes are the most violent and volatile of tribes? These things and many more point towards the patterns of nature in female animals. Both genders have their animal conditions.

In short, be glad that they can even speak out against their comrades and have a voice. Be glad that there is a protocol requiring the armed forces to undergo a course in preventing sexual assault. How many foreign military can you claim follows the same protocol?
edit on 17-2-2011 by DakmindAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

reply to post by WhizPhiz

They are indeed animals. Assaulting your own comrades is never effective to the cause. There's no excuse for it.

It sounds to me like you are blaming them for being victims. It's their fault for not being educated enough to prevent it? Rape is something vile and forceful that happens to you, and of no fault of your own other than expecting those around you to behave like decent human beings. If sexual abuse didn't happen then just maybe "prevent sexual abuse classes" wouldn't exist in the first place. You see, the crime starts with the offense, so if anything it would appear we need classes to teach these men how NOT to behave like animals.

ahem...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As you can see, women arent the only victims in this world. Anyone can be an animal and still terrible things can happen. I hope this opens your eyes and your mind that it just doesn't always happen just to women. We are all guilty of the same crime.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DakmindAK

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Star for you.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Thanks, just speaking my mind. I hadn't planned on responding to this thread, but I get irritated with these femnazis. People get so caught up in woman's rights in America these days, when I can't even get a job in certain places (like an Alaska railroad tour train) simply because of the fact that I'm not a female (one of my friend's daughters got hired by them at the age of 18 without any prior job experience). Or when there is still racial and sexual bigotry in this country. Rapes are going to happen, and I'm tired of hearing the same card being pulled over and over and over again. # one of my ex's of 4 years was a feminazi, I left here she went off to sleep with 10 other men within a week! She was establishing her power and "right" as a woman.... I was half expecting her to come running to me claiming she'd been raped, and I'd be tempted to tell her she shouldn't worry because the dude surely caught whatever disease she was carrying.

I'm not sure people are even aware of a movement for men's rights today!

From Mensactivism.org

'A men's rights group has called for mandatory paternity testing of all babies after government figures revealed almost 600 instances of men compelled to financially support children they did not father. Since changes to child support laws four years ago, there had been 586 cases of men successfully using DNA testing to show they were not biologically related to children they had been financially supporting, the federal government has revealed to The Australian. In the overwhelming majority of these cases, the courts have not forced mothers to pay back the money they have received. Of the 586 cases, only 74 mothers have been told to pay back the money. Those reparations total in excess of $533,000.'

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz
reply to post by namine

Soldiers are made to fight and kill, they've chosen to walk a dark path full of blood shed and hate. It's not hard to see most of them have mental issues and are just flat out psychopaths some times. They are animals, and they are trained to be that way. They are too ineffective otherwise.

Do you know what its even like to have to resort to the military in order to get any substantial amount of funds for an extended education for any possible career of your choosing because of the economy's current situation? I am currently enlisting in the armed forces just because of this reason, because the GI Kicker bill contains 72 grand that I can use after my four year term so that I can major in outdoor studies and education.

Or were you just born into comfort like the most of the disgustingly complaisant Americans? A lot of people had no other choice but to turn to the military, whether to gain some skills to take back into their civilian life, financial stability after their term of service, the benefits that come along with it like medical coverage for you and your family. The skills that don't involve pulling a trigger and killing people, there is more to being a soldier than that. What would you do in a war if the other side was shooting at your best friend, to a soldier, war is about making sure that you and your friends make it out of this alive. If your friend dies next to you, the emotional repercussions are tremendous on mental health. So if someone is firing at your friend, you better believe you are gonna be firing back, and firing to stop those bullets from flying so close to your best friend.

Ever since the get-go the drive in animals has been survival, the same remains and still rings true for the human animal. A soldier decides to become a soldier in order to survive, as ironic as that sounds. To survive eternally through the telling of stories (I still here stories about long past family member's heroic deeds in WW II), or to survive in life quality and stability. It isn't a soldier's fault that the ones who lead them are all screwed up, maybe the people of America should do something about those guys instead of pointing all the blame on the solider.

If this is the kind of view that will be cast in my direction once I'm fighting for freedoms and liberties of the people of my country, then I am sorry that if it ever comes to my death that my sacrifice will not live up to your standards. The soldier has the good intention, its the higher ranked officials you should be yelling at in what direction they send us self-sacrificing troops in.

In the end it is up to the voting people to decide my fate. So stop sitting around complaining about how you're displeased with how things are going. Get up, get out, get educated, and vote.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Dude you speak the truth.

Some of the women these days... They have such an arrogance about them, thinking they are better than men and that all men are pigs.

Lol and I love the term femnazis. Describes some crazy chicks that I know. I knew this one chick who was an insane power tripper and she had the biggest female superiority complex. Could not stand it. It is getting out of control, this feminist movement.
edit on 17-2-2011 by SolarE-Souljah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I can't help but to see the majority of them in such a light, my friend. The feminism movement was amazing, and it gained great ground in freeing females from the large scale female oppression.

But its become a joke in this generation. The youth are picking it up because its the trend, and for no other reason. It sounds more like sexism than anything, sometimes leaving me to wonder if people should just call it female-chauvinism. It has turned into a self-righteous superiority complex amongst the femnazi's, giving them ample excuse to exercise whatever action they deem their 'right' as women, no matter the compulsive nature of the act.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Now hold on a second, you know full well what I'm talking about when I say 'aminal'. I'm not speaking in a literal sense, and I'm certainly not talking about one-legged humans, dolphins, mosquitoes, or even praying mantises. What??? I'm talking about those men (not all of them) in the militiry who've sexually assaulted their female counterparts. And I refer to them as 'animals' in a derogatory sense because that behaviour is nothing short of inhumane. I'd refer to women who did the same similarly. We'd be taking a step backwards if we accepted rape just because it happens in the animal kingdom and humans are animals, too. I'm not part of any feminazi movement, but simply speaking against the abuse that these men in the military have committed towards women in service. It's not a women are better than men thing at all (although the number of rapes committed by men dwarf those by women). And I never said men can't be victims too, in fact in one of the cases in the OP two men were amongst the victims. Is it not possible to speak out against rape in the military without being labelled a feminazi??

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I never said women are the only victims in this world. It just so happens that in the OP (which is what we're meant to be discussing?), men were the perpertators and the majority of the victims were women. I'm interested to know what you think of said men conducting these rapes? If you think it's unacceptable then we'd agree on something.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by namine

I am a male and I am already discusted how this thread about woman who were vicitms of a vicious rape have been painted by peoples comments already as if they were arogant sl#ts who should have been more careful and that male's somehow can not be held entirely responsible for their actions. This thread is about people who have been raped, can you actually picture what it would be like to have this happen to you no matter if you are male or female, how terrifying it would be to know you are not safe anywhere and then have people take a topic such as thier rape and start throwing out opinions/generalisations/misconceptions/personal stories about how women these days are asking for it and they should be more careful - You people need to realise that there are rape victims everywhere in this world - and some of them don't even speak out because of small mindedness like this. Show them some respect and go create a thread away from one about the victim's where you can express your arrogance - I wish there were negative star's and flags so you could see how many people you offend and hurt.

As a male I appologise to namine for some of the ^&&* that comes out of my sex's mouth.
As a human I appologise on behalf of human's and some of the ^&** that comes out of their mouth.
edit on 17-2-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Ah yes, some of the insensitivity in here is alarming. However, no need to apologise for words that are not your own.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I never said women are the only victims in this world. It just so happens that in the OP (which is what we're meant to be discussing?), men were the perpertators and the majority of the victims were women. I'm interested to know what you think of said men conducting these rapes? If you think it's unacceptable then we'd agree on something.

There are always two sides of the same coin here but I do agree that there should be no tolerance for raping in this day and age. You almost do seem feminist in yours posts here but I understand why this thread got you so tempermental. There should be more awareness to this problem so future rapes can be prevented.

edit on 17-2-2011 by Stop-loss! because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join