It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just recieved a free welfare phone!! I am not happy.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewanger
I am also eligible to receive a free phone but i don't do it on principle. Also the feds are now providing car insurance. It's a way for the government to put businesses out of business and make us dependent. It's total crap!

I agree. I did not even know that she was going to sign up for it. I didn't even know that there was a cell phone program. It is about time for me to get out and make some real money after school. I want to put this all behind me.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
What's the problem? Government use taxes obtained from extremely profitable telecoms corporations and then use that money to make the lives of the minority a little easier. By the sound of it this isn't exactly tax payers money. Sure the costs might be passed on to the consumer, but why? That would just be used as an excuse to screw you out of your money by said telecoms companies. A dirt cheap phone that costs relatively nothing provided with 250 minutes of, yep, nothing. The question shouldn't be "Why as a paying customer am I indirectly funding this program" it should be "Why the hell is my bill going up for something that costs nothing to produce?"

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers
What's the problem? Government use taxes obtained from extremely profitable telecoms corporations and then use that money to make the lives of the minority a little easier. By the sound of it this isn't exactly tax payers money. Sure the costs might be passed on to the consumer, but why? That would just be used as an excuse to screw you out of your money by said telecoms companies. A dirt cheap phone that costs relatively nothing provided with 250 minutes of, yep, nothing. The question shouldn't be "Why as a paying customer am I indirectly funding this program" it should be "Why the hell is my bill going up for something that costs nothing to produce?"

I wish I coould star you fifty times for that post.

I love the avatar..

link   
I'm going to pretend I'm like most ATS'ers....

The phones are tracking devices so that when the aliens come they can eliminate all the unproductive people at one moment.

There, now I sound like I belong on ATS.

link   
So even after it's been shown that tax payer money isn't funding this you still talk about how taxes are being wasted? You could have found another reason to bash Obama. I mean, at least do some research. And the government tracking your cell phones? Really? I bet these cheap little phones don't even have GPS. Troll away.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Throwback because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Beware of that little "free" phone. It does come with 250 per month, however if you want or need to add minutes the charges are crazy. The thing is you can buy a trac phone card to replace the minutes, but many retailers add additional fees because of the type of phone, and not all retailers will deal them.

I don't know the government gives out phones (in only 24 states mind you), personally I do think it has something to do tracking or some sort of study. It makes no sense why they would deem a cell phone is necessary and to do so to the point of giving them out for free. Just my little opinion.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback
So even after it's been shown that tax payer money isn't funding this you still talk about how taxes are being wasted? You could have found another reason to bash Obama. I mean, at least do some research. And the government tracking your cell phones? Really? I bet these cheap little phones don't even have GPS. Troll away.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Throwback because: (no reason given)

Does it not take tax payers money to do studies? Just because this program is not directly funded by the tax payer does not mean that tax payer money is not involved.

Welfare studies takes time and money.
edit on 17-2-2011 by liejunkie01 because: spelling

edit on 17-2-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Yep, I agree with you what a waste of money i can think of many other things they can spend that money on.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

There is a difference in the people with need and the people with greed.

I do not believe anyone should deny someone in need, but there is a difference even you recognize, when in your post you say you hate being lumped together with the "bottom feeders".

There are perfectly capable people on the dole, and you should be angry at the people like that, because they lessen the assistance that you and your husband could obtain, and unfortunately put a stain on you that is hard to remove.

You are one of the many people who have brought into this entire class warfare thing...but you're one of those people warring against YOUR class. How backwards is that! Instead of wanting to hold the rich accountable for the misery in this world...you rather cower and attack other poor people?

Who cares about a few people who rather sit on the dole? If you ask me everyone should sit on the dole until things are equalized. You've ate that propaganda the rich paid to have fed to poor people and make them fight each other instead of the true oppressors.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rumor21

Yep, I agree with you what a waste of money i can think of many other things they can spend that money on.

I hope you are not talking about wars and bridges to nowhere..lol...just kidding.
I have no problem with feeding the hungry or assisted housing for the super needy. With restrictions of course. But I was taken back with the talk of cell phones. Even though someone pointed out that the money does not come directly from the tax payer. Tax payer money is connected somehow.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by boondock-saint

am I the only one who sees the tracking device given to a segment of the population? Yes, come take our free phone, now we can see exactly where you are any time we want. Who needs RFID Chips when they carry their free phones everywhere?

That is exactly what I was thinking. I have a cell because of the small business my spouse and I are in. Mine stays home unless I get bugged to take it. I am not the one answering customer calls on the blasted thing thank goodness.

You might consider a lead foil wrap and only use the phone if you have to.

Great minds think alike. By now the NSA have recruited all the people they need for listening - after all the project thanks to the Patriot Act has been around since 2002 and they get tons of money so don't believe they stayed behind and twiddled their thumbs. Also you have to admit, the stereotype of welfare recipients, most have already said it: Lazy drug users. Now, who wouldn't make their jobs easier by taking advantage of programs that are out there? That is initiative. Not good mind u, but non the less effective.
I remember back in the 90's in the DC area, the police would send bail jumpers letters telling them they won Redskins tickets. They would show up to collect and get collected. Maybe this is what they are doing....(crossing fingers hoping)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by Wolf321
It isn't the governments place to provide things, but to ensure the freedom for individuals to pursue the things they desire.

I guess that's why some parts of the USA resemble the third world! It's simply not possible for some people (for whatever reason) to pursue the things they desire. Perhaps one day if you find yourself in a gutter, your position may change. Until then, consider yourself lucky!

IRM :shk:

I was in the gutter, born blind and crippled to a divorced single mother. I WORKED my way out of that gutter by putting myself through college while helping my mother support my three younger siblings.
If I can do it anyone can! Why do you ignorantly assume that everyone apposed to welfare must be 'lucky' or 'rich'?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I was not happy with my welfare phone either. Tax payers have to pay for this!? And they are too cheap to give me 300 minutes! Just dive into the elderlys social security alittle and give me 50 extra minutes.

What am i suppose to do with 250 minutes? come on!

And no internet?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Fine then show me the studies that used tax payer money for this. Why a study would be needed for this I don't know. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FunSized

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by Wolf321
I was in the gutter, born blind and crippled to a divorced single mother. I WORKED my way out of that gutter by putting myself through college while helping my mother support my three younger siblings.
If I can do it anyone can! Why do you ignorantly assume that everyone apposed to welfare must be 'lucky' or 'rich'?

Everyone opposed to welfare isn't lucky or rich, most are actually fools who've swallowed the rich elites propaganda of "work hard and one day you will be where I'm at". That's total and complete b.s. Sure a select few will make it, but just observing the numbers game should tell you EVERYONE can't....even if EVERYONE went to college and graduated with the same GPA. Someone has to clean the sewers and salt the fries.

As someone else stated, why should we merely survive here in America when there's all this wealth and technology around? We should all thrive, not just survive.

Problem is we have so many fools who want to live as if it's still the days of Daniel Boone where everyone has to build their cabin from trees they chop down themselves. Those days are gone! People fear the New World Order, but what you really need to fear is the Old World Order. It's the Old World Order that's attempting to keep people in employment bondage.

If we were to really allow society to advance we'd find things are a whole lot easier on all of us. I compare the mentality that many show to someone running down the road yelling we're all punks because we no longer ride horses. Duke....times have changed and will continue to do so. Things that at one time were a luxury are now a necessity. A home computer is now a necessity...grade school children are now required to do homework and assignments on computers and save them to their thumb drives! I know someone is going to bark, "Well let them go to the library!" Ummmm....the library has maybe 10 computers. So are 200 children supposed to wait for those 10 computers?

Dumb people...wake up and stop endorsing this labor bondage you've been sold. Kill all of those "I worked hard and made it so can you" stories....what do you want a hero cookie?

This society won't advance until we stop the greed and envy and help EVERYONE play on a even field. Since this is ATS I assume many of the subscribers are open minded to advanced civilizations and aliens. I ask this question: How do you think their society is set up? Do you think advanced societies that can travel the universe are as fickle as being jealous or angry because one member has something the others don't? How do you get around this...by ensuring everyone has.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I just wish my government phone had more text messages included. I mean 1,000 is simply not enough.

It's probably just the government giving out phones that seep radiation into your brain and lower your sperm count and motility for population control.

articles.cnn.com...

It's represented in Idiocracy better than I can illustrate. If you can keep the poor from reproducing so fast you can keep the population down.

And on an even more conspiracy minded note; the government is almost making having a cell phone a right and not a privilege. When this happens they can even make it mandatory to have a cell phone with the technology widely used in Europe and even coming out on the new iPhone 5 this summer. blog.laptopmag.com...

Once this is done and widely accepted it will just make more sense to get chipped.

or not. i could be crazy.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
articles.latimes.com...[i ]reply to post by liejunkie01

This is ridiculous too.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Throwback

Fine then show me the studies that used tax payer money for this. Why a study would be needed for this I don't know. Good luck.

Every nickel that the government spends comes from taxpayers. The government is not a profit-making gig; it is an extortion gig. Very similar to the mob....they set the price you must pay to play ( tax rate ) and you pay or you don't play.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Originally posted by rumor21

I hope you are not talking about wars and bridges to nowhere..lol...just kidding.
I have no problem with feeding the hungry or assisted housing for the super needy. With restrictions of course. But I was taken back with the talk of cell phones. Even though someone pointed out that the money does not come directly from the tax payer. Tax payer money is connected somehow.

Exactly feeding people but taxpayers are paying for people to gamble and go on trips. posted news article link a few post back.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Unbelievable! This is a huge reason why American is failing. Were do these people on Welfare get this sense of entitlement from?

I am poor too, it's not because I was too stupid to have sex without condoms and had a bunch of kids, it's not because I was duped into a marriage and pay every month for "vagimony," it's not because I did bad in school, or got laid off, or use drugs...you want to know why I am poor?

I am poor because it is I who is paying for your cellphone, your medicine, your schooling. I am paying to bail out huge corporations that made bad decisions. I am paying for aide in Egypt, AIDS relief in Africa, medicine for the illegals. I am footing your bills until you decide to become a MAN. Relief for the immigrants, relief for the poor, relief for the whales, relief for the relief. I am tax poor.

What do you think people did back in the Great Depression when they had nothing? Did they look to their neighbor for a handout? Did they come to the US Government for a free ride? No. They sacked up and did whatever it took to make ends. They took to fields and orchards, they did what you should be doing. Yet your hanging out on your computer, using the Internet, chatting away on ATS about your new phone.

When the economy collapses this country will be in serious trouble because this is the mentality of young men today.

Congrats on your new phone. I hope you finish school and that your testicles drop soon.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join