It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just recieved a free welfare phone!! I am not happy.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
*sigh

It is not the pasty room full of agents feverishly poring over gps coordinates of EVERY welfare cell participant. It is the fact that IF you happen to find yourself in the vicinity of the government's radar for any reason, they can easily locate you, and begin intercepting your calls/texts.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

You do know it is used for tacking people, calls and activity right?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

am I the only one who sees the tracking device given to a segment of the population? Yes, come take our free phone, now we can see exactly where you are any time we want. Who needs RFID Chips when they carry their free phones everywhere?

That is exactly what I was thinking. I have a cell because of the small business my spouse and I are in. Mine stays home unless I get bugged to take it. I am not the one answering customer calls on the blasted thing thank goodness.

You might consider a lead foil wrap and only use the phone if you have to.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Its threads like these that really show which demographics have their "entitlement" thought processes fully intact...

Yes by all means.....Housing, Food, Computers, Cellphones, etc etc etc.....give me give me give me!!!

Lord knows, that having computers, wifi and cellphones are needed to survive......

Reminds me one time of a statement i saw from a college student, who was upset because he wasnt guaranteed a job when he graduated......

I remember when there were people who refused to use welfare because they wanted to do it on their own......

Now its used as just another option for the lazy and unambitious.........im not saying this applies to everyone, but its definitely a practice........and all we are doing is continue to enable this behavior

Its just like raising a child......what reason would they ever have to be responsible and accountable, when you always protect them, always provide them money and a place to live........?

They never will, they dont need to.......

Im often dumbfounded by mans own ignorance and need to be righteous to the point that it becomes crippling to the natural order of things......

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

>> I do not want this phone but the girlfriend says I have to have it.

You do have a problem right there. Consider telling her no and standing by your opinion. If you really need a cell phone - 99.5% of the people near you will have one. If you are stranded somewhere, the level of "emergency" you will face will still be solvable most of the time without a cell phone.

My wife has high anxiety and probably would act like that too to force me to have one for emergencies. You have a girlfriend with anxiety. You don't want a wife with anxiety :-)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

That is really odd with people needing food, clothing and housing. I congratulate you on not having a cell phone prior to this. I do not have one either and it really freaks people out. The only thing I can figure, is it is some way to keep an eye on people of a certain income ratio for some stupid government reason.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I just thought I would share a personal story with you all.

I live just over and hours commute from Melbourne (Australia) where I used to work. Upon leaving the train station one day, I had a group of rather large Aboriginal gentlemen approach me.

wow, def not a side of you I am use to seeing.
You do have a heart in there somewhere, lol

nice story and very touching

boon

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
So if we are to believe your OP your girlfriend applied for a telephone that is meant to be given to people that truly need it when she didn't need it and then gave the phone to you so you could complain about the fact that you are ripping off someone else by taking something from someone else that you dont even need.

Nice!

So is your girlfriend on state benefits or below the poverty line? because these are the only ways you are supposed to be able to get the phone.

I personally dont believe a word of the OP. hoax
edit on 17-2-2011 by davespanners because: i cant spell

This is hilarious. lol..................

Everything is a hoax huh Dave!!!! I just shared a personal story. I even took a crappy pic. I provided info to back my story up. I do not care if you believe me or not. How can you call hoax?

Let me ask you a question.

What do you believe in?

My list of government thread highjackers is getting longer by the day.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Ok so the way I understand it is that people donate their old phones (even if not working!), government gets them fixed, polishes them up and gives them to the poor. This is a non issue really.... incredible how some see a world conspiracy in this, some evil government skims while in reality it's a very innovative way to recycle things that cause massive pollution due to mass consumerism.
This is what company I work for does with there computer hardware, of course though our government is so corrupt it would be unimaginable for them to do organize like that on mass level.
Oh and yeah, the poor and disabled should totally get free computers, if you just feed them you're not helping too much - computers helped a lot of people find jobs and kids educate themselves. Of course, I'm also aware how this is greatly abused in US by entire armies of people exploiting the system for personal profit.
edit on 17/2/2011 by SassyCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Which "governement"???

You reside in the USA, I take it? In the Midwest??

Do you have the slightest inkling of an idea where "davespanners" lives???

"government thread highjackers"!!
Thanks for the chuckle. I said it earlier....paranoia.....

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Which "governement"???

I do not care where you live. World wide CIA trolls.
You are on my list too, by the way.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Which "governement"???

One more thing there weed.

I am supposed to believe who and where you and dave are?

Everybody is supposed to believe what you have to say, and everybody else's word is a lie?

You make no sense and contradict yourself too much.

I put my story out there for everyone.

Thank you everyone for your replies.

I have to go smoke now. Dave and Weed are getting under my skin. But then again that is prbably their main objective. Getting under peoples skin.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
I think that it is a waste of tax payer’s money and I wonder what the real motive of this program is.

I think they give out some not all but some of the free phones to try and track potential less fortunate individuals potential criminal activities....

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Maybe he called hoax because you are in essence bragging about your free welfare phone, and you are not the welfare recipient. That is hoaxing welfare, and you are bragging about it here.

Or maybe he thinks you made it all up.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by liejunkie01
I think that it is a waste of tax payer’s money and I wonder what the real motive of this program is.

I think they give out some not all but some of the free phones to try and track potential less fortunate individuals potential criminal activities....

It is funny you say that.

I have not always been a good boy.

I have been swabbed by the state of Illinois for a non violent felony.

I am in the database.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Maybe he called hoax because you are in essence bragging about your free welfare phone, and you are not the welfare recipient. That is hoaxing welfare, and you are bragging about it here.

Or maybe he thinks you made it all up.

I am not necessarily directing this whole reply toyou.

I would like to clear up the fact that it is my girlfriends phone. She makes me carry it when she has to work and the kids are in school. I said it was for emergencies. She just called me on the thing checking in on my sick daughter.

I do not want to carry this phone because I do not want to be bound by the system.

It is her phone. She followed the rules. There are no laws broken people. All legal here. No fraud.

The program is out there. She signed up and got approved. How is that defrauding?
edit on 17-2-2011 by liejunkie01 because: spelling

edit on 17-2-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Bring it up to your local congressman...perhaps they can resolve the issue by giving the rich a bigger tax cut. That should fix everything.

incidently, to get a job, many places require a phone number to get in contact with you. The people whom are 135% below poverty level are pretty poor, they may want to get a job, or get a better job to get them out of the mess they are in. I guess you can complain about the few minor bones tossed to the poorest of the nation, meanwhile corporate giants pay nothing in tax dollars (never discuss the richest, they are holy).

How about this...toss your cell phone and make a stand to never get out of poverty..that seems reasonable

-sigh-

man society has some brainwashed. Yes, your poor, you deserve nothing, not even a minimal bit of help to get out..but keep paying taxes anyhow for laughs.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

You're still not getting it?

I have been swabbed by the state of Illinois....(snip)...

I am in the database.

Irrelevant.

The phone is not in YOUR name, is it??

You are overly paranoid, on this subject and in this instance. Noticed you mentioned earlier, "going out for a smoke"?

THAT is more of a conspiracy, to tell the truth!! The complicity of the tobacco companies, and the governments who regulate them, to produce an addictive product and market it legally! Not your fault when addicted, but YOU (and others) pay the price, above and beyond just the cost at the store, to buy a pack of 20....

Know when and where to choose your "battles".....

edit on 17 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Lord knows, that having computers, wifi and cellphones are needed to survive......

Is the country meant to survive, or thrive?

If I had my way, I would give a laptop to every person in the free world. Why? because survival means jack...people in north korea are surviving..I tend to think we pride oursevles on not just surviving, but thriving.

the rest of your argument (actually, your whole argument) is simple strawman crap thats been rehashed as a corporate tool for ages now....ya ya ya, we get it, stay poor and be happy with being poor, you deserve nothing from society..yadda yadda.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I called HOAX because you claim to have "researched" this but apparently the only articles you were able to find were ones the supported your own political agenda and views and you didn't find a single article that in anyway reflected the other side of what the program is about.

This is just pushing an agenda in fact it sound exactly like the millions of "obama phone" hoax emails that are being sent around as spam snopes with a few of the words changed.

If your so disgusted with being given a free phone then go find the nearest homeless person, give the phone to him and tell him to call his kids / parents on you, or send it back with a note explaining that you girlfriend defrauded their company by claiming she needed the phone when she didn't and you can morally have no part in it

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join