It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Knowledge of Good and Evil

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Luke 6: 31-38:

And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Matthew 5: 43-48:

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

These verses describe the god I know.

However the god the O.P. describes is not my god.

The O.P.'s god loves those who love him and hates those who hate him.

The O.P.'s god behaves, and instructs his followers to behave, in ways which can be summed up in one word: EVIL.

How does it feel, to be a brainwashed apologist for evil?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Aye Carumba!

Lets start with the basics...

What is God?

It is the creator of everything, the Alpha and the Omega, the end all be all.

The main attributes to the Creator in the Abrahamic faiths are it is:

Omnibenevolence - All Good
Omnipotence - All Powerful
Omnipresence - EVERYWHERE

God IS this existence. Always has been, always will be.

In the beginning God created EVERYTHING.
He paused at each step to declare everything GOOD.
When he saw Adam alone, he saw it not GOOD and corrected it by creating EVE.

He fixed all the flaws of creation as he found them.

The story of the Garden of Eden is a metaphor of the fall of Man.

God says do not eat fruit, you will die.
Snake says to eve, go ahead and try, it won't hurt.
Eve takes a bite and gets Adam to try.
Adam tries and realises they had disobeyed God.
They are ashamed of what they had done and cover up with fig leaves.
They hide from God.
God searches them out, discovers what happened and kicks them out of paradise.

This is all metaphorical and should not be tried to mean anything literal.

There never was ANY Evil in creation. God did not create Evil. The serpent is not Evil. The serpent is merely a metaphor for the scape goat that Man points to when it is inconvenient for HIM to do God's will. Evil is a creation of MAN, not God.

What the tree represents metaphorically was God's divine law for Man. It was lost and replaced with the tree of good and evil. Man is incapable of judging what is good and evil. Only God can and he already judged everything GOOD. Man has been trying to do God's job ever since they lost God's actual commandment.

Christ brought back God's actual commandment. He was the WORD of God. What was that commandment?

Love one another!

We are not the judge of good and evil. This is God's job, not ours.

If you judge something as evil you are judging God. Why? Because God IS Omnipresent!

He is in the smallest particle, he is in the largest galaxy, he is within the rapist, he is within the new born infant, he is within me, he is within YOU. AND, God declared it all GOOD at the beginning. Now stop doing God's job and love one another.

With Love,

Your Brother

P.S.

Ever notice that John corrected this mess with a new beginning to Genisis? In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God....
edit on 17-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Try looking at it this way.

You are born into a paradise where everything you could ever want is there for you. It is so perfect you are in love with everything. You see God in everything.

One day you come across this beautiful tree you never saw before. It has an exotic fruit on it. Something inside you tells you to leave it alone, but YOU just can't resist.

Now fill in the name of the fruit with one you absolutely cannot stand. Maybe a lemon tree, or some other fruit you do not like.

Up to now, you were living in a paradise where everything was perfect.

You try the fruit of this new tree despite your inner voice warning you not to.

YUCK!

Now you call over your mate, "hey you gotta try this!"

Yuck!

You have just judged God's work as not perfect. You have just fallen from Eden. Never again will you see God in everything. You are fallen from God.

That is until you stop judging and simply accept that there is GOOD in everything. Fall in LOVE with everything.

We are in Eden. We never left. We have simply dirtied the place up fighting over it with our judgements of good and evil.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 17-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

So what is it exactly that you believe ? You don't believe their is actually a God? I'm confused. You don't seem to believe the Bible. Help me out here ?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

God as All. The true sense of the word All. Meaning, God encompasses all, and all is composed of God. God transcends All, for He is All. This in terms of Existence instead of a humanly personified God entity.

So if everything is God, to hate anything will be hating God.
Hate bugs? You're hating God.
Hate rainstorms or bad weather? You are hating God.
Hate your enemy? Even then you are hating God.

If all of humankind can collectively choose to Love All, then All of our problems would be solved. Mankind would become god in consciousness.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by IAMIAM

So what is it exactly that you believe ? You don't believe their is actually a God? I'm confused. You don't seem to believe the Bible. Help me out here ?

Here is a link to my proof on God:

Proof of God

This may clarify my position.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

A member of ATS recently had this question for me in an earlier thread.
I apologise for missing your question Griffo, I didn't mean to be rude to you in any way .I've devoted this thread to your answer.

Q.
If god was all knowing/powerful why did he give Adam and Eve free will then? As he knew they would eat from the tree. Or better still, why did he create satan, because if he was all knowing he would have known that satan would trick them from eating from the tree

A.
First, God wanted creations that would choose to love him freely. Out of the free will he bestowed on them. I find this perfectly reasonable. Why did he create Satan? He didn't. He created Lucifer. The brijghtest and most beautiful angel in all of heaven. The Bible says, that one day iniquity was found in him. This to me means this creation, turned against God. Out of his own freewill he made an evil choice.That's when he became Satan.
His vanity caused him to love himself, more than he loved God. He wanted to be the most high. The result was war in heaven. Satan was able to beguile a third of the angels to join him. They were banished

So Satan chose to do the opposite of God in everything.. All that evil truly is, is a choice. Choose evil and God will have nothing to do with you. Hence, the invisible spagetti monster. One day, the Earth and the heavens will be filled with only those who love God. Out of their own freewill, they will love him. Then evil will exist no more, because no one will choose evil. The reason why God lets this all play out? Very simple. It's not that God can't just wipe it all away. It's that he would have to be a tyrant to do so. See in the eyes of the other two thirds of heaven, who remained faithfully with God. He would be.

Do you see how Gods hands are tied.? He must let this new idea that is of Satan, this choice of evil, must be allowed to.play out. How else would heavens angels, know they were righteous in their choice? I say new idea because to all of the those who populate the heavens eternally. Evil is a new idea. Before Satan, evil must not have existed in the universe because no one had ever made the choice. By this it serves purpose to let the devil have his day. One day, all the Cosmos will know, God is the only one we all should obey. Just as a little child should obey his or her parents. Because it's not only the best thing in our interest. It is also the way to love him. When there is no one left to choose evil. Evil will cease to exist. From there, it will fade from memory until once again there won't even be any knowledge of it, at all.

That's the knowledge of good and evil.
edit on 16-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

One day an Enlightened humanity will truly LOVE because they will come to understand the method behind the madness. My wife taught me this... She is VERY shrewd... *wink*

Great Post

Kind Regards

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

reply to post by IAMIAM

Here is a link to my proof on God:

Proof of God

This may clarify my position.

With Love,

Your Brother

God is A word huh? NO ! My brother, In the begining was THE word. And THE word was with God. And THE word was God.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

God is A word huh? NO ! My brother, In the begining was THE word. And THE word was with God. And THE word was God.

Yes, GOD is a word. What else is it? Do you worship this three letters? Do those three letters encapsulate all that you know behind their meaning? Are they just as Holy if you rearrange them say to, DOG or ODG?

God is a word, nothing more.

The phrase you pointed out is from the book of John and is not talking about the word "GOD", but rather talking about Christ.

Christ was the word of God.

"In the beginning was the "Christ", and the "Christ" was with God, and the "Christ" was God"

See, the word God isn't important, but rather the meaning behind it. We do not idolise the word "God" we are supposed to worship what lies beneath the word, the meaning.

But, this is my point of view. If yours is different, by all means run with it. I was simply sharing my thoughts.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

"In the beginning was the "Christ", and the "Christ" was with God, and the "Christ" was God"

Well, now we agree again. I am aware of the metaphore and now I know you are as well.
I was going to add, havn't you heard Jesus is the word? You went right to it though.

Also when you say,"with love, your brother" I think I understand that by, "with love" you're endorsing as much as you're securing. As endorsing your philosophy, as much as you are insuring me, of the love you feel for your
fellow man.

Randyvious
edit on 19-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_Awesome

I'm simply asking why god would allow an evil being into his garden of paradise? Obviously god must have known that Satan would try and manipulate Adam and Eve.

Actually it is believed that the Angel that became Satan was a very high ranking one, a specially anointed Cherub.
His assignment was special, humanity and the earth. This special assignment puffed his ego up with pride to the point that he wanted the worship that was to be God's. He knew he could get this if he just could get the first humans to sin. It was a tremendous gamble, if Eve had just gone back and consulted with Adam and God, Satan would have executed there and then. But his gambit worked, and that's why human history has been one of misery.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
reply to post by Mr_Awesome

I'm simply asking why god would allow an evil being into his garden of paradise? Obviously god must have known that Satan would try and manipulate Adam and Eve.

Actually it is believed that the Angel that became Satan was a very high ranking one, a specially anointed Cherub.
His assignment was special, humanity and the earth. This special assignment puffed his ego up with pride to the point that he wanted the worship that was to be God's. He knew he could get this if he just could get the first humans to sin. It was a tremendous gamble, if Eve had just gone back and consulted with Adam and God, Satan would have executed there and then. But his gambit worked, and that's why human history has been one of misery.

Thanks Blue, I couldn't have put it better.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Also when you say,"with love, your brother" I think I understand that by, "with love" you're endorsing as much as you're securing. As endorsing your philosophy, as much as you are insuring me, of the love you feel for your
fellow man.

Randyvious

What an interesting way of seeing things. Perhaps, subconsciously I am doing it for these reason.

The reason why I started ending my posts that way and the reason why I still do, is because it reminds my brain as I review what I wrote to check and make sure I worded everything as lovingly as possible.

It is impossible to even type the word "love" without the brain going into that mode of thinking. It is a way of catching things that are not worded as lovingly as I intended them.

It prevents those "Oh, I didn't mean to say it like that!" moments, mostly.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

What an interesting way of seeing things. Perhaps, subconsciously I am doing it for these reason.

Not sure what you mean by interesting. Endorsing a philosophy of brotherly love by all means is a good thing. Just to be clear.
I wasn't questioning your sincerity in anyway. That is completely obvious.

edit on 21-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Not sure what you mean by interesting. Endorsing a philosophy of brotherly love by all means is good thing. Just to be clear.
I wasn't questioning your sincerity in anyway. That is completely obvious.

Oh no, thats not what I mean at all! See, my tactic isn't fool proof yet. LOL

Any view other than my own is interesting. I know how I see things. That gets boring. It is when someone sees something that I don't, THAT is interesting.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
What I find astonishing about this discussion is the whole back story about "Satan" and "Lucifer" when neither character is mentioned in the story of the garden of eden. The snake in this story is certainly a talented one but is clearly categorized as one of the animals, both when it is first introduced and when it is finally cursed by God. The story is partly aetiological and explains why snakes suffer the humiliation of having to crawl or slither in the dust rather than walk on legs like other animals.

The motif of the snake who steals life or immortality from humans may derive from the epic of Gilgamesh where, again, the snake is just a snake. It is even more likely that the some of the key symbols of the story come from the encounter between Enkidu and Shamhat in the Gilgamesh epic. If this is the case, then Genesis is turning a story of how a primitive man is tempted by a temple prostitute, civilized, and integrated into the life of a great city into an anti-civilization polemic that is echoed in the stories of the city of Babel, slavery in Egypt, and, more pertinently, the Babylonian captivity.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinefile
What I find astonishing about this discussion is the whole back story about "Satan" and "Lucifer" when neither character is mentioned in the story of the garden of eden. The snake in this story is certainly a talented one but is clearly categorized as one of the animals, both when it is first introduced and when it is finally cursed by God. The story is partly aetiological and explains why snakes suffer the humiliation of having to crawl or slither in the dust rather than walk on legs like other animals.

The motif of the snake who steals life or immortality from humans may derive from the epic of Gilgamesh where, again, the snake is just a snake. It is even more likely that the some of the key symbols of the story come from the encounter between Enkidu and Shamhat in the Gilgamesh epic. If this is the case, then Genesis is turning a story of how a primitive man is tempted by a temple prostitute, civilized, and integrated into the life of a great city into an anti-civilization polemic that is echoed in the stories of the city of Babel, slavery in Egypt, and, more pertinently, the Babylonian captivity.

I think you might be puting the cart before the horse here . You see it's not a snake that is mentioned either.
It's the serpent. A beast of the field. Who then is cursed by God and made to eat dust through out his exixstence. Dosn't this suggest the serpent wasn't always a snake? On every continent the dragon is remembered in simalar renditions. There are correlations that fit and back up everything I believe to be true.
We see that the serpent is the Devil in revelations. He is that old dragon. The metaphores of the Bible do not
mean it can not be taken literally. To believe that isn't even realistic. The Bible isn't understood with only esoteric knowledge. It is both literally true, possessing many esoteric teachings as well. It is alive with truth. Any one who tries to this ? Will.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

But answer me this.. Which is good and which is evil?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Why did he create Satan? He didn't. He created Lucifer. The brijghtest and most beautiful angel in all of heaven. The Bible says, that one day iniquity was found in him. This to me means this creation, turned against God. Out of his own freewill he made an evil choice.That's when he became Satan.

As I understood it, Satan/Lucifer/Beezlebub [or whatever you want to call it] was God's right-hand-man at one point, but hated mankind & was cast out. He [Satan] then set about trying to destroy humanity, and all creation. God didn't create Satan. Just thought I'd add that. Thanks.

edit on 24-2-2011 by chocise because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by typwar
reply to post by randyvs

But answer me this.. Which is good and which is evil?

Very simple one to answer... go on, think about it for a moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join