It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member saying hi.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hey all,

I've been lurking around ATS on and off as a guest for a couple years now, and have finally decided to sign up so I can give my "average joe" input in any threads that catch my interest. I originally discovered ATS from a cousin of mine who was living with me a few years back. I don't recall his username, but I do know he was visiting the site pretty much daily for quite some time. He originally sold me on the site by saying it was the "best place to kill a few hours, whether you want to or not."

I mentioned above that any input I may have would be on an "average joe" level, so let me clarify that a little bit. During my guest lurking sessions I've noticed that ATS is home to a great number of experts and otherwise highly knowledgeable individuals on a wide variety of subjects. I am admittedly not one of these individuals. My knowledge of CGI for example, is pretty much limited to knowing that CGI can make pretty pictures, heh. I'm what you would call a casual consumer when it comes to much of the subject matter found on ATS. I have an interest in a number of areas covered here, I have my own opinions on those areas, but I'm far from being an expert when it comes to any one of them. With that in mind though, I'm not the type who's going to come in and start throwing my opinions around like they should be taken as automatic truths or anything. I'm mostly just looking to casually kill some time by reading up on the latest UFO story, checking out the latest ghost picture, and other things like that.

I'll probably spend most of my time in the forums for Aliens & UFOs, Paranormal Studies, Cryptozoology, and Area 51 and other Facilities. These are the areas I'm the most interested in learning more about, but that doesn't mean you won't find me poking my head into some other forums from time to time.

Anyways, I think I've rambled on enough for now. Looking forward to spending some time here with you ATSers.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Welcome!

I'm a new poster/long time lurker myself!
Sounds to me like you'll fit right in, maybe better than most!

Being humble is always a good thing, my friend.
I look forward to reading your posts.
Have fun!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff56

Hi Griff56, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

ATS Video Tutorials

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Welcome looking forward to hearing what you have to say.enjoy it here it's allot of fun.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome guys.

And thanks for all those links. I'll read through them as I can.

top topics

join