It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Straggler from that "Other" Site...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'm a long-time member of that other[\i] forum that went down not too long ago. The itch to be amongst normal (or crazy?) like-minded people finally became too strong, and so I ended up here

So, hello, nice to meet you!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Nice to meet you too! Welcome home friend

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Resolution1441

Hi Resolution1441, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

ATS Video Tutorials

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Good choice. Enjoy the madness.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Welcome ,dig in and let go.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Welcome. I take the delay as a good thing, meaning you are here for all the right reasons!

Enjoy your time here!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
kindred spirit it seems.
you are fairly local to me, and your signature does seem to be a Doctor Who reference if I am not mistaken.

Welcome and enjoy your stay here. I hope you find it more enlightening, I know I certainly enjoy my time here. Since your have brought your Resolutionlike productions to us, I take it you are informed on many of the topics here. You probably still have your tinfoil hat as well, ours are on backorder right now.

Oh and dont think I didnt your comment in my other thread, you are right!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
hi reso, hope you like ats

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Thank you for the info & links!

reply to post by Libertygal

I did my research and a fair share of lurking before I joined -- I think I chose well ;-)

reply to post by youdidntseeme

Yep, I am a big DW fan -- I became addicted while studying abroad in Cardiff when I was still in college, which is actually where they film a lot of the show. I've ended up an "extra" of sorts as a person walking in the background on the streets at least a dozen times. There's another show called Torchwood, which is less about the Doctor and focuses on Jack Harkness (also filmed in Cardiff) -- if you're into DW, you should def check it out

And all I'm gonna say about that thread is 84,000 isn't an accident, its a policy

Where in Philly are you btw?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
haha, double post already -- sorry!!

edit on 2/16/11 by Resolution1441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Down in Jersey, though I was just in Old City on Monday.

I've been watching DW for about a year now on BBC America, I was so upset that I never discovered it earlier. I started with Smith, then watched Tennant, then finally Ecclescton, its weird watching a show about time travel in the wrong order, like im travelling myself. I've seen jst about all of Torchwood as well, minus the last 3 episodes of the Children miniseries, BBC America shows the first 2 last week, and now they are airing the final three next week, they couldnt just shows them back to back.

In fact Torchwood is returning this summer from what I've read but it will be on Starz on cable.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I actually live right around where you were (almost said the cross-streets, haha, bad idea for a chick who lives alone to post her exact coordinates on a conspiracy website [and I have a very big dog, just thought I'd mention that]) -- do you spend a lot of time here??

Haha, that's actually pretty funny! David Tennant was the first Doctor I saw, and I have to say, I still think he's the best -- not a fan of Doctor 9 (Ecclestion?), he's a little too moody and serious for my liking, but Doctor 11 is still growing on me

I heard about TW moving to Starz, kinda pissed me off -- guess I'll have to sign up for Starz soon. I caught the TW:COE special when it ran the first time, I have to say, I think the mini-special was much better than the original TW, although it would have been 1000x better if they'd waited to off Owen until after they did CEO

ETA: I just tried to pm you, apparently I can't do that yet -- I feel bad clogging up this thread with DW/TW stuff -- do you have AIM? pm me your username and I'll im you with mine if you wanna keep chatting
edit on 2/17/11 by Resolution1441 because: add-on instead of posting new comment

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Hey ATS!! I too just came from "the other site".. I gotta tell ya guys though, this place seems alot better. I'm glad I decided to wander over this direction, so far. I REALLY got sick of the inner breakdown of the other guys and the immaturity of it all. I got banned for posting the first name of a certain guy on the wrong thread. I had been banned before, but they usually got lifted without even explaining why it even happened. This time though, I knew why, and it didn't bother me, but it was the last straw. I got sick of all of their censorship and mind games they were trying to play with people. But, I found this place, and I'm hoping that you guys are alot more respectful and less childish, and I hope you guys didnt sell out like I heard was proposed.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hey, Ellie15, you sent me a message, but I haven't made my 20 posts yet to use the messenger. So, I thought I'd reply on here being this was the thread you were asking about.

Well, being that Im new here and still not sure of the site politics and rules, all I can tell you is that the site I and OP refer to is GLP. Look it up.

It came to my attention that there is a vast conspiracy surrounding that site alone. One Jason Lucas is the owner of that site, and at one point it was rumored that he tried to by ATS as well.
Funny thing is, I happened to mention to the Forum Admin. that it didn't make sense that one of the emails he was parading around as evidence of internet stalking and psyops, was really LACK of evidence, and it didn't make sense that it was sent to him rather than this Jason guy. That, got me banned. You cannot speak of the that guy, or the goings on involving the site, or even disagree with the Admins. or your banned.

That being said, I know alot of people from that site often coem here as well. And, as I said before, Im still new and not sure how things work around here, form all I know, this post may never be posted and I could be banned. But, Im hoping for a lil less censorship here. I mean, you guys do boast that your the best, lets just hope that you don't have a problem with a lil critisism as well.

Anyway, I hope that answers your questions. If not just lemme know what I can do to help inform you.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!
I look forward to reading some of your posts.

new topics

top topics

join