It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighter Sick Time Under Major Scrutiny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Firefighter Sick Time Under Major Scrutiny

www.8newsnow.com

LAS VEGAS -- Clark County commissioners believe they have heard more evidence proving a firefighter conspiracy to rob taxpayers. Commissioners were surprised to hear of the existence of sick rosters given to firefighters as recently as 2009.

A sick roster is a secret calendar between firefighters letting them know when somebody will collect overtime. The county's fire chief admits these sick rosters existed.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Wonderful.

So LVFD has been running a nice little overtime scam of the tax-payers, refered to as a 'secret conspiracy' and is now under investigation.

The reference to them likely RETIRING before they can get caught is bound to happen, I would imagine. Gotta hurry up and collect that pension too, before you're scheme is uncovered.

Makes you wonder just how often this type of stuff may be going on, and we never find out about it.

www.8newsnow.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

And anyone caught participating that retires should lose the full pension, or it becomes state endorsed theivery.

Would also send the message that this is ok, propogating the spread of this behaviour.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Why do you think there are so many applicatants for these jobs?
And it is many times a fact there are generations of them all getting the same illicit perks.
The whol public service thing is a scam!
I have never seen a lazier more non productive bunch than low level service jobs, unless you count the management too......
I think that few goverment workers would make it out in the real world of work foe pay,but thats just me....
The cops the EMTs, the whole public sector are always milkin it....its a fact of life.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Im quite sure that this happens pretty much everywhere it can. If there exists a way to screw people out of money or property or both, then someone, somewhere will do it. Corruption is the cancer that has been eating away the infrastructure of civilization, since civilization was created. This will not stop any time soon, if ever at all. As for these firefighters, they should be tracked, found out, and should have to pay back the taxpayers with interest, as well as jail time, and fines for abusing their power, positions, and the general trust of the people they are hired to protect.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Interesting that you bring the generations thing up, as I accidentally discovered this when I was reasearching 9/11 and the Social Security Death Index. I noted that many of the names seemed to be father/son, or at least related. I knew firefighters and cops, as well as military, had a strong familial supporting, but the research I did really brought it to light for me.

So, in essence, it becomes the father teaching to son to steal, in many cases. Speaks a lot of our family units in this country, doesn't it?

Makes one wonder, what will be the next shame the U.S. has to go public? Like was said in the post below yours, corruption is everywhere, if someone has the chance to steal or screw someone else out of something, they will do it.

*shakes head in sadness*

new topics

top topics

join