It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diabetic Survivalist

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KiwiSoul

Thanks KiwiSoul, it was exactly this study that got me thinking. Cheers!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

I don't know if you'll see this or not since this thread is now old. I looked into this further after watching the full video of it and came away with alot of knowledge and desire to know even more. I showed it to my close family as well, because like I've said before while this disease impacts greatest on the one who lives with it.... it's a disease that impacts the whole family as well.

I am such a meat and potatoes kind of woman... this will be very hard for me to implement I'm sure..... but I have several family members who are now interested in trying this out with me. They do this because they love me...and because I love them, I'm willing to try it.

You were correct in that it is very moving and it's amazing just looking at their physical appearance before and after how much more healthy they all looked!!

So thank you again for posting the information!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Starring, flagging, and printing out to give to the (many) diabetics I know - though I am leaving out the SHTF aspect, I'll say something like "what happens if you there is some kind of disaster and can't get your medication".

With the prevalence of diabetes in the US and elsewhere, this is a very good piece of information to have.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by snowbunny414

Glad to see you found the thread and that you found it of value... that's the important thing to me. I hear you about eliminating the SHTF stuff as a lot of people are resistant to that way of thinking and the idea is to get folks thinking in terms of alternatives should the supply become non-existant or unstable and not necessarily the reasons for it becoming such.!! Thanks again for commenting!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone but me is still monitoring this thread or not but I thought it would not hurt to throw this in here, what with the fears over radiation and the usage of KI (Potassium Iodide).

Realtruth has started this thread on the use of KI (they beat me to it actually, I've been working to get info together for days now) and I have posted in their thread as it would pertain to someone with diabetes. I well say again that I am in no way a Dr...but would advise everyone who reads this that has a pre-existing condition of any kind to get educated prior to ingesting any suppliment. My posting in their thread appears about half way down the first page of their thread.

Thread on Potassium Iodide

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Wrong thread... LOL
edit on 4-4-2011 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: Started typing in wrong thread....

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hey, Thanks so much OP and to the other members who contributed. I dont have diabetes, but I think just about everyone knows someone who is. I showed this thread to a friend of mine and I think it opened his eyes a little!

Great job!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectBlue

Hi there! I'm glad that it was of some use. I'm glad that people are still finding this thread and passing along info in it as there were fantastic posts put up by folks. Just as an aside I will say that the use of Jerusalem Artichoke, for me, has shown amazing results. Again, I thank Asktheanimals for that information because it's such a relief to know that even if the herbal suppliment concoction is no longer available I'll be able to still get what I need from right outside my door.

Also, if you are interested in some great information on plants with various medicinal usages Asktheanimals has a couple of great threads up on this.

Wild Edible Plants - A Guide to Safe Gathering and Usage

A Survivalist's Best Friend Is A Weed?

Again, thanks for posting and stay in touch!
~MMIMO

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

edit on 2/4/2012 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
For those type 2s that can not use Metformin and/or Glipizide there is a non diabetes drug that does drop your blood sugar levels.

Its a anti inflammatory drug called Salsalate.
www.annals.org...

I was on Metformin and my doctor had added Glipizide plus had put me on Salsalate for inflammation from my Sarcoidosis and every time i took the salsalate i went hypoglycemia but when i did not take the Salsalate my blood sugar would run around 100-120

I have a brother in law that is allergic to Metformin and after i told him his doctor let him try Salsalate with Glipizide and he is now under control.

This is a surprise to many doctors that have never heard of the blood sugar effects of Salsalate

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I don't know if this post will be read or not but I am Diabetic, along with all the other problems i have
Diabetes runs in my family, my Dad had it, my younger brother has it, and now "lo, and behold" i have it.
I have type 2 diabetes, and it is controlled by a pill which i take at night, it's called "METFORMIN", i used to be on the day time pill but that was causing me excruciating pain in my right lower bowel.
It took the doctor several weeks, and a few scans later before she realised what the problem was the "Numpty" (That's a Scottish word for an Idiot)
Anyway i'm all-right now, but it just goes to show you Doctors don't know everything?. Physician heal thyself.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I am most familiar with the plants in my area, because I grow and wild harvest much of what I use.
I don't know if it grows in your area, but the Native Alaskans have used the inner bark of Devil's Club as an insulin replacement. The therapeutic action is hypoglycemic.

I do not advocate the use of any herbs without the proper training, or practitioner.
However I believe that access to information can give us something to fall back on should we ever need to take our personal health into our own hands.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Bitter melon can be grown locally. Now.. caveat.. it takes extremely bitter... hence, it's name. I was diagnosed as a diabetic type II in 2008. Since then I changed eating habits, exercise, etc.

My favorite supplements that I KNOW drop my sugar:

Bitter melon.. favorite brand solaray drops it 50 points every time. Swanson brand only about 25. I assume it's the purity?

CoQ10 around 400 mg daily.. it lowers the sugar, cholesterol AND blood pressure. Helps if you have weird heart beats or palpitations a LOT.

Olive Leaf Extract - drops my sugars, definitely good for infection both fungal and bacterial as far as I can tell. It can cause some tummy rumbles if you ingest too much without building up to it. Great energy after initial buildup to a "maintenance" dose. Not the easiest to take long term. But awesome for illness. Works wonders for stomache infections. Kills E. coli.

wild Oregano oil - not sure if you can get the plant since grown in I think Meditteranean.. spelled wrong. Brain is aging.. lol

Garlic. Fresh garlic, crush and leave for about 15-20 minutes. Cut up into swallowable sizes and drink lots of water. I, personally, can't stand the flavor of uncooked garlic.. lots of water and no chewing. Can't take too much or it may irritate your stomach lining. There is also garlic oil supplement. Need to start low dosages to figure out tolerance.

I went to the doctor recently.. he says for all intents and purposes I have reversed my diabetes. I A1C hasn't been over 5.8 since initial diagnosis. My endo stated that I was too aggressively diagnosed AND/OR I either actually did what I was supposed to to reverse the diabetes.

My sugar is now self-regulating. I still get false lows but I am working thru that now.

Caveat.. I use these now and about half of these listed above are used in supplement form and I have had to "train" or "teach" my doctors to expand their horizons of medical knowledge. Prescriptions don't work so well on me for some reason. The side effects are usually so much worse than the original issue.

I used CoQ10 and ATP for my heart palpatations I was having even after ablation but it lowers sugar levels and cholesterol. yea!

I used Bitter Melon to lower my sugars when ill which causes sugars to rise to abnormal highs. I think it can help cholesterol?

All of the above mentioned affect your sugar levels.. some have multiple uses such as for antibacterial/antiviral.

edit on 28-10-2012 by mhinsey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I mentioned Jerusalem Artichoke and Kudzu because they both grow wild throughout most of the US.
Do they look promising to you?

Just note that Kudzu reacts in your system like estrogen.. so if you have issues with maybe endometriosis or metabolic syndrome.. you may not want to use. Still researching on the Jerusalem Artichoke.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join