It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Wing "Smearcaster" mocks sexually assaulted journalist

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
As for your (Sara123123) attempt to turn this attack into a religion bashing concept as opposed to the culture clash that it really is, you should spend some time learning from Logan. She would not agree with 99% of what you are posting about the religion of Islam. It is nice to be outraged for the victim up until we start using it to put words in their mouths for them due to our own politically charged aspirations of opinion sway.

Quoted for agreement.

Upon digging deeper into the background of Ms. Schlussel, I'd be remiss not to point out that it is more likely her extreme religious bias more than her political bent that fuels her insensitive bigotry. She has made it her career to attack the Islamic faith as a self appointed avenger of good. In my mind and given her motivations under the auspices of religion, her insensitive remarks are even more troubling. She is a trifecta of sorts, a bigot, a hypocrite and a partisan hack.

I am seeing a few others on this thread with a like minded agenda clamor to support the veiled guise that one brand of religion is perhaps more sinister than another, especially their own. Ethnocentrism much?
edit on 18-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

This is sickening...!!

I really hate to think how this woman would have reacted if Lara had been arrested for adultery and stonned to death the next day by the same mob..!!

I'd say thats why they didn't go to the local police and got out of the country within two hours.

People who use another persons pain and suffering like this are as bad as the mob that did it..!!

On a side note, ms Logan will never be able to return to the Middle East (though she probably won't ever want to). As soon as she crosses into Shira controlled territiry she could very well be arrested for the crime of being raped. In fact I won't be at all surpprised to hear Advocates of Shira law in Egypt, demand her extradition to face Shira trial.

This is a lesson all news agencies should learn from.. Placing female journalists in these situations is just plain stupid...!! Hell putting any journalist in this type of environment is just plain stupid..!!
edit on 2/18/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I have no idea where she gets Islam is the cause of this...when this happens in the usa well make sure shes the first bait joke but it would be funny

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
This is without question one of the most offensive items I've ever read.
I can't imagine anyone being so cruel.....except of course for the other names mentioned in the OP.

At any moment she could learn that one doesn't have to go to Egypt to be raped by "savages".
They are in the parking lots at Walmart, and hanging out on college campuses, in bars with their roofies. Sometimes "home" isn't even a safe place.

What an idiot.

Indeed. During Katrina, how many women were raped in New Orleans? When society's break down, this kind of behavior is going to happen. Some of the police were seen vandalizing stores. It was a free for all until the Army and National Guard showed up. A lot of horror stories never made it to the mainstream media. It terrible to consider. Why does mankind act this way? How do we explain this behavior? Can't just be blamed on the muslims...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn
Why does mankind act this way? How do we explain this behavior?

It all boils down to monkeys.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I began reading this thread to aquire some very basic information, as I was aware of the incident, and I had not seen the deplorable comments by Debbie Schlussel. As I read thru the comments in this thread I became more and more disgusted and in all honesty skipped a few pages and then decided to move on to another topic. As I began paging through a few other items I thought more about the way we, ATS members, have treated this and it began to bother me more and more...so now I am here putting in my opinion. I am sure it will upset a few, but it is "my" opinion and I feel a need to try and communicate it as best I can.

We have taken a truly horrible event and turned it into a political/ideological debate. I do understand that there is no room in a decent society for the actions and comments of Schlussel, but I am also upset at was has been done with this topic/thread. A woman, not a reporter, was raped! She is a human being people. Left, right, or in the middle really doesn't matter on this one. I am all for political debate and look forward to becoming involved in much of it in this forum, but this is neither the instance or circumstance for that.

To me this isn't politics to be debated. It isn't a topic to build an ideological debate around. This incident speaks to the human condition! The debate that this has been turned into here only gives this Schlussel woman more of the attention she was looking for when she made the comments.

Unfortuantely, in my opinion, this only serves to worsen the tradgedy that took place...and Lara deserves better than that. My best guess would be she does not consider what happened to her political or ideological.....she was raped folks! Let's not lose sight of what is truly the tradgedy here.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
++++++++++++++++++++ UPDATE +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For sake of clarity. There appear to be conflicting accounts of the attack. Admittedly I had stated raped in OP based on current information at time of posting. Nonetheless it in no way diminishes the comments of Ms Schlussel. However as OP it is incumbent upon me to update the thread in the spirit of truth and honesty. I regret my oversight to not vett all facts in my haste to post but stand by my consternation of Ms Schlussel. Here is just a small sample of contradictory reports:

The assault lasted for up to half an hour, but was not thought to be a rape.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

CBS News correspondent Lara Logan was assaulted and sexually abused by an Egyptian crowd last week during the celebration of President Hosni Mubarak's decision to step aside.
She was surrounded and suffered a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating.

abcnews.go.com...

CBS reporter Lara Logan was in Tahrir Square after Mubarak stepped down. In the frenzy that followed she was raped and beaten by the peaceful Egyptian protesters.

redwhitebluenews.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

Originally posted by wrkn4livn
Why does mankind act this way? How do we explain this behavior?

It all boils down to monkeys.

When I see a post / video as powerful as this go over a day without a Star it makes me wonder about the legitamacy of the rating system. Thanks for an eye opening contribution, first star from me. And since I rarely obey rules, heres a few more.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/efb2e2ceddf8.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 19-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

All you flaming Liberal hypocrites need to stop pointing fingers.Here's Liberal journalist and NYU professor Nir Rosen's wonderful comments about the assault on Logan during the protest:
(WARNING: Graphic Language/Subject Matter)

rightcoastconservative.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Thanks for your reply.

I've wasted no time in reading it.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138

All you flaming Liberal hypocrites need to stop pointing fingers.Here's Liberal journalist and NYU professor Nir Rosen's wonderful comments about the assault on Logan during the protest:
(WARNING: Graphic Language/Subject Matter)

rightcoastconservative.blogspot.com...

He calls her a warmonger, apologizes. He belittles the attacks as something more common, then apologizes. He points out he is upset about her role in promoting war through her careear, then laments his insensitivity. It is a hodge podge of bipolar emotions about her role as a journalist in the past. Not really the same thing as the OP but not exactly pretty either. You want him condemned as well? Poof! There you go. Want to debate the actual content of his tweets? Start that thread. It could be interesting. Perhaps you were just looking to quell talk you find opositional though and not really interested in exploring the content of your blog article?
edit on 19-2-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tharsis
Well, this lady is entitled to her opinion.

Calling her the lowest of the low would mean that people that commit the gang rape are better than she is. Priorities, anyone?

Words are insight into character. Obviously she needs some sensitivity training.

She needs a darn sight more than 'sensitivity training'! It's obviously political, pure and simple, and she's let her right-wing, pro-Israel anti-Islam politics lead her into spite and hatred.
V.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nocents
Headline from wnd "left-wing journalist mocks assaulted CBS newsgal, quits"
www.wnd.com...

WTF is a 'newsgal'? What an insulting designation..
Vicky

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

As opposed to the Left-wing spite and hatred? Please read my post above....

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join