It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Wing "Smearcaster" mocks sexually assaulted journalist

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
reply to post by Califemme

I am not convservative, nor am I liberal. I personally think the woman's comments are attrocious and a disgrace to her gender. That being said, of course, she has the right to day it. It's just sad to see others applauding her for the comment.

Who's applauding? Please point them out, that's disgraceful.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Califemme

I am not convservative, nor am I liberal. I personally think the woman's comments are attrocious and a disgrace to her gender. That being said, of course, she has the right to day it. It's just sad to see others applauding her for the comment.

Perhaps your prior quote:

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm a conservative as well, and I do NOT denounce what she said.....

Granted you went on to defend her right to say it but given the opportunity to denounce it, you refused. Back pedal much? Can you ride a unicycle while juggling too?

edit on 17-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Gotta stop using big words like "denounce", or you're gonna confuse people...

edit on 2/17/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This lady is just mad because if she had been there, no one would have raped her due to how fugly she is. She is jealous and thats it.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm a conservative as well, and I do NOT denounce what she said.....

Granted you went on to defend her right to say it but given the opportunity to denounce it, you refused. Back pedal much? Can you ride a unicycle while juggling too?

de·nounce/diˈnouns/Verb
1. Publicly declare to be wrong or evil.
2. Inform against.

ap·plaud/əˈplôd/Verb
1. Show approval or praise by clapping: "the crowd whistled and applauded"; "his speech was loudly applauded".
2. Show strong approval of (a person or action); praise: "Jill applauded the decision".

Show ME where I showed approval or praise. You're nothing but a worthless bunch of cowardly liars who try and trap people with your stupid word games. Bring. It. On.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

It's just sad to see others applauding her for the comment.

You said OTHERS were applauding Debbie Schlussel. Plural. So you picked me, and that's a FAIL but who else?

I also said after 8 years of putting up with Bush-bashing that we conservatives need not denounce anything. Conservatives believe in the INDIVIDUAL. As in, if you don't like what someone said, then your problem is with that INDIVIDUAL. Noone else.

Coward. You are trying to take everything out of context. If you can't have a grown up conversation, then grown ups will not talk to you. Consider this the end for you and me. Sad, I know.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Califemme because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2011 by Califemme because: I mistakenly attributed this quote originally to Kinda Kurious. I'm sorry for doing so.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I wouldn't be surprised to see her employer do so though. Remember, it ain't news, its News Entertainment!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You have misattributed a quote that I did not make. I DO NOT think it was intentional but would appreciate it if you would reformat or revise your post. I NEVER accused anyone of applauding. NOT MY WORDS.

Perhaps you are referring to this post:

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

You're being dishonest here, and falsely attributing the quoted portion to kinda kurious.

It was rogerstigers that said the "others" comment, and you're now bringing personal attacks against kinda kurious (calling him a "coward") for something rogerstigers said. Name calling has no place in reasonable discussion.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

You're being dishonest here, and falsely attributing the quoted portion to kinda kurious.

It was rogerstigers that said the "others" comment, and you're now bringing personal attacks against kinda kurious (calling him a "coward") for something rogerstigers said. Name calling has no place in reasonable discussion.

Indeed and since I have no further patience for the conversation, I have chosen to leave it. I will not name names as to who is applauding. If you did not "applaude" her comments, then you are not the target of my angst. Leave it at that.
edit on 2-17-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Thank you.

You're welcome, and I do sincerely apologize. Sometimes it's hard when many posters are piling on to keep it straight where it's coming from, but it is not my intention to misquote or misattribute words to you that are not your own. Neither do you deserve it. Thank you for messaging me and letting me know.

Again, I apologize. PEACE.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

And while we're at it, it seems YOU DID accuse me of "applauding" by referencing an earlier quote of mine which in no way says I applaud or commend Ms. Schlussel's comments.

So, bring it on. What else have you got?
edit on 17-2-2011 by Califemme because: I must.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Honesty. That is a refreshing display of decency. I appreciate it. One of my fav quotes:

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest. --Unknown.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

edit on 2/17/11 by redmage because: Seems that a modicum of sanity has returned

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

And while we're at it, it seems YOU DID accuse me of "applauding" by referencing an earlier quote of mine which in no way says I applaud or commend Ms. Schlussel's comments.

Please don't ruin the moment. Can't we end on a positive note?

I've admitted that my OP was infused with outrage and displayed bias. Too late to edit that. However Ms. Schlussel's words are her own and that is the point of this thread. I had pleaded for others with a Right bent to denounce them. But none did without condition. So be it. The silence is deafening. But thanks again for fixing your quote.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Please don't ruin the moment. Can't we end on a positive note?

I've admitted that my OP was infused with outrage and displayed bias. Too late to edit that. However Ms. Schlussel's words are her own and that is the point of this thread. I had pleaded for others with a Right bent to denounce them. But none did without condition. So be it. The silence is deafening. But thanks again for fixing your quote.

Thank you for admitting that you were mad and biased when you started this thread. Your honesty is valued and refreshing as well.

I take back the bring it on. If you want to end this peacefully, so do I. I did not applaud her comments.

I agree that Ms. Schlussels comments are outrageous, but she does have the right to speak her mind. PEACE OUT.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I agree that Ms. Schlussels comments are outrageous, but she does have the right to speak her mind.

I commend you.

After publicly declaring you would "NOT" denounce Ms. Schlussels comments, you've come to your senses and done so.

It's good to see that you're not as unreasonable as your earlier post appeared to be.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123

If you denounced the Muslims who, in an Islamic mob frenzy, actually beat and raped the poor woman as earnestly as you try to smear your political opponents in the US over a crime committed in Egypt, someone might take you seriously. You are a tad overwrought and too extremely partisan to be taken seriously here.

The media was playing games with pretending the protestors are not extreme Muslims. We even had the head of TSA claim the Muslim Brotherhood is secular last week in front of Congress.

When people believe these lies of "peace, peace", they put themselves in serious danger. No way I would be over in Egypt standing in a hoard of jacked up Muslims because I know better. Now this poor woman knows better, too. Politically correct propaganda promises an education in the school of hard knocks. Slogans and brainless head nodding are no way to make it through life nor to maintain liberty. Islam is not a "relgion of peace." Bush lied and Obama and his echo chamber has taken the lie to new heights.

Bravo!! Well said! To hear all these people who think the "victim" played no part in this is just stupid. I don't think it was "brave" or even "courageous" to report on this story from Cairo, with all the protests. I mean come on, first there were riots and protests with gunfire, then Anderson Cooper gets beat up, then Greg Palkot and his camera guy are beaten and threatened with beheading, but somehow Lara Logan, woman of steel decides it's not too dangerous for her?

What happened to Lara Logan was terrible. The brave Eqyptian women who saved her ought to be commended and given medals.

"Politically correct propaganda promises an education in the school of hard knocks. " - This is inspired genius. I may have to steal it

Yes, what they did to that poor woman was horrendous. What Islamic societies do to women on a daily basis is horrendous. Even though no one is mentioning this right now, I would bet in the future there will be no American women reporting in the midst of Muslim "protest" mobs. They surrounded her and began yelling "Jew, Jew!" This woman was tortured, and came close to being slaughtered by the religion of pieces. She's suffering from "internal injuries" and they reported she won't be returning to work for a long time. She was terrorized.

Those Western women who deny the reality of the abusive nature of Islamic society are dancing with death. Those men who deny the truth about Islam's treatment of females don't care much about women at all. I appreciate you standing up for the truth, here.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

reply to post by sara123123

OMG!! FEAR FEAR!!

Please.

So journalists should not go into the field in war times because they might get shot? How about female reporters in the US should not go into gang infested areas because they might get raped?

Blame the victim. She knew it might possibly could have maybe happened, therefore she should have quit her job instead of standing up in the middle of a large group of unknown peoples and try to give us the news, huh?

She did her job. She knew the risks and she courageously went anyway. She is not to blame. The small group of men who commited this act are to blame.

Don't be so inane as to compare anything we have in the United States to a Muslim society when it comes to the danger presented to women. I would be willing to wager that there will be no more American female reporters put into that kind of Muslim mob scene again. They surrounded her like freaks of nature screeching "Jew! Jew!" The woman has been hospitalized with internal injuries and she is absolutely terrorized.

Is she to blame for the horrendous crime committed against her? No! No woman who is beaten, tortured or slaughtered by Islam deserves to be mistreated like that by Muslims but it happens every day in Islamic nations under Shria law. I am not sure what you are cheering about that. It is a tragedy. It was a mistake to put an American female reporter there given what is KNOWN about Muslim societies and their abuse of women and hatred of Americans. You can bet that none of her friends and family are cheering with you. I just hope she comes through this toture alright.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123
It was a mistake to put an American female reporter there given what is KNOWN about Muslim societies and their abuse of women and hatred of Americans.

With all due respect, your posts seem quite emotionally uninformed. Having followed Logan for many years now I feel it is necessary to point out that as a veteran war correspondent in the ME, she was not PUT anywhere she was not asking to be herself. As for your attempt to turn this attack into a religion bashing concept as opposed to the culture clash that it really is, you should spend some time learning from Logan. She would not agree with 99% of what you are posting about the religion of Islam. It is nice to be outraged for the victim up until we start using it to put words in their mouths for them due to our own politically charged aspirations of opinion sway.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join