It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Wing "Smearcaster" mocks sexually assaulted journalist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Not finished yet.
Still wondering how from a post about one individuals actions, a larger group of people are then guilty?
Still haven't shown me that.

How about this? "Noted republican blogger mocks sexual assault". and then proceed in what she, the lone person here stated. That is correct. Instead of adding "Hannity, Rush" and so on as to who she has talked to in the past.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

However, aren't you guilty of doing the same ( albeit on a much lesser level ) ?
You appear to be exploiting this crime, and someone's reaction to it, and using it as a weapon for political baiting.

I don't do partisan politics, and I'm neither ''left'' or ''right'', but it just seems to me that your intentions of posting this story are more about belittling those of a certain political perspective than a general outrage at this woman's comments.

Well said. As far as I am concerned this is a new low for the Bankster's propaganda machine. It has nothing to do with ''left'' or ''right" I wish people would wise up to the ''left'' or ''right" divide and conquer crap.

U.S. Congressional Record February 9, 1917: J.P. Morgan interests bought 25 of America's leading newspapers, and inserted their own editors, in order to control the media. www.mindfully.org...

JP Morgan: Our next big media player? (April 13, 2010) JP Morgan controls 54 U.S. daily newspapers,and owns 31 television stations. www.newsandtech.com...

Media Conglomerates, Mergers, Concentration of Ownership: www.globalissues.org...

Who controls the media: www.nowfoundation.org...

Interlocking Directorates
Media corporations share members of the board of directors with a variety of other large corporations, including banks, investment companies, oil companies, health care and pharmaceutical companies and technology companies. This list shows board interlocks for the following major media interests:
www.fair.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
reply to post by macman

haha I never read The Blaze. I may now for a weekly giggle.

You do have a solid point in that anyone using a sexual assault for their own political agenda is just disgusting. I can see what Rosen is getting at even. He doesn't like the fact that Lara may well use this incident to push her own agenda as she is painted as a martyr and a hero for withstanding the brutal attack for the principals of liberty.

It's all disgusting and perfectly shows how utterly confused and divided people truly are.

I hardly doubt that Lara Logan will use it for any type of gain.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Probably not, but others will. That is exactly why Rosen was tweeting. He wasn't actually thinking that she was traumatized.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

A woman was raped, and people from both wings are using that to score political points, and make claims and counter-claims.

I think that it's repugnant.

If people like Ann Coulter and Glenn Beck are echoing this woman's comments then that reflects badly on them and people who would defend these comments. It's not justification for tarring people of one political persuasion with the same brush.

If someone from the left had made similar comments, then rest assured, one of the more right-leaning ATSers would have gleefully posted it and tarred all left-wingers with the same brush.

All partisan political arguments are childish and self-defeating, but the subject matter of this one really sets a new low in what people will do to score ''political'' points.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I agree.
I have heard it talked about on the Radio, and in all instances the people have stated what an awful thing it was. In reference to the Rape.

If people use it to score points, then yes they are wrong.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

For the most part this revolution hasn’t been violent at all except for the Mubarak supporters; it isn’t surprising that there is an exception although for all I know this might be the Mubarak supporters. Even if it isn’t it is probably because of the way Mubarak maintained a violent culture by using violence to suppress his people. Not that I would expect someone like Debbie Schlussel to understand that she was probably also raised in an authoritarian manner that teaches that violence and coercion is the only way to accomplish their goals.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
the reporter in question should be brought to legal proceedings for harassment, not to mention calling an entire country savages, I would go out of my way to avoid this 'reporters' storys.

second line.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

And as much as I like Alex Jone, he just commented crassly on the same subject. His point was well made, just tacky.

Jason

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

What utterly disgusting behaviour. She should be ashamed of herself! Lara knowing the risks or not took that risk to bring us coverage. To keep the people informed. She DID NOT deserve being raped.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

If you denounced the Muslims who, in an Islamic mob frenzy, actually beat and raped the poor woman as earnestly as you try to smear your political opponents in the US over a crime committed in Egypt, someone might take you seriously. You are a tad overwrought and too extremely partisan to be taken seriously here.

The media was playing games with pretending the protestors are not extreme Muslims. We even had the head of TSA claim the Muslim Brotherhood is secular last week in front of Congress.

When people believe these lies of "peace, peace", they put themselves in serious danger. No way I would be over in Egypt standing in a hoard of jacked up Muslims because I know better. Now this poor woman knows better, too. Politically correct propaganda promises an education in the school of hard knocks. Slogans and brainless head nodding are no way to make it through life nor to maintain liberty. Islam is not a "relgion of peace." Bush lied and Obama and his echo chamber has taken the lie to new heights.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I notice that on her site's About Debbie...

She [Debbie] has gone undercover, infiltrating many Muslim organizations in the Detroit area (the heart of Islamic America), exposing their radical nature and support for terrorism.

Seems Debbie is no stranger to poking around where she's 'unwanted'.

I can't help but wonder if... when Debbie is attacked on one of these undercover excursions (after all, if Muslims are even half as bad as she makes them out to be, then it's only a matter of time) will she continue with the same victim blaming attitude that she's putting forth against Logan.
edit on 2/17/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Wow.. I cannot believe this pathetic excuse for a lifeform wants to justify her actions by saying "That's what all muslims do!" If that was the case then I want her to explain the following:

In the crush of the mob, [Logan] was separated from her crew. She was surounded and suffered a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating before being saved by a group of women and an estimated 20 Egyptian soldiers.

www.cbsnews.com...

Oh, wait, I know.. it was all Jewish and American women and all the Egyptian soldiers were Coptic Christians, right?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

That is crazy! The part that is strangest is when she says praise Allah in Arabic. It's pretty obvious what the Fox reporter is trying to do. She's trying to get our fanatic Christians to side up with their Islamic fundamentalists and I am a little bit pissed.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123

If you denounced the Muslims who, in an Islamic mob frenzy, actually beat and raped the poor woman as earnestly as you try to smear your political opponents in the US over a crime committed in Egypt, someone might take you seriously.

I am not a politician. I do not have "political opponents." I feel the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of respondents to this thread who share my outrage also share my seriousness. Assuming you are a female by your screen name, I find it more outrageous you defend your blind allegiance rather than evoke a shred of empathy for the reporter.

No way I would be over in Egypt standing in a hoard of jacked up Muslims because I know better. Now this poor woman knows better, too.

Wow, you are sounding a bit like Ms. Schlussel. The difference between you and the reporter who put herself in harm's way is that SHE had courage while YOU cast aspersions from the safety and comfort provided by internet anonymity. By any stretch of the imagination, you cannot even compare yourself to her.

I find the balance of your views repugnant.
edit on 17-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: adjust layout

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

OMG!! FEAR FEAR!!

Please.

So journalists should not go into the field in war times because they might get shot? How about female reporters in the US should not go into gang infested areas because they might get raped?

Blame the victim. She knew it might possibly could have maybe happened, therefore she should have quit her job instead of standing up in the middle of a large group of unknown peoples and try to give us the news, huh?

She did her job. She knew the risks and she courageously went anyway. She is not to blame. The small group of men who commited this act are to blame.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
RELATED:
More Right Wing Smearmongering. But what can you expect from FOX NEWS?
Adding a question mark to arouse suspicion of validity. Propaganda 101.

Logan's Sexual Assault Brings Wave Of Blaming The Victim And Other Ugliness

During a news brief on this morning's Fox & Friends, Gretchen Carlson reported that CBS correspondent Lara Logan had been "beaten and sexually assaulted by a mob of men while covering the political uprising in Egypt." While Carlson reported the story as nothing but factual, during her report, the onscreen text read, "Journalist Assaulted in Egypt?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7cfbdbe90b26.jpg[/atsimg]

mediamatters.org...

This whole debacle reminds me of a recent complaint by my elderly mother who is in a nursing home: "The food is awful and the portions are too big."

edit on 17-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

I would include a quote first then reply but TPTB on the ATS get in a tizzy, so consider what the original OP said quoted. Thanks.

No, I will not denounce what she said. Liberals never denounce their offenders and then they join in the offending. Their leader Obama does it all the time. My suggestion.. Time to grew up and learn to take it if you insist on dishing it out.

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm a conservative as well, and I do NOT denounce what she said. It is her right to say it. You may not agree, I may not agree, but she has the right to say it. So did Nir Rosen, the LIBERAL scumbag contributor from Time, Atlantic Monthly, the Washington Post, New York Times Magazine and Harper's. And YOU have the right to be upset by it. Now get over it.

Sheesh, after 8 years of Bush Derangement Syndrome accompanied by constant Bush-Bashing, it's amazing what thin skins you lefties have. Grow up.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Califemme

I am not convservative, nor am I liberal. I personally think the woman's comments are attrocious and a disgrace to her gender. That being said, of course, she has the right to day it. It's just sad to see others applauding her for the comment.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123

If you denounced the Muslims who, in an Islamic mob frenzy, actually beat and raped the poor woman as earnestly as you try to smear your political opponents in the US over a crime committed in Egypt, someone might take you seriously. You are a tad overwrought and too extremely partisan to be taken seriously here.

The media was playing games with pretending the protestors are not extreme Muslims. We even had the head of TSA claim the Muslim Brotherhood is secular last week in front of Congress.

When people believe these lies of "peace, peace", they put themselves in serious danger. No way I would be over in Egypt standing in a hoard of jacked up Muslims because I know better. Now this poor woman knows better, too. Politically correct propaganda promises an education in the school of hard knocks. Slogans and brainless head nodding are no way to make it through life nor to maintain liberty. Islam is not a "relgion of peace." Bush lied and Obama and his echo chamber has taken the lie to new heights.

Bravo!! Well said! To hear all these people who think the "victim" played no part in this is just stupid. I don't think it was "brave" or even "courageous" to report on this story from Cairo, with all the protests. I mean come on, first there were riots and protests with gunfire, then Anderson Cooper gets beat up, then Greg Palkot and his camera guy are beaten and threatened with beheading, but somehow Lara Logan, woman of steel decides it's not too dangerous for her?

What happened to Lara Logan was terrible. The brave Eqyptian women who saved her ought to be commended and given medals.

"Politically correct propaganda promises an education in the school of hard knocks. " - This is inspired genius. I may have to steal it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join