It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Wing "Smearcaster" mocks sexually assaulted journalist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
BTW, any woman going to an Islamic nation should consider that the men over there consider you to be nothing more than a sub human animal to be taken and treated any way they wish. You are nothing to be respected or admired as in the west where women are treated with more dignity as humans. To them you are cattle. If they rape or kill you, it is no sin to Allah. My advice to women.. stay away from Islamic nations. They care nothing for you.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

So guilt by association huh? You an Obama supporter??

I have yet to hear any of the on air conservative radio hosts say anything close to what she stated.
If I am wrong on this instance, please provide your proof.

Again, don't group everyone you don't like with this woman.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah.
Wow, you are the prime example of the leftist/liberal hypocrisy.
You preach tolerance, peace and so on then go about your soap box rant on BS made up feelings.

I say "sure sure" to you.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
How about the NYU fellow that is a self proclaimed liberal that remarked on his tweeter account regarding this?
Why not bring that to light as well?
He has since resigned because of his appalling remarks.
Where is the outrage on him?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'm a conservative and I don't defend this lady or her comments. I've never heard of her but she does not sound like anyone I would label conservative.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Guilt by association can be a fallacy, of course, but there are times when it is either exactly the right call or leads us to further digging that uncovers the truth. The company one keeps is important for many reasons—some obvious and some apparently not so obvious.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Do you still beat your wife? (Inference / Fallacy / Strawman) back at ya. Scuse me but this thread is about aspersions cast by a known conservative pundit. It is not about who I support as POTUS. "Guilt by Association" would be a valid criticism if her partners in crime renounced her vitriol rather than capitalize on it. Any decent, moral human would denounce her statements. I'm not holding my breath.

The woman is a heartless bigot, I merely quoted HER WORDS. I have always felt that truth can withstand great scrutiny and stand ready to defend. Bring it.

edit on 17-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I propose a new law that if a vote of the majority of your peers is taken and a 75% positive agenda is decided, a person should have the right to kill the loudmouth without consequences just on general principal. Yea, she was free to say it, but in this case, I vote for the "she needed killin" defense.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I honestly don't know what's worse at this point. The fact that this woman said some seriously hateful and childish things, or the fact that there are readers here that do not understand that anything wrong was said.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Do you still beat your wife? (Inference / Fallacy / Strawman) back at ya. Scuse me but this thread is about aspersions cast by a known conservative pundit. It is not about who I support as POTUS. "Guilt by Association" would be a valid criticism if her partners in crime renounced her vitriol rather than capitalize on it. Any decent, moral human would denounce her statements. I'm not holding my breath.

The woman is a heartless bigot, I erely quoted HER WORDS. I always felt that truth can withstand grat scrutiny and stand ready to defend. Bring it.

Thanks for proving my point.
A single individual on her own actions. Disgusting at the least.

Don't then paint all those on air that are Rep/Con as being with her on this issue.
That is the mistake.

Again, where is your outrage for what the NYU fellow stated about this? His comments were worse then this woman's moronic statement.

edit on 17-2-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

What did the NYU fellow say? I would like to know how many disgusting thoughts are floating around about this is.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think the real issue here is this smearcaster (nice name btw) is praising muburak. So she tells Laura she put herself at risk for going to a country in protest, that is not entirely untrue, the smearcaster is an Islamaphobe, but lo and behold, not anti-Islamist against Mubarak, surprise, surprise.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

He says that at the moment we martyr her, we shouldn't forget that she's a war monger.

While that's not pertinent to the issue of her being sexually assaulted, I would definitely say that it's nowhere near as wrong as using the incident to call all Muslims evil and to say that Mubarak had the Muslim animals in check when he was in charge. To call Lara's assault a "liberation" is just disgusting.
Rosen is a jerkoff too though for sure. This shouldn't be about partisan bedate. It should be about ethical behavior.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Still waiting on the outrage from the NYU fellow......................................

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Headline from wnd "left-wing journalist mocks assaulted CBS newsgal, quits"
www.wnd.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I don't find his comments nearly as outrageous. They're wrong, but he didn't use the opportunity to paint an entire religion with the animalistic rape brush.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
His actual tweets.
Yes I know one is the blaze, sue me.

www.theblaze.com...

www.nationalreview.com...

Both are wrong and disgusting.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Don't then paint all those on air that are Rep/Con as being with her on this issue.

I replied to a prior post of yours presenting examples to the other smearmongers she is aligned with. NONE of the aforementioned have renounced her sentiments thus far which to me translates to agreement by silence.

Again, where is your outrage for what the NYU fellow stated about this? His comments were worse then this woman's moronic statement.

I encourage you to start a thread about it rather than derail this one. I'll happily oblige. For the record I deplore his statements as well. At least he suffered consequences by losing his job which I doubt will be the case with subject of OP.

Done yet?

edit on 17-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: fix syntax - duh

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

haha I never read The Blaze. I may now for a weekly giggle.

You do have a solid point in that anyone using a sexual assault for their own political agenda is just disgusting. I can see what Rosen is getting at even. He doesn't like the fact that Lara may well use this incident to push her own agenda as she is painted as a martyr and a hero for withstanding the brutal attack for the principals of liberty.

It's all disgusting and perfectly shows how utterly confused and divided people truly are.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join