It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be evidence of a time slip on film?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
That is crazy!
Maybe someone in the production room was inspired by the Charlie Chaplin film set clip.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tonyJ

Good video, but no I think they did that on purpose. Sometimes science shows like that like to mess with your head. It's a green screen. Also notice they added in bike noises, but it sounds more like a crank. It's like they wanted you to see it. They had to have seen that in editing, and so they would have taken it out, kept it secret, and investigated it.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It looks like the film is a backdrop and that it is simply run backwards. If the backdrop is US then the cyclist, (if he had been going in a forward motion, (away from the camera) is correctly in his right lane. Funny though.
edit on 17-2-2011 by smurfy because: Amend.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Just a video trick, you were supposed to notice it, that's why you can hear the bicycle bell ringing, to make you look for a bike.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
its hard to dismiss it as a hoax or as a factual event what with computers now days.the hoaxes are starting to merge with the real events that "might" take place!the fact is you can take any paranormal evidence and find a way to dismiss it as a hoax if you pick at it enough.all it takes is a skeptic with a very expensive editing computer..

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
cool subject though..
edit on 21-2-2011 by paranormal78 because: said the wrong thing

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Does anybody read through a thread before posting these days?
*sigh*
I'm off to Skunk Works.
*shuffles off*

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
its does look like a green screen was used.
Did anyone hear the bell sounds as the bike was going by? It happens twice.

with a joke on the side maybe when she was speaking she was actually talking in reverse.. then the editors reversed the original causing her to talk normal english, which therefore would mean the biker would be peddling backwards.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I noticed a few things. 1)as the cyclist is going backwards his front wheel isnt actually on the ground it seems[but that cant really be explained]
2)she is not actually at that venue she is speaking via greenscreen 3)before the cyclist comes about every second the lighting changes as well as on the pillars if you have really good eyesight or just pay close attention. 4)the cyclist was not coming into view the whole time, it happened abruptly. **CONCLUSION** What she is saying is prerecorded, as she is videotaped and then projected on to the venue background. The venue itself was still-recorded rather than using just a single image of it, so that it could then look more realistic. But they couldnt stay out and tape an empty venue all day, so they relapsed footage from throughout that time frame, again so that it could look realistic. The cyclist happen to be an actual cyclist riding past. He is shown backwards because the frame was reversed to match the lighting of the previous frame to look realistic. The editing team didnt immediately notice the mistake but when they did they figured that it wouldnt be an indepth observation to viewers, figuring that they would be much more focused on Lynn Rothschild and what she was saying rather than the background. So, I figure that its just an error in editing and a somewhat lazy editor who didnt want to reconstruct the scene all over again because it takes lots of work.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by consigliere

Most others, and me, belive it is indeed a hoax. It was supposed to reinforce the point she was talking about with everything seeming to be backwords and all that. Haven't watched the whole video yet XD

Who knows though, it may really be a time slip. But I doubt it, companies like these always watch the camera recordings for things like this in case they need to re-shoot a scene. Green Screen, playing a clip backwords, sound doctoring. With video editing today, something like this would be simple to do.

Still, this dosn't prove that time slips aren't real, it very well could have been. We must always see the possiblities of other things, and, we must always, deny ignorance...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Hi,

I definitely agree about the green screen theory, how the lady is proportioned to the area in the background makes me feel that its a green screen, I think it is more noticeable in some of the other scenes where they are interviewing someone.

If it does turn out to be real then it is pretty fascinating.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tonyJ

Missing shadows and lighting changes in the video make me think it was a bit of video editing. Good video and good catch.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Lots of reference to 'green screen' here! It's actually a very simple split screen effect, with the left hand part of the split being a reversed chunk of video. The right hand side of the soft edged wipe starts on the column and then moves right to left- As previously pointed out,, for a wipe of this type to be fully effective, the light levels need to remain constant, which they don't. Yes, we editors do get bored sometimes, and slip things in for our own amusement! I did something similar last year which involved a man in the background rowing backwards on a river. Sometimes it's an accident - ie if you need a quick shot of a helicopter taking off and all you have is a shot of one landing, you reverse the shot.... and sometimes in the process, you don't see the bird flying backwards in the distance until the program goes out!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Whoah ... 2yr old thread!
[Makes note to check all threads OP's stamps before I start reading in future.]

I watched the video from the recommneded timestamp point onwards and I took and cropped this set of screengrabs and I edited to detail the final 2 sceengrabs for clarity.

Rider 1st appears by the pole ...

Unedited [except to crop] screengrab of the rider.

Edited picture to detail what OL directly notice with shadows etc....

Unedited [except to crop] screengrab of the rider 1second later.

Edited picture to, agian, detail what OL directly notice with shadows etc....

So far and at face value I highly suspect this video due to the lack of an obvious shadow of the bike rider.

Personal Disclosure: Does not seem legit at all!

I hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

As I said - a split screen/soft edged wipe to a reversed bit of video. On an Avid, a novice could learn to do this in ten minutes.
PS There are no missing shadows. The shadows can't be seen because the exposure setting required to show the interviewee clearly has bleached out the background. What has been described as shadows of the columns in previous posts, are not shadows at all - they are the reflections of the columns on the shiny marble floor.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This was aired in the UK I seem to remember throughout the entire show they had little goings ons like this in the background to help reinforce particular points about space/time/universe, visuals aids to maybe help with the concepts that were being discussed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join