It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be evidence of a time slip on film?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
In the interest of being rational and sceptical I have to say Occams razor says not..but who knows?
While watching a great science documentary called 'What we still don't know' something very odd caught my eye.
I was watching Lynn Rothschild speak about alien life, she is sat on a walkway under a row of stone columns. Behind her to the left of the picture a cyclist appears on the road, heres the odd bit, he appears as if by magic from behind the second column from the left and cycles off screen, exit stage left then, nothing odd about that you should think until you realise he is cycling backwards, completely in reverse, an impossible act.
here's the link
www.youtube.com...

The video is 9 min. 25 sec long. He appears at the 6 min. 55 sec. mark.
Enjoy.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Probably a green screen...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Very strange.

I watched it a few times and thought I would catch him riding at an angle that made his appearance from behind one of the middle pillars seem justified...

The angle hes riding at though is almost parallel to the pillar row.

The riding backwards thing is not impossible though.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Impossible in reality, maybe, but not on video. That would be quite easy to do considering the fixed camera. I'm not saying that your analysis is necessarily wrong, I'm just saying that this is an easy camera trick. And considering the "uncertainty" topic of the video, I'd say it's even more likely that it's just there to spark interest.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
wow that does look quite "strange" to say the least!

But as you notice in the bottom left corner the shadow of the column is really bright and as he rides out of screen it goes dark again. also were is his shadow?

Suggesting to me that video editing has been done.

Great find!

edit on 16-2-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tonyJ

Dude,,,WTF. Please tell me that this vid has been doctored. I've tried real hard to see if I can see some sort of evidence of BS.I've seen some wild stuff,,,but this (seriously) has got to be a hoax.I'll just hold on a little while for the rest of the crew to chime in,,,but I'm leaning with hoax. Still gets a S& F though

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
somebody in the editing room was being a prankster!

LOL!!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Embedded for you.

That is very odd. I have no explanation.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
my own opinion is that the editors where having a bit of fun with final cut pro or some such software.
The idea that it is there to give 'interest' I do not find convincing with all due respect: the documentary is already interesting, so is Lynn Rothschild, so some other reason then I'd say.
Odd find though I thought.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Embedded for you.

That is very odd. I have no explanation.

Thank you I'd forgotten how to do that!
edit on 16-2-2011 by tonyJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Very odd, but it's pretty obvious, and makes me wonder why no one would catch it in editing and either confront it, or edit it out. Makes me think it's there on purpose, though not sure what they would be trying to convey there.
Maybe in reference to the subject matter...
Who knows.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

I think Grindhouzer nailed it. The bike scence was filmed at a brighter time in the day. They did a better job of blending the shadows as the bike enters the screen than after the bike leaves the screen.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I watched the video over a few times and concluded she is not sitting in that chair on that veranda, but its being projected. Like a movie does with green screen and they ran the feed backwards.

Only other theory is that she caused a space and time rip that caused that bicyclist to be transported to the scene with a nice sounding chime and going backwards..odd.

Rhain

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

Yep that's it right there, She's a secret Time Lord! I think you've nailed it!

edit on 16-2-2011 by tonyJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This is a very odd video..But i think editing was having a bit of fun it was a good catch though thanks for posting

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I am calling it a post production effect. The positioning and lighting of the lady is sitting in the chair is slightly different to the background. If I had the original video should be able to find some pixel artefacts / bleeding between the lady and the background to confirm it.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
As soon as she says the word CRAZY he pops out from behind the second tier riding the bicycle backwards...You have a good eye my friend...Nice find.....Unknown to me......

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think the bicycle rider is wearing clothes from the past and carrying
a bag? I heard the bicycle bell before he rode into the picture.
(Backwards).
Strange indeed.

Just looked at it again.......It might just be a European country hence
the clothes from the past and them riding differently than we do

(Just kidding), still doesn't explain riding backwards though..........
edit on 16-2-2011 by Mr. D because: Added everything after "indeed.".

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
green screen

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
yes defifintly doctored going from one post to the next takes one sec and there is a cut where the cyclist is removed. but the ring of bike bell smeems to going forward in noise.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join