It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NIH Links Pesticides to Parkinson's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Source

The National Institutes of Health released research Friday that supported earlier research demonstrating a link between two pesticides and Parkinson's disease.

The study showed that people who used either rotenone or paraquat are about two-and-a-half times more likely to develop Parkinson's than people who never used either pesticide.

Pesticides were long suspected to be tied to Parkinson's, at least in part because of the high rate of the disease among farmworkers. Scientists have also been aware for many years that both paraquat and rotenone are neurotoxins that, when given to animals, reproduce features of Parkinson's in the brain.

Paraquat is a weedkiller that is known to increase the production of certain proteins in the brain that damages cells that produce dopamine. People with Parkinson's have a dopamine shortage which causes the motor problems, muscle tremors and rigidity that characterize Parkinson's.

Crazy stuff. I thought I would share this with all of you and let you know what is going on in the world.

Good to know that this stuff is being used in our food just goes to show you how little big corporations care about us. And, after all of this, it probably will not even be banned.

Crazy world we live in.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Hmm, so people who attempt to use a healthy lifestyle and eat their vegetables and fruits just may be the ones that fall victim to this disease.

I would guess that the only cure for this would be to grow your own veggies with your natural own fertilizer, or just eat meat or something.

It would be ironic if the only way to eat healthy was the very way one would kill themselves slowly.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Farmworkers. So who will care? So be it?

I can remember when coc aine was no big deal...until it hit the white middle class, then something had to be done about it. Now with the middle class effectively neutered so they won't put pressure on corporations, what outcry will arise to stop the poisoning? So be it?

Other studies, including one published in July 2006, claim that even low levels of exposure to household pesticides can increase the risk of developing Parkinson's disease.

Eek! An ant!!

And how many home lawns and flower beds will have herbicides used on them this Spring? Maybe these are the real, effective WMDs, Look up the history of the chemical industry and notice the weapons of war and gas chambers are less than six degrees of separation from household pesticides and herbicides.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Maybe this is why MSM has been telling us that fruits and veg are bad for us, because they have been poisoning us with them.

It seems like even if you try and eat healthy your still getting the short end of the stick. They will screw and poison us anyway possible as long as they get the almighty dollar.

Pred...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Thanks for this info. Our elderly family member notified her physician that she had developed symptoms of Parkinsonism, but he replied that his medical group does not provide any evaluation or treatment services for Parkinson's disease sufferers. Something else for you to ask about when interviewing doctors for your elder family members.

After her death, we found numerous cans and types of pesticides around her home. Sadly (i.e., too late to do her any good) we have been able to eliminate insects from her home by improving window screens and door frames. Physical barriers are the best bug barriers.

top topics

join