It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar flares could create auroras over northern U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Solar flares could create auroras over northern U.S.

content.usatoday.com

The sun has unleashed its most powerful solar flare in four years, sending a torrent of charged particles that could bring auroras as far south as Washington, D.C

Earth-bound flares — coronal mass ejections, in non-layman's terms — began erupting Sunday, with the biggest flare since December 2006 recorded Tuesday, NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory reports. Though such magnetic storms can affect communications and power grids (shortwave disruptions were reported today in southern China), no se
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Solar flares, if the powers that be could manipulate such a thing it would be the perfect way to have the internet in a given country shot down as mass deaths and dissent occurs.

Also it can be used domestically
Now..........

EVERYONE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION
*** Stop & Read ***

Please click on the below link:
www.star-people.nl...

The above link has some interesting theories regarding Weather manipulation.

What are your thoughts on this ATS?

content.usatoday.com (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Southern Canada too? We're probably 20 miles or so from the border or less.
edit on 16-2-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Southern Canada too? We're probably 20 miles or so from the border or less.
edit on 16-2-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

lol. If the Northern USA is going to have it, we will definitely see it.

Southern Ontario is just one big chunk of Northern USA that just so happens to be on the wrong side of the Lakes. If they get it, we will get it in spades.

I will certainly be looking out over the next few night.
edit on 16-2-2011 by SPACEYstranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2011 by SPACEYstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I am in northern Indiana and I keep looking out the windows in hopes of seeing aurora's. In my mind I am thinking of possible power outages so I decided in order to prevent surges to unplug everything before bed, at least keeping computer, ham radios, , etc. safe at night. We should feel the effects of the X2.2 flare tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
hope it doesnt nock out satilites

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The aurora forecast from the University of Alaska's Geophysical Insitute sais tonite should be pretty decent to see them. Make sure you're looking North!

I live in Fairbanks so the displays should be pretty awesome.

I've never seen the aurora forecast higher than a 3 (they use a scale from 1-9) since I started looking at the forecast daily in November.

The forecast for tonite, Feb 16th, is a 3. Feb 17th is a 4!! I just hope the skies are clear enough to see them. It was pretty clear here in Fairbanks today so I'm hoping that continues.

You can check out the aurora forecast HERE.

-ChriS
edit on 16-2-2011 by BlasteR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Your under the ice blue dome like base 211 as WW2 prisoners and their offspring.This is admiral vender fry and the galactic federation breaking through their electronic shields in an rescue attempt.The kaleidoscope computer glitch on the dome ceiling making the holograms act different is nothing to be alarmed about.To help you remember faster, run your name through the anagrams to see what branch of service you don't remember yet.We will soon be landing as help from your jedi powers are helping keep the shields down and making rescues possible.Please refrain from flipping your former handlers off and thank you for flying with Altair .

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
i dont know if this is from the solar flare but my sattelite t.v keeps playing up. signal is dropping in and out.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
no northern light last night

bummer

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Did anyone see anything last night?
I mean people in North America?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Live in S. WI. Conveniently we had a ton of chemtrails yesterday, then sudden the the weather alarm went off and a massive fog warning was issued for most of s. WI and N. IL. Sure enough huge fog bank rolled in, then a rain storm over night. hoping it clears off today, and am able to north to see the light show, will let you know how it all turns out.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Not exactly breaking news.

This has been known about for some time now, aurorae have been witnessed many times before, both North and South, way farther down the lattitudes to stable averages in times of CME's/flares etc.

It's been seen from Washington, a search will enlighten.

But we weren't so dependent on electricity back then, of course.

Mind you, over the next 11 year cycle, i'm expecting incidences of the Aurora Borealis to be visible from here in London UK and etc across the lower latitude and strongly visible.

Peace.

edit on 17-2-2011 by DeltaPan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join