It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Member Living On SSI...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
My thoughts have been on this site longer than my name. I registered on 25-12-2010 but haven't really posted so i thought I'd give a proper introduction.
First a little about myself, I'm a former Mensa Member and a High School Drop Out and got my education at Craft School. My name is HeliArc for the fact that i got NCCER certified to be a Tig Welder at 17, now im 19. I was also studying to be a Mechanical and Instrumentation Engineer. i have Asthma and a rare syndrome known as Peutz-Jeghers syndrome (affects 1 out of 25,000-300,000) which is also the main cause of my Cancer. Here is a link to learn about it from Wikipedia "Peutz-Jeghers info". Due to my health I have stopped working and from what i read on this site and around the internet, living on SSI is bad so don't flame me plz

If you wish to know anything else about me just ask...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HeliArc

Welcome. And no one should flame you. SSI is for the sick. I certainly dont begrudge anyone who needs to use it. Im sorry you are so sick so young however. That must be very difficult. I look forward to seeing your posts, and am glad at least you are well enough to join us.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Hello new friend !

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
hello and welcome!

why did you feel like you needed to tell everybody you live on SSI?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS HeliArc ..hope to see you in the forums soon

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
hello and welcome!

well the introduction post is about myself so why not?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Pardon my ignorance, but what is SSI? Is it some sort of US welfare scheme?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballsdeep

yes, it is. it is one of the biggest resource redistribution schemes ever devised by man.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeliArc

hello and welcome!

IDK. it just seems like, out of the universe of things about yourself you could have used as an introductory line, sort of an odd initial comment to make.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeliArc. Due to my health I have stopped working and from what i read on this site and around the internet, living on SSI is bad so don't flame me plz

I don't think anyone minds helping the helpless and people whop have legitimate inability to work - its helping the stupid and cluless that people resent.

Welcome!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HeliArc

Welcome to ATS!
I look forward to reading some of your posts.

link   

Originally posted by HeliArc

hello and welcome!

IDK. it just seems like, out of the universe of things about yourself you could have used as an introductory line, sort of an odd initial comment to make.

well i really don't have anything else and with alot of people on this site against it, i thought i'd just let them know i'm one of those who need and they do have my gratitude for keeping me alive whether they like paying for it or not

link   
reply to post by HeliArc

Hello and welcome to ATS. SSI is for those who have paid into the system and can no longer work to provide for themselves. Most I know are aware that there are legitimate people recieving these benefits.

The rub comes when the man next door collects it because his back keeps him from walking upright, yet every year he can climb a ladder and be seen on his roof stapling down Santa with no problems. That's when most people start getting irate.

Don't let that fear keep you from posting. I am looking forward to reading future posts.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
lol i think you are trying to make people to react...why else would you even mention it?
I think the introduction thread is used more to describe why you joined and you interests in regard to the numerous conspiracies...not to try to enrage users.
I could be wrong bernard........

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hello and welcome friend.Sorry for your disability,but glad you're with us.looking forward to seeing you around.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HeliArc

Welcome.

My condolences to such a young person afflicted by this.I'm sorry that you've been dealt such a horrible hand.As far as SSI,,,its all good bro.I hope its enough to sustain you.I have no problems with any portion of our economy going to those in need. Good Luck

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS my fellow SS recipient.
Which is NOT a wealth redistribution scheme - I paid into mine for 30 years.

Any questions shoot me a u2u message.
It's late and I gotta get some sleep.
Glad you've decided to join us.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
SSA Is Social Security-Retirement

SSI is Social Security Disability-for permanent illnesses mostly, but for temp ones as well.

SO WHAT FRIEND! It does not matter to us! You are welcome as all of us. (Well...some we gotta keep in their places...but they come out too!)

Post away...youre among friends....(and dont let the enemies bug you. They have issues!)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballsdeep

yes, it is. it is one of the biggest resource redistribution schemes ever devised by man.

Quite the contrary....SSI was created to assist those who fell between the cracks...
young HeliArc for example...never had enough time and work experience to
qualify for SSDI (social security disability income)...

from what i understand a person would need to work and pay into SS for a handful
of years before their account would be larger than the absolute minimum of subsistance
income provided by the SSI (Supplimental Security Income) program.

the new member volunteered this info. because from his gleaning from the ATS content
that SSI $ was generally frowned upon...so he decided to level with the community.

~tip of my hat~ to this new member
edit on 17-2-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Welcome!

About your health issue etc, I recommend that you read the book link to Zhuan Falun in my signature below.

It deals with all the questions of human life(how to become a truly good person(and why it is important), regaining your health by purifying mind and body, opening your third eye, developing your supernormal powers etc etc. Zhuan Falun is the main book in the cultivation practice of Falun Dafa(based on Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in daily life). Falun Dafa is now banned and persecuted in China by the communists. It became too big too fast during the 90s when 100 milion people started practicing during 7 years from 1992-1999.

Please also try the exercises of Falun Dafa(PM me for web link) to purify your body. Countless people have cured themselves by practicing Falun Dafa.

I wish you good luck!

/Gaussq

PS: CBS Health watch:

A Very Alternative Approach to Healing

Lara C. Pullen, Medical Writer

Dr. Jingduan Yang may or may not be joking when he explains the rates that he will charge his future patients. Dr. Yang's background is unusual in that it includes an MD (he is currently a psychiatry resident at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) as well as training and experience as a practitioner of Chinese medicine. He claims that once he opens his own private practice he will have three different fees.

He will charge individuals who want Western treatment and pharmaceuticals $200. He says this is justified because they will be depending entirely upon him for their treatment.

If a patient comes to him seeking acupuncture or other traditional medicine, he will charge them $100. Dr. Yang justifies this by saying that the patient will be shouldering half the responsibility for their own wellness by watching their diet and making prescribed changes to their lifestyle in order to heal.

If, however, a patient visits him and wants to learn Falun Dafa, Dr. Yang will teach for free, for however long it takes, because he knows that the patient has assumed complete responsibility for his or her own health and is on the road to wellness.

Falun Dafa was developed in China in 1992 as a new school of the ancient Chinese practice of Qi Gong. Practitioners of Falun Dafa cultivate three fundamental principles: truthfulness, compassion, and forbearance. In a practical sense, this translates into a consciously good-hearted lifestyle combined with exercises reported to draw energy into the body. As implied by Dr. Yang, Falun Dafa is not something that is performed on another (like acupuncture): Rather, it involves living a philosophy and performing a series of specific exercises.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join