It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test your internet security, post results:

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hi I run Ubuntu Lucid Lynx, Firefox 3.6, Add block plus and passed all tests, I know this doesn't make me completely safe but also as a hobbyist myself feel that taking time to research security pays off, I also no longer have antivirus since switching to Ubuntu and "Touch wood" have had no problems. S+F for keeping this sort of topic in the mainstream as people can definitely benefit from a bit of research.

Also, THE_PROFESSIONAL, What are you holding in your avatar

edit on 25-2-2011 by KingAMARU because: I can.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAMARU

Good yea, I have a an Ubuntu disc for emergencies/data recovery. It seems that my windows firewall works pretty well lol. Oh my avatar that is Ron from "Parks and recreation", he always likes food, I believe he is holding a drumstick lol.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Good yea, I have a an Ubuntu disc for emergencies/data recovery. It seems that my windows firewall works pretty well lol. Oh my avatar that is Ron from "Parks and recreation", he always likes food, I believe he is holding a drumstick lol.

I too have the disc, are you sure its a drumstick and not some streaky bacon.

EDIT: I must add that my wife has a laptop far newer and superior to my 8 year old toshiba, she runs Win Vista and mine is far quicker at starting up, yet even though she works in IT doesn't get the whole "Linux" thing, hopefully one day !! "your FREE open office can never be as good as the expen$ive MSOffice"

edit on 25-2-2011 by KingAMARU because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Ahh, I think you might be right, does look like beccon.

If you want the best security I recommend you try a product called "deep freeze" from faronics. Basically waht it does is your computer goes back to what you had upon restart. You can delete the entire windows directory, add 20 viruses, and if you restart the computer, it goes back to the same way you had it set last time.

You can include options to stop the freeze when updating, installing new software etc. I have not had a SINGLE computer virus for 3 years because of the product. If i think I have a virus. Boom restart and it automatically gets deleted. Trust me it is the best invention out there, which is the reason I still use windows.

Trust me hehe. I will be willing to send you a copy of the program for you to try out, trust me this is not for the meek, it is a very secure system, I will be happy to walk you through it.
edit on 25-2-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

That sounds like an interesting program that I will definitely check out, thanks for heads up.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I'm secure !!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join