It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Smart-Phone Application for Dissidents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
To help or to hinder? Either way this application will use various security features such as encryption and proxies and was designed specifically for, and because of, the protesters of Egypt!

At the height of the recent political unrest in Egypt, leaflets warned protesters not to use services like Facebook and Twitter to communicate, for fear of alerting the authorities about their intentions. Two security researchers have now created smart-phone apps that encrypt phone and text communications to offer a secure communication channel in such situations.

The apps use end-to-end encryption and a private proxy server to obfuscate who is communicating with whom, and to secure the contents of messages or phone conversations.

The two-way encryption is based on Zimmerman Realtime Transport Protocol, a proven way of exchanging cryptographic keys in order to establish a secure communication channel.

Source

As I've stated before, what easier way is there to get a non-complying country to meet the foreign policies of another then to get the people to do the job for them. Although this is nothing new (as this used to be done by inserting agents) what IS new is this can now be done by software alone!

What are the ramifications of disseminating and using this type of software? I don't know if this is good or bad but what I do know is that this is now out there in APP form.

Peace & Respect,

AS

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Just what the doctor ordered I think.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

Gee, that sounds like ordering the 1950's Communist Slide Rule.

When you stuck those in your pocket protector, all that showed was the word "communist," then you got fired from your job.

edit on 16-2-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

I'm sorry Chakotay ... Are you suggesting that anyone with an I-Phone or something similar will be watched closely (or worse)?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
BTW for anyone reading .... My OP is (for current political reasons) talking about Iran VS US ....and that is JUST a starting point. I'm NOT stating that Iran is in anyway a country that should be admired (due to Sharia Law/ dictatorship....etc) BUT I am suggesting that this could be a power move by the States to get Iran under control.
edit on 16-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: added

new topics

top topics

join