It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding Public Records

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I was trying to find out what happened to a friend of mine that I grew up with. I found out that he is in jail for 22yrs, but I can't seem to find out what he did. I was wondering is there a way to find the records that you don't have to pay for? I did some research and all I find are sites that want you to pay for the records and there is no gaurantee they even have the info as you can't see anything other then "We found a match". Which just tells me that they are either sincere or trying to get money out of me for nothing. I thought someone here might know a site where you can get that info for free.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If he's local to where you are I would try searching local court records or possible arrest records.Check the local papers most papers have websites these days.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

No this is in another state and it was in 1994. I lost track of him back then and had heard rumors. This is the first time I have been able to find anything on him, but I saw his sentence was 22yrs and it had a case number but I did a search on the local court system web page and it had no records matching.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
If you know where he was convicted,you can try that states records.To get 22 years it would have to be a felony conviction.Would either be in state or federal records.Unless the file was sealed it should be a matter of public record.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Best thing to do is check county records which are free and most counties keep a very updated site like here in Oklahoma for example there is OSCN

OSCN Oklahoma state courts network

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
If he didn't contact you, then why are you meddling in his business? Let the man do his bid in a bit of privacy.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by baked

Well I spent the better part of 16 years as his friend until he moved back home to Colorado with his mom and I never heard from him again. I tried to find out from his family what happened to him but none of them will talk. I don't have to know I guess I was just curious, because I never heard from him again.

I don't consider it meddling, but that is just me. I suppose after the time we knew each-other it counted for something.

new topics

top topics

join