It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist Totally Refuted! (Do not post Zeitgeist BS ever again)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

I have seen Zeitgeist. However, please stop asserting there is evidence and just simply post it. Where it Zeitgeist does it refer to what you're talking about? Just go ahead and post the evidence. And explain how it proves Jesus never existed.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar
reply to post by tinfoilman

No this thread focuses on religion in zeitgeist, not zeitgeist, which is a very unimportant part of the movie, you've made no valid points that I've read, just stupid BS.

I'm not trying to make points. I'm trying to get YOU to post evidence that proves the OP's video wrong? I'm just asking for evidence from the other side. Where is it?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I think there are lies mixed in with truths, so it can't be totally refuted IMO. Which is which is for the viewer to figure out.

The problem I have with Zeitgeist is the obvious agenda behind it. Still an interesting watch though.

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I think there are lies mixed in with truths, so it can't be totally refuted IMO. Which is which is for the viewer to figure out.

The problem I have with Zeitgeist is the obvious agenda behind it. Still an interesting watch though.

Peace

Totally agree with you!
When I watch Zeitgeist I always feel like I am being lied to with the truth, or some of the truth.
It always does sadden me to see religious people freak out about these kind of movies or info.
Take a freaking chill pill people, it's somebodies opinion!

But some religious types are known to have a short fuse when it comes to these type of things.
Ready to grab the pitchfork and torches and burn the witches. Not saying that all religious people are like this or even that the OP is like this. Or calling Harry Potter and the people that read it satanists and occultist whores etc.

I just feel you could spend your time doing something more important with your time instead of crying over something or somebody who doesn't agree with the way you see things or where told to see things.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Thats a bit lazy dont you think?

We're discussing Zeitgeist and you're attempting to refute it. But if you don't even know what it says then should you be doing so? Watch Zeitgeist again and pay closer attention to the evidence presented. Do the research. I'll give you a head start, however. The references to the words of the early church fathers which support Zeitgeists premise include those of Justin Martyr.

I'll perhaps look around and post some quotes too, but you should really familiarize yourself with the topic of this thread, and do the work yourself before weighing in. Zeitgeists evidence is the topic. I shouldn't have to recreate Zeitgeist for you here.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman

No this thread focuses on religion in zeitgeist, not zeitgeist, which is a very unimportant part of the movie, you've made no valid points that I've read, just stupid BS.

I'm not trying to make points. I'm trying to get YOU to post evidence that proves the OP's video wrong? I'm just asking for evidence from the other side. Where is it?

It must just be me, but religion in zeitgeist was such a small unimportant part of the movie, I think I even skipped past it all, ITS THE SAME AS VOTING ON WRESTLING, It has zero factual values, its just stories, that were passed down by your mothers and fathers even till this "modern" world. Anybody who argues points about religion is somebody that I don't want to be around at all, or really even talk to for that matter.

Just because something is tradition and your mothers and fathers did it before you did, does not make something justifiable. What is it like 90% of the world is religious in some way? That does not give you some special pass to spread your religious plagues, just because YOU believe something does not mean I cannot call you an idiot for doing so, If you cannot see this than I'm sorry but you've been taken already by the tradition in your culture.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
How can a book that basically should start out with "Once upon a Time" ,
cause so much death and pain and destruction and yet be held to be the cure for the very same?

Youre asking me to use smoke and mirrors to remove smoke and mirrors !
I Love it,
dysfunction cures dysfunction.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think the Zeitgeist movies have good information and points when it comes to stuff that has happened in the last 100 years... but as soon as it starts to go back in time, it loses its credibility.

I remember watching the whole "horus is Jesus" stuff, and pausing the film and looking it up. It took me less than 10 seconds to figure out the movie was totally off the mark.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Maybe start here with a handfull of quotes from early church fathers, which formed the basis of some Zeitgeists evidence and some of which was quoted in the film.

Early Christian admission of and excuses for striking similarities between Christianity and older, pagan mythologies.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
nevermind the fact that your thread name and the content have nothing to do with each other, but how can you prove what you're saying? you read it in a book or watched in a youtube video? well i saw this youtube video called zeitgeist that says...
why would you be so mad at a movie for making claims that you cannot prove to be false? neither can you prove any of your assertions (if there were any in the OP), so what's the point in spewing venom on our lovefest?!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

You're making the claim. The burden is on you to provide the evidence. I've seen Zeitgeist and also the debunked video. In my opinion the debunk video in this thread debunks all the religious claims made in the religious part of Zeitgeist. I have no idea what part you're talking about.

The debunk video already debunked where Zeitgeist talks about the early Christians if you had watched the video. I need to know what part of the video you're talking about that you are claiming the debunk video doesn't debunk. You're making the claim that some PARTS of Zeitgeist are correct when it refers to Christianity. I need you to tell me WHICH parts you believe are correct. I can watch the video all day and I'll still have no idea what part of the video YOU think is right.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

See above.

I've been crystal clear which part I'm talking about. The part in the film where it references the words of early Christians, such as Justin Martyr. It's not complicated.

I'm trying to get defenders of Christianity to address and deal with the words of Christians which support Zeitgeists premise on their religion and which were referenced in the film.

Yet most defenders of Christianity seem either oblivious to what their own Church Fathers said, which Zeitgeist quotes, or they are trying desperately to avoid dealing with this issue.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram

Maybe start here with quotes from early church fathers, which formed the basis of some Zeitgeists evidence and some of which was quoted in the film.

Early Christian admission of and excuses for striking similarities between Christianity and older, pagan mythologies.

That link you posted? Is this from Zeitgeist? The Justin Martyr issue was already addressed in the OP's video. In the video it didn't claim that what Justin Martyr said was wrong, but it was pointed out that the Zeitgeist video extremely misquotes and misrepresents what Justin Martyr says. EDIT: For example claiming Dionysus, but the Dionysus resurrection story is sourced to 2nd century POST Christian, not PRE Christian. In other words, the Dionysus resurrection story didn't have sources until after Jesus. Do you take issue with that claim from the video?

Did you see that part of the video? Are you saying that's incorrect? Please take note, I'm not here to debate about Justin Martyr, I'm just debating about what Zeitgeist said about Justin Martyr.

Do you take issue with how the OP's video debunks Zeitgeist on this topic? Could you please tell me what you think is wrong with the OP's video that debunks this topic?

If you need a reference this topic is addressed in the 7th video posted by the OP.

edit on 17-2-2011 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman

That does not give you some special pass to spread your religious plagues, just because YOU believe something does not mean I cannot call you an idiot for doing so, If you cannot see this than I'm sorry but you've been taken already by the tradition in your culture.

I'm not claiming to believe anything. I'm simply asking, does Zeitgeist have factual errors in it or not?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
My problem with the ZG movies is the way they present their "case". Instead of showing us new doors to open and venture through, they sort of force their "truth" upon the viewer which in some cases can be quite dangerous. Especially when they take very sensitive information and present that in a very general knowledge type way. The information is just all over the place.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I hold high respect for religions and very much believe in God but I find this "Zeitgeist exposed" crap laughable. People are even selling books about it, how they totally debunked Zeitgeist. Fact of the matter is, the documentary doesn't show anything which isn't taught at universities already - for many educated people, religious or not, its common knowledge. There is some invalid data in the "Jesus debunked" part of the documentary which I think was a big mistake but author himself admitted that he did not invest as much time in the first documentary and didn't expect so many people to watch it. I don't like the anti religion stuff in the first doc but I understand why its there, the point he is trying to make is how people take religious dogmas too far and invent things in order to make their religion the best religion - everything today works that way, especially political ideologies which dominate the world and cause even more damage than religion.
Also, yes, of course there is an agenda behind it - after witnessing popularity of the first doc author decided to offer an actual solution rather than just shove us with cheap philosophies and endless debates. I didn't know about resource based economy before but now the more I read about it the more I like it. I'm sure though, this will make some people label me as a communist or something.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram

The evidence from early Church writers was referenced in Zeitgeist.

You have watched it, I presume? Or are you not that familiar with Zeitgeist? If not, tell me and I will present this evidence again.

Thus the evidence from the early Church supports the premise of Zeitgeist, that Christianity is a local incarnation of a widespread nonChristian mythology.

ok, have you begun to think about the ramifications that the magi and all those aware of the Mazzaroth predates all of zeitgeists assertions?
Did zeitgeist address the mazzaroth? Ask yourself why not?
It isn't a secret in hebrew studies.
It's because the mazzaroth predates the theories presented. Once you understand you cannot edit the stars the mazzaroth begins to clearup what and where "myths" came about.
It's why Nimrod claimed to be messiah, he knew of these prophecies written in the sky.
It's why when Nimrod (Osiris)was killed for his blaspemies his legs were broken, to show he was not messiah.

So understand what a big problem the mazzaroth is for all these late theories like zeitgeist.
There were many that sought the title but no matter how many posers there were before or came after.
Yashayah Ha Mashiach has risen.
We have an advocate at the right hand of the Father, King of Kings.
The High Priest that conquered death and paid the price for sin in full offering the free gift of salvation by believing in Him. Put away these earthly desires and allow Him to take away that heavy baggage that bears down on us all and weighs so heavy on the soul and take up His yoke and follow Him.
It is not by force but a love relationship. He is the lamb of Yah that took away the sins of the world.
He is unique.
There is but 1 High Priest.
The posers have theirs.
If you printed 1000,s of counterfeit 100 usd bills and put 1 real 100 note in with them, the 1000's does not in any way take away the real value of the real deal. This logic just fails.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
IT IS ALL ABOUT CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I must agree with kallisti and tinfoilman -- and I want to emphasize here that I'm not a bible thumper, nor even a very devout Christian. What threw me off right away when I watched Zeitgeist 1 is that "Sun/son" BS they say about Jesus.

That is very obviously something they've taken from the "decades-long research" of Jordan Maxwell, who is one of the greatest dolts I've ever seen. Every second-grader could see that the sun/son comparison only works in ENGLISH because in almost any other language the words for "sun" and "son" would be completely different, such as in French (sun= soleil; son= fils). Only a complete dumb-ass who doesn't even have the faintest concept of foreign languages could make an argument like that.

To get an idea of how stupid Maxwell really is, you only have to watch some of his videos where he tries to break down the name Solomon into Sol (sun) -- om (as in the Buddhist mantra) -- on (as in a light switch). Yes, he ACTUALLY says in one lecture that the "on" that you see on a modern light switch is related to the ancient word Solomon; you have to see it to believe it. He also makes the case (NOT) that the biblical Manna was actually magic mushrooms and that the prophetic visions came from people being high.
I mean, his drivel has enormous entertainment value to anyone with half a brain, but please don't ever believe it.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I grew up catholic but once i got a little older and started to look at things myself i realized that i disagreed with most of what the church taught me. I have looked at all religions out there and they all have major points that i can't agree with, so i don't claim any organized religion. Still, i believe in "god" for lack of better terms. My point is, everyone has their own life experiences, and their own brain to question things. Everyone has the right to believe or not believe what they want. Both Zeitgeist and Bible teachings have good points, as well as holes in them. I mean for crying out loud, how can any statement on Jesus or the time of Jesus be said with 100% factual confidence? It can't, otherwise there would be nothing to question, we would all follow Jesus teachings or we wouldn't. It's all stories passed along. You will never change each others minds. Just agree to disagree, nothing said by anyone will please both sides.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join