It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Moon perfectly normal? It appears so.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I gave S&F for three reasons.

One, you went and found out for yourself. That's a huge kudos in my book.

Secondly, you are starting to see the fearmongering for what it is.

Thirdly, you had the balls to post it and stand behind it.

All three of these things have been severely lacking as of late, and I commend you, very much.

I do honestly hope you continue to exercise your newfound abilities from now on.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

And, in response to those who say they've never seen the moon point up before, all I can say is, you weren't paying enough attention

Exactly what happened to me (and a lot of other members I think) !

Educated in astrophysics.

Your first paragraph explains it well. Thank you for your reply CLPrime!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Hello Libertygal !

I appreciate your kind words!

Yeah, the fearmongering is indeed overwhelming. Not just here, yt, google and other forums are also infested.

Searching for answers will lead to a lot of trash before hitting some common sense.

Thank you for dropping by!!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I guess your the Moon is normal crowd, thus you wont buy any claims that there is something wrong with the moon,

With respect, i have been observing the moon for quite some time, the moon has been acting strange, if you dont believe that, thats fine with me.

Everyone has its own opinion or point of view.

Regards agent.

edit on 17-2-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by Blaine91555

This has been discussed by Von Helton. But until other sources validate that this source from Italy is indeed accurate, I will withhold comments. Planet X ? Niburu? Tyche???

We'll see.

They are merely mentioned as possible candidates as, according to him, there is no other possible explanation other than a massive planetary object whose gravitational forces acting upon the moon would explain the observed increase, and these are the most well known examples of such objects (in Lay Man's terms). I don't think he's saying that the increase is proof of the existence of Planet X or whatever, only that there is no other known explaination to account for the increase. So... If the observed increase, which I doubt is in question, is not the result of known mechanics, which it appears not to be as the math doesn't add up, then what? As Sherlock Holmes would say, "when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth".

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

we are all in the moon is normal crowd...because the moon IS normal it hasnt shifted on its axis or turned in to a brussel sprout, if you want proof take a look at any recent picture then go outside have a look and notice that all the visible craters are all in the same place, if the moon had tilted the craters would all be in different places and that just hasnt happend. please feel free to believe whatever you want, just dont ignore the evidence that is literaly right in front of your eyes.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'll just add this to the thread.

A careful observer will certainly notice that over the period of months, the crescent of the Moon does indeed seem to go from being lit on the "bottom" of the Moon to being lit on the side of the Moon. So what is happening to make the Moon look different? It is all a result of the Moon's orbit around the Earth, and the Earth's orbit around the Sun. And exactly when you see the Moon in the shape of a 'U' (lit on the bottom) rather than a backward 'C' (lit on the side) depends on what latitude you are at. But the explanation is the same regardless of when you see it from your location.

Some ancient skywatchers spoke of the crescent Moon when the bottom seems to be lit as the "wet moon". They thought it looked like a bowl which could fill up with the rain and snow of the winter season. In Hawaiian astrology, Kaelo the Water Bearer rules from January 20 - February 18. According to the Hawaiian Calendar, Kaelo is the "Dripping Wet Moon" month. However, many other cultures have defined the Moon when lit on the bottom as the "dry moon" since in that configuration, the Moon is "holding in the water".

starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I guess your the Moon is normal crowd, thus you wont buy any claims that there is something wrong with the moon,

Thanks for dropping in, Agent_USA_Supporter!

Hmmm....no. I'm more of the "I'll wait and see if there are any facts and proof" crowd.

I highly respect your opinion. But for me, a claim is just that...a claim. Until I see some solid evidence that there is something wrong with the moon, my opinion is that it is normal.

I mean, I've even seen people claiming that the moon had a pole shift!! Claims...

But it is good to see that we can have various opinions and discuss it with respect.

I appreciate your reply!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

Agreed. There is speculation.

However, it doesn't mean that it is a truth.

Thanks for adding in to the conversation. I enjoy reading your input.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Neilc1972

Our eyes do like playing games at times, don't they? So does our memory.

Did for me. The core idea that brought this thread to life!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

Interesting! Thanks for the link.

On the other hand, other cultures said that such a moon is a wet moon because it allowed the water to pour out!

Out there claim don't you think?

About as bad as saying the moon had a pole shift!!

Good info!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join