It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Street View 08: The Aspartame Menace!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by CharlesMartel
reply to post by Amaterasu

I was surprised to see two new Pepsi products when shopping this evening" Pepsi Throwback" and "Mountain Dew Throwback".

They have sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. Sugar might not be that good for you but it is better than high fructose corn syrup or any of the other artificial stuff. I still didn't buy either.

That Mountain Dew Throwback is surprisingly yummy. I don't usually drink soda, but I tried it and it's awesome.

HFCS is quite evil, and I was glad to see "sugar" on the list and no HFCS.

You do realise that HFCS consists of glucose and fructose, right? Both of those are sugars.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Yeah, I've actually just been made known of all of this and I'm trying to learn more. I do admit that I did not know much at all. I used to drink Red Bull for energy and switched to Red Bull Sugar Free thinking I was doing myself a service.

NOTE: Both Red Bull and Red Bull Sugar Free have aspartame or sucralose in it. In fact, I've only been able to find about 2 energy drinks in my store that DO NOT have either of these.

Question: Can anyone provide me with a list of all the artificial ingredients i.e. Aspartame, Sucralose, that I should stay away from? Thanks guys.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PronoEast

Everything artificial^^

Sorry,that won't help much.

I found this link for Stevia though.

If you can find Iodine supplements,they can help reduce the fluoride in your body.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Habit4ming

Perhaps we should/could do a thread, or add here, a list of all KNOWN products that have aspartame, labeled or not labeled... I am careful, too, when I buy my toothpaste that it contains neither aspartame nor fluoride.

I second this!

I quit aspartame after reading several articles on here about it. My mom had been warning me of the dangers of it for years but I just blew her off because I really REALLY loved Diet Dr. Pepper (I couldn't start the day without it). Now I'm drinking tons of water, tea for caffeine, and the occasional "throwback" Dr. Pepper (with natural sugar instead of corn syrup). I'd love to know what other sources I'm getting aspartame/artificial sweeteners from, too.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Thank god regular coke is a cure all drink.Coke contains Coriander oil.Corianderoil is possibly the most medicinal herb on the planet,with therapeutic properties including analalgesic,aphrodisiac,antispasmodic,carminative,depurative,deodorant,digestive,fungicidal.lipolytic,stimulant and stomachic.Along with coriander, coke has orange and lemon oils,and other natural ingredients.The list of amazing health benefits from the coke ingredients is tremendous.Keep up the good work Coke,and p.s., real men can handle a little corn syrup.

Don't know if anybody else has pointed this out yet to ye, only just read first page.

But those ingredients are not in modern cola and haven't been for nearly 80 years bruv, depending on what country.

Most of the flavour is actually Carbonated water, taste carbonated water with nothing in it and you'll realise something.

Then other main flavours are in Pepsi, extract of Cola nuts, which is what was used in the modern versions since 80-100 years ago until the mid/late 70's when all except Pepsi began using artificial flavourings and Caffeine extraction processes meant that could be added as a separate with artificial flavours, so cola syrups much cheaper to produce than using the Cola nut, Cola nuts were used because they're a source of Caffeine and replaced Cocaine and other ingredients as you mentioned, all have caffeine added to the cola, just a little more in cola with artificial flavourings than Pepsi, rest is sugar, or as thread topic, artificial sweeteners, namely, Aspartame, and i entirely agree, it should be completely banned.

I know yesterday, 16th Feb, in the UK, MSM mentioned those ingredients you listed, as too did Mathew Wright on this mornings The Wright Stuff (Ch5), he actually made some original version in the studio and gave it to the panel, who interestingly liked it, but those are the original ingredients when Cola was first introduced in the 1900's, by the 2000's, around the 1910-20-30's, Cocaine was taken out and replaced with Cola nuts, hence the general term, Cola, Pepsi Cola, Coca Cola, Virgin Classic Cola, etc, etc, because those original ingredients were replaced by Cola nuts and added the stimulant dimension to the modern version from original Cocaine.

Methinks ye slightly misconstrued the stories yesterday and today, sorry, those ingredients, natural as can be, haven't been used for nearly 80 years, anywhere except maybe some minor cottage industry localised sources maybe, no commercial brands have used them in over 8 decades.

Now, all other brands except Pepsi, are artificial flavourings apart from Pepsi who still include extract of Cola nuts.

But sweetener and Carbonated water, are actually the main flavours in cola, the artificial flavourings or Cola nut extract actually affect taste very little.

Tesco's, Sainbury and others, sell basic carbonated water for around 18Pence, taste that and you'll see what i mean.

Those wanting to be health conscious, why not buy a fruit juice concentrate and add that to plain Carbonated water, a little cane sugar if desired? [Dunno about Cola nut extract though, should be available somewhere but i've not looked for it.]

A fraction of the price for something much better for ye.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

THATS STUFF IS HORIBLE...ITS POSION

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Something I found interesting is that Pepsi launched a product called Pepsi Throwback and if you get a chance I highly suggest you sit down and try it while comparing it to a regular Pepsi. The taste is just amazing when REAL sugar is added instead of cheap substitutes like Aspartame or High Fructose Corn Syrup. If you have to drink soda you should choose to only drink soda with REAL sugar in it. It tastes so much better anyway.

As for Aspartame, these studies cant be ignored much longer. Fox News aired a story that linked Diet Soda with ..what was it a 60% chance of stroke or something? And heres the kicker lol.... nobody at Fox News could figure out why. Come on.
edit on 17-2-2011 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It makes my eyes twitch.

Nasty stuff.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I know that it causes depression and all that, but for me diet soda really helps with my headaches where normal soda and painkillers doesn't? has anyone else found that or is it just me?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
i used to drink regular Mt. Dew it was my drink of choice daily. my liver would 'tingle'/hurt(real reason i stopped) , i could never sleep, and i would just have mild headaches. also i put on quiet a bit of weight in a few months.
stopped drinking it 3 weeks ago. After reading up that aspartame is in it so i now drink just water and snapple now. i sleep great! after the first week no pains from my liver. already lost weight but thats obvious with the water. and i just feel better.

could be a placebo that i read all this and stopped i honestly dont know but i do feel better so thats all that matters.

also is there a difference in aspartame and HFCS? i have not seen aspartame in anything i drink or eat. so i just stayed away from anything HFCS if theres a list of items with aspartame in it can someone guide me in the right direction thanks.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Good Video...at least people do know about Aspartame that is in their diet soda. What about the Aspartame that is in
other processed foods along with HFC's? People should be made aware of how poison our foods truly are. Not just their precious diet drinks...although mention "how much water do you drink" and it's a blank faced "huh?" reply...more than likely it's the poison fluoridated water that is the culprit to begin with.

Research how deep the rabbit hole goes and you will find that in the world today, there is very little left to be consumed in the way of food products that hasn't been tainted in some manner, shape, or form by our "beloved" governments and the Big businesses they are sleeping with.

The subject of Stevia was also brought up by a few in this thread. Stevia as a sweetener can not be owned, as it is a NATURAL sweetener. Anything that is natural can not be copyrighted, I was told many years ago. Big Business wants to OWN all food stuffs. Think about how natural medicines are on the edge of being outlawed. By ignoring Stevia as a sweetening alternative, it pushes the consumer towards the chemical replacements. And before anyone says that Stevia is being sold in the supermarkets...that Stevia is mixed with processed white sugar, which in my opinion negates it's healthful effects as far as I am concerned. Stevia on it's own is an herb that, like the herb that is not discussed on these forums because at this time it is unfortunately illegal, holds many healthy alternatives.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Play up the LONG CHAIN MOLECULE angle as the foreign object ingested causes more difficulty breaking down,as it would a simple sugar.I threw this comment to my dad over 10 years ago,and is a chemist,retired.He just looked upward considering my point,yet wouldn't concede my minor brilliance.I felt so proud,like a chip off the old block.The subject was diet pepsi I called poison.I was a regular pepsi-holic for decades,now retired.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
anyone else think the intro was unnecessary and annoyingly long?

Great vid tho. That is in so much, and is so deadly is criminal.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Hello, I'm new and it's my first post.

Neotame is already in over 1500 products, including my LIP BALM!
Dang it! Didn't have my glasses when I bought it.
I went back to ChapStick...no neotame, just petroleum...haha.

If it's processed/packaged products,
we may have to do without it in the name of health.

My friend loves "diet" lime cokes...aspartame.
She knows, but she loves, so she drinks.

Oh well, as for me and my house, we leave it on the shelves.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervalentiodine

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by CharlesMartel
reply to post by Amaterasu

I was surprised to see two new Pepsi products when shopping this evening" Pepsi Throwback" and "Mountain Dew Throwback".

They have sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. Sugar might not be that good for you but it is better than high fructose corn syrup or any of the other artificial stuff. I still didn't buy either.

That Mountain Dew Throwback is surprisingly yummy. I don't usually drink soda, but I tried it and it's awesome.

HFCS is quite evil, and I was glad to see "sugar" on the list and no HFCS.

You do realise that HFCS consists of glucose and fructose, right? Both of those are sugars.

There IS a difference between the way sugars - and even sucrose (cane and beet sugar) differ between sources.

Link: articles.sfgate.com...

Given that glucose is linked to type 2 diabetes, I think it's fair to say that our systems do NOT approach sugars identically, and given that fructose (without its supporting system of fruit matter) has been linked to obesity, liver "scarring," and other ailments that sucrose (one sugar available in nearly pure form naturally) does not, we may conclude that it matters greatly WHICH sugar we are speaking of. And if a label says "sugar," it means either cane or beet sugar. Sucrose.
edit on 2/17/2011 by Amaterasu because: typo

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaPan

Originally posted by brindle
Thank god regular coke is a cure all drink.Coke contains Coriander oil.Corianderoil is possibly the most medicinal herb on the planet,with therapeutic properties including analalgesic,aphrodisiac,antispasmodic,carminative,depurative,deodorant,digestive,fungicidal.lipolytic,stimulant and stomachic.Along with coriander, coke has orange and lemon oils,and other natural ingredients.The list of amazing health benefits from the coke ingredients is tremendous.Keep up the good work Coke,and p.s., real men can handle a little corn syrup.

Don't know if anybody else has pointed this out yet to ye, only just read first page.

But those ingredients are not in modern cola and haven't been for nearly 80 years bruv, depending on what country.
You mean to tell me ive been drinking coke for the past 75 years thinking im getting all the benefits of coriander oil,and there isnt any coriander oil in coke.Damm,what a waste of money,thanks for the heads up whippersnapper.
Most of the flavour is actually Carbonated water, taste carbonated water with nothing in it and you'll realise something.

Then other main flavours are in Pepsi, extract of Cola nuts, which is what was used in the modern versions since 80-100 years ago until the mid/late 70's when all except Pepsi began using artificial flavourings and Caffeine extraction processes meant that could be added as a separate with artificial flavours, so cola syrups much cheaper to produce than using the Cola nut, Cola nuts were used because they're a source of Caffeine and replaced Cocaine and other ingredients as you mentioned, all have caffeine added to the cola, just a little more in cola with artificial flavourings than Pepsi, rest is sugar, or as thread topic, artificial sweeteners, namely, Aspartame, and i entirely agree, it should be completely banned.

I know yesterday, 16th Feb, in the UK, MSM mentioned those ingredients you listed, as too did Mathew Wright on this mornings The Wright Stuff (Ch5), he actually made some original version in the studio and gave it to the panel, who interestingly liked it, but those are the original ingredients when Cola was first introduced in the 1900's, by the 2000's, around the 1910-20-30's, Cocaine was taken out and replaced with Cola nuts, hence the general term, Cola, Pepsi Cola, Coca Cola, Virgin Classic Cola, etc, etc, because those original ingredients were replaced by Cola nuts and added the stimulant dimension to the modern version from original Cocaine.

Methinks ye slightly misconstrued the stories yesterday and today, sorry, those ingredients, natural as can be, haven't been used for nearly 80 years, anywhere except maybe some minor cottage industry localised sources maybe, no commercial brands have used them in over 8 decades.

Now, all other brands except Pepsi, are artificial flavourings apart from Pepsi who still include extract of Cola nuts.

But sweetener and Carbonated water, are actually the main flavours in cola, the artificial flavourings or Cola nut extract actually affect taste very little.

Tesco's, Sainbury and others, sell basic carbonated water for around 18Pence, taste that and you'll see what i mean.

Those wanting to be health conscious, why not buy a fruit juice concentrate and add that to plain Carbonated water, a little cane sugar if desired? [Dunno about Cola nut extract though, should be available somewhere but i've not looked for it.]

A fraction of the price for something much better for ye.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I cant believe ive been buying by coke for the last 80 years thinking it had coriander oil,what a waste of money.Thanks for the information

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Aspertame is a nasty ingrediant but is easily avoided.Just read all your lables and decide what products that you consume use this crap and don't eat or drink it. EASY.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Cool video!

I work with the team at Stuff They Don't Want You To Know, and oddly enough we just did an episode on aspartame. Weird coincidence. Thought it might be relevant to this conversation:

Stuff They Don't Want You To Know

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
A couple of my family members used aspartame several times every day in tea, coffee and soda. I myself never used it, but it was worrying to read about the effects it can have on health in the long-term. I told them about my concerns regarding aspartame, and that they should stop using it.

The suggestion wasn't really popular in the beginning, mostly due to them being afraid of gaining weight and that they hadn't noticed any health problems from it despite years of use. I persisted and showed them some articles, and eventually bought some Stevia. Long story short, thankfully they don't use aspartame any more.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join