ATS Street View 08: The Aspartame Menace!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I was surprised to see two new Pepsi products when shopping this evening" Pepsi Throwback" and "Mountain Dew Throwback".

They have sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. Sugar might not be that good for you but it is better than high fructose corn syrup or any of the other artificial stuff. I still didn't buy either.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I grew up eating that way,6 kids in the family no hospitalizations no add,adhd,diseases no anything,hell I never seen the inside of a hospital until I was 24.I seriously doubt anyone can say that these days.In 1981or around that time is when aspartame came out.I started drinking this in diet coke for about 5 years within that time I came up with the first of many undiagnosable conditions(meaning the Dr's couldn't find a reason why)I soon stopped out of tuition,hunch or whatever and have not drank it since.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

neotame is worse by the fact it doesn't have to be listed on the labels!Here's an interesting article I found

Neotame has similar structure to aspartame — except that, from it’s structure, appears to be even more toxic than aspartame. This potential increase in toxicity will make up for the fact that less will be used in diet drinks. Like aspartame, some of the concerns include gradual neurotoxic and immunotoxic damage from the combination of the formaldehyde metabolite (which is toxic at extremely low doses) and the excitotoxic amino acid. (Holisticmed.com) But surely, this product would be labeled! NOT SO!!! For this little gem, no labeling required. And it is even included in USDA Certified Organic food. The food labeling requirements required for aspartame have now been dropped for Neotame, and no one is clear why this was allowed to happen. Neotame has been ruled acceptable, and without being included on the list of ingredients, for: * USDA Certified Organic food items. * Certified Kosher products with the official letter k inside the circle on labels. (Janet Hull) Let me make this perfectly clear. Neotame does not have to be included in ANY list of ingredients! So, if you buy processed food, whether USDA Certified Organic or not, that food most likely will contain Neotame because it is cost-effective, and since no one knows it is there, there is no public backlash similar to what is happening with Aspartame. A win/win situation! But that’s not all. Just love chowing down on that delicious steak? Well, that cow most likely will have been fed with feed containing…..you guessed it…..Neotame! A product called “Sweetos,” which is actually composed of Neotame, is being substituted for molasses in animal feed.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel

I was surprised to see two new Pepsi products when shopping this evening" Pepsi Throwback" and "Mountain Dew Throwback".

They have sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. Sugar might not be that good for you but it is better than high fructose corn syrup or any of the other artificial stuff. I still didn't buy either.

That Mountain Dew Throwback is surprisingly yummy. I don't usually drink soda, but I tried it and it's awesome.

HFCS is quite evil, and I was glad to see "sugar" on the list and no HFCS.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

Neotame has been ruled acceptable, and without being included on the list of ingredients, for: * USDA Certified Organic food items. ...

Holy FFFFFFFrig.

I'm contacting my local organic food co-op. They must hear of this!

I just can't believe we have let Them get so far in circumventing our efforts to maintain healthy, nutritious, good food. It's just crazy!

EDIT to add: Do you have the link to that article?
edit on 2/16/2011 by Amaterasu because: Addition

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I hope this helpsfarmwars.info...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Absolutely disgusting. Makes me so upset I feel like I have to do something. You can't even eat healthy anymore unless you grow your own food. Ridiculous.

These people should be tied up and fed spoonfuls of Neotame. (That's a joke, Homeland Security)
edit on 16-2-2011 by alyoshablue because: typos

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

It helped greatly! Thanks.

I have emailed the link to all my contacts. If we all do this, maybe this evil will be nipped in the bud.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Hi:

As nicely as possible I am requesting: "Please don't send me private messages every time you guys start a thread".Much as I like chicks with glasses(
) . I'm usually involved reading or writing something and: "bink" up pops the you have a private message!read now??? I never know if one of my threads got deleted( so what; whatever...) or another member has a real issue with me( hope not).only to find: The" wiggles "are playing sesame street: tele-tubbies on their way out? we ask passers by their opinion. if I want to read your thread I will run into it myself thanks.
and no I didn't even look at the O.P.
edit on 16-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
C2C listeners have received warnings about Aspartame for some time via Dr. Betty Martini you can visit her web site for more detailed info at www.dorway.com...
This from her site:
* In liquids aspartame turns to FORMALDEHYDE above freezing!
* Aspartame is even worse for diabetics!
* Aspartame poisoning is cumulative (it adds up!)
Stay far away from this product yikes!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Hi:

As nicely as possible I am requesting: "Please don't send me private messages every time you guys start a thread".Much as I like chicks with glasses(
) . I'm usually involved reading or writing something and: "bink" up pops the you have a private message!read now??? I never know if one of my threads got deleted( so what; whatever...) or another member has a real issue with me( hope not).only to find: The" wiggles "are playing sesame street: tele-tubbies on their way out? we ask passers by their opinion. if I want to read your thread I will run into it myself thanks.
and no I didn't even look at the O.P.

Um. My best wishes for your success [smile] Sounds difficult.

About Aspar"Tame..."and its eviler twin...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Many Billions made off this killer product!

Two NEW STUDIES ON ASPARTAME and diet drinks confirm source of obesity, cancer epidemics. Neurosurgeon says BAN it from Schools!
By Dr. Betty Martini
Mission Possible International - Posted: 18 July 2005

The Cancer Research Center of the European Foundation of Oncology and Environmental Sciences in Bologna, Italy reported this week that a long-term study to evaluate the potential carcinogenic effects of aspartame demonstrates the chemical sweetener "induces an increase in lymphomas and leukemias in female rats." The research will be presented at a September international scientific conference, "Framing the Future in the Light of the Past: Living in a Chemical World."

Neurosurgeon Russell Blaylock M.D. commented: "The new study released in the European Journal of oncology by Morando Soffritti and co-workers should terrify mothers and all those consuming aspartame sweetened products. This was a carefully done study which clearly demonstrated a statistically significant increase in several types of lymphomas and leukemias in rats. Both of these malignancies have increased significantly in this country since the widespread use of aspartame.

"This study confirmed the previous study by Dr. Trocho and co-workers, which also found the formaldehyde breakdown product of aspartame to be damaging to cellular DNA and that this damage was accumulative. The type of damage was a duplicate of that associated with cancers. Along with this most recent study, this means that drinking a single diet cola sweetened with aspartame every day could increase one's risk of developing a lymphoma or leukemia.

"They also found an increased incidence of malignant brain tumors, even though it was not statistically significant. This does not mean there is no association to brain tumors, since only the animals exposed to aspartame developed the tumors. With children and pregnant women drinking the largest amount of diet colas, this puts their children at the greatest risk of developing one of these horrible diseases. Their study found that even low doses of aspartame could cause these malignancies; yet, the higher the dose, the more cancers that were seen.

"Since aspartame can increase obesity and may even cause the metabolic syndrome that affects 48 million Americans, there is no reason to ever consume this product. At the least it should be immediately banned from all schools."

Dr. Blaylock wrote the Miami Herald to counteract propaganda by the Calorie Control Council, an aspartame front group: "It is known that the amount of toxic phenylalanine reaching the baby is twice as high as that in the mother's blood because the placenta concentrates the toxin. In addition, numerous metabolic breakdown products of aspartame are known to damage the developing infant's brain, including methanol, formaldehyde, formic acid, diketopiperizine and phenylacetate.

"Aspartame has been shown by several studies to damage DNA, which can lead to cancer and degenerative brain disorders later in life. The risk of increased brain tumors in such a child would be enormous. Similar mechanisms of damage would be expected in these with liver disease. Studies on aspartame safety have shown that the product increases tumors throughout numerous organs, especially the brain. It was shown that brain tumor incidence increased over 47 times in animals exposed to aspartame.

"With the public concern over childhood obesity and diabetes few are being told of the overwhelming evidence that early exposure to excitotoxins as found in aspartame consistently produce gross obesity and insulin resistant diabetes, just as we are seeing in our youth. The promoters of aspartame use have been lying from the beginning and continue to use their money and political clout to cover up the real and present dangers of this toxic product." Astonishingly the Miami Herald ignored Dr. Blaylock's lifesaving cry of alarm. "Clout" in Miami means advertising dollars!
www.miqel.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by amy2x

Follow the money, baby.

What more need I say?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
THat was a very good video. I enjoy the fact that more people knew about it then the ones who said, what is it?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been covered - i started reading all posts but gave up on page 3, too much to do - what about sorbitol? I know someone who has violent reactions to that stuff and it is also in a lot of foods (like chewing gum, not that chewing gum is a food but you get me).

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
You hear all the new age stuff going on about DNA upgrades,well the amount of mutant foods being created will in all eventuality turn us all into mutants,I think it already has

edit on 17-2-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by gringoboy
You hear all the new age stuff going on about DNA upgrades,well the amount of mutant foods being created will in all eventuality turn us all into mutants,I think it already has

That a funny statement. I had thought something like that too. You wonder if the NWO knows there will be a DNA upgrade and figured out a way to "prepare" our DNA so that instead of ascending, people turn into mutant worker bees to mind gold, lick their toes and mow the yard.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I agree,it was very frustrating for me in the beginning trying to shop and feed my children,I started buying meats from free range farms and buying local fresh produce.You can remove most of these things from you diet but you also have to be willing to change.Eventually these food giants will change if you don't buy their products,kind of like a silent protest,I see they're already pushing the high frutose corn syrup on television,and that means people are not buying them like they use to.........I refuse these poisons and hope everyone else joins the silent protest!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

yaay! theres also lots and lots of good info at the world natural health organization,you may not agree with all on there but covers pretty much all of the poisons in our food and will link you to other good sites....good luck to you!www.wnho.net...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Well if you drink the water and additives they dish out even I am turning into a zombie.Funny thing is you never see any of these leaders eat,whys that,because their reptiles

At least thats what some believe,you never know.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join