It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi: I'm proud my WMD lies led to war in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Iraqi: I'm proud my WMD lies led to war in Iraq

news.yahoo.com

An Iraqi man whose testimony the United States used as a key evidence to build a case for war in Iraq says he is proud that he lied about his country developing mobile biological warfare labs.

The Guardian newspaper published an interview Wednesday with Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi, who has been identified as the informer called "Curveball," whose claims about weapon labs formed part of then-U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell's speech to the U.N. Security Council in 2003, shortly before the war began.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The Guardian quoted al-Janabi as saying: "I had the chance to fabricate something to topple the regime. I and my sons are proud of that."

Yeah I am glad for you guys... I am grinning from ear to ear that we had the great opportunity to waste over a trillion dollars, thousands of lives, and become considered the "bully" by Westerners so that we can help you and your country because you lied.

Clean up your own mess like the Egyptians and Tunisians have. We are not here to take care of you and your lies should cost you a prison sentence, a complete fabrication so that we could serve your individual interests.

Why is this not all over the news?!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Pride is such a very strange thing.

I hope they execute him and his sons along with the treasonous idiots in the U.S. and Great Britain who swallowed and didn't vet these lies. And my choice of execution method would be to slowly rain white phosphorus down on them all.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
A person who belives a lie with complete lack of evidence is just as in the Wrong as the liar.

Deny Ignorance.

edit on 16/2/11 by TedHodgson because: elaborated

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is to remove blame from every single person after good ol' "Curveball"...

Bush, Cheney, Powell, Blair... I'm sure they will sleep easier tonight.

Every time someone blames Bush or anyone in the administration again, they will point to Screwball, err, Curveball.

Interesting story nonetheless.

S&F

~Namaste

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Why is this not all over the news?!
reply to post by Misoir

It isn't all over the news because the current administration, in concert with the mainstream media, has a vested interest in hiding from the public the fact that arabs (generally) and islamics (specifically), both individually and as a group, are evil, duplicitous, corrupt & murderous cretins who think about nothing but their own selfish interests.

these people have no loyalty to anything but their own self-aggrandizement, and the perpetuation of anti-human ideals. they are savages.

if left up to their own devices, outside of the control of civilized people, they would destroy the entire world and everything in it.

edit on Wed Feb 16 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

What's there to be proud of? He's a filthy traitor if anything. If he's so proud then why isn't he sat in Iraq right now, constantly worrying if he's going to lose his life, or those of his 'proud' sons - or even worse, if they're going lose their limbs and survive, or have their skin burnt off. Yeah, they removed a dictator - but they still haven't installed democracy. The US puppets are all corrupt (some were even close to the old regime) and those that aren't puppets are taking advantage of the power-vacuum, destroying the lives of innocent people every single day. So they've swapped a cruel dictatorship that had the country running in order (extremely well, in fact) for another dictatorship that is overseeing the country's self-destruction and decay into 'failed state' status. Well done, 'Curveball' aka 'egotistical tool'.

Besides, it would have happened with or without him - all he has to be proud of was accepting a bribe and saying what the US told him to - there was no stopping Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, etc..

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Bush "Errrmmmm hey seems we made a mistake blasting you back to the stone age... sorry about that... oh and can we get back the rest of that toxic gas Reagan sold you guys that killed the Kurd? Thanks much. Sorry about your cities... I'll send Halliburton right over to fix that up... for a small fee... say 80% of your oil production sound okay? "

President Bush -- Fool me Once

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Glad to see Bush and his merry band of crooks have finally found their patsy. These guys were so hard up for a war with Iraq my neighbors freakin' cat could have told them Iraq was building WMDs and they would have launched cruise missiles into Baghdad inside of an hour.

Their cover stories have really lost some imagination. Geez, had these politicians today been in office when Kennedy was assassinated we here on ATS would have one less topic to debate. These idiots would have botched the whole operation.
edit on 16-2-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'm sure that Hitler, Attilla, Stalin and Mousolini also had pride for their endeavors also but that does not make their accomplishments right. The man who finally admitted what we all figured was a lie in order to get back at saddam only played into Bush's plan that was developed or being developed before 911 go ahead into Iraq to fulfill his agenda or, accomplishments. He to I'm sure is proud of what he has done. He just can't go to Switzerland now. Colin Powell was thrown a "curveball" and suckered into telling the UN that the US had solid intel about WMD's in Iraq. It is now an admitted lie spoken by a man named Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi aka, "Curvebal", and that name was given to him for a reason. This lie was used to go to war in iraq, if Bush and his staff knew it was a lie then we probably won't find that out. But given the fact that his Dad was a former CIA Director, His SECDEF had deep ties within the US government from his days of being in a former president's cabinet there is no doubt in my mind an dothers that Bush knew this intel was false.

There is no valid reason to be proud of going to war especially when it was under the reason(s) given that are now confirmed lies. Not to forget to mention that there are plenty of documentation of the planning to go to war with/in Iraq well before any of the curveball lies were told and before September 11, 2001. The american lives lost in this 'war" as well as those maimed & injured for life have affected an entire generation in a negative way on many levels that we yet understand. In addition to the fact that we now have enemys that we will guarding against for decades to come. Nothing proud in that at all.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

That in no way excuses their actions. In fact, it might make their situation worse depending on how much credence they put on Curveball's intel as opposed to or weighed with other supporting intel. If there was no other, they are negligent in not investigating deeper. They wanted to hear what he had to say. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they paid him to say it.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This particular event is what raised my interest in conspiracies. A conspiracy to invade a sovereign state on the say of a man who held a grudge against the incumbent regime.

Unfortunately I was initially all for going into Iraq, take out the treacherous despot Sadaam Hussein and liberate the good people of Iraq.

We Brits were sold the story that the Iraqi regime had the capability of launching a missile that could reach the the favourite holiday hotspot of Cyprus. We were sold the line that went something like this. Imagine being on holiday in Cyprus, enjoying a beer in a taverna and for some reason Iraq decided to launch one of these missiles. You and your family could be wiped off the face of the Earth, all because you chose to holiday in Cyprus. They assured us that the intelligence they had made this a real threat and it would only be a matter of time before it was going to happen.

In addition to this all the evidence pointed towards the Iraqi regime focusing on biological and chemical warfare. They were leading the weapons inspectors a merry dance and not allowing access to the sites that were suspected of manufacturing these WMD's.

I had a young family and I made the mistake in trusting my Government, in trusting a man I had voted for and assisted in making Prime Minister.

As time went on and all the talk was they would find the WMD's any day, they were looking everywhere for these damn things and yet there was no evidence, no sign and most crucially no idea.

I then concluded that this was one big conspiracy to get their filthy blood soaked hands on the oil in Iraq and there was never any WMD's I saw Bush make a joke about it in a speech not long after he had declared the war had been won. He joked about not finding the weapons, he joked about looking under rocks, "hey, any here? No.", "Any there?, No." Yet he did not mention once the loss of lives of U.S. U.K Troops or most importantly loss of 100.000's of Iraqi civilian lives.

So, before any Government tells you not to listen to conspiracy theories, that any one spouting any such vile thing is the enemy of the state, refer them back to that moment in history and tell them to go screw themselves.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I was just about to post this story after I saw it. Heres the article I was looking at. Article

The U.S news media barely challenged Powell's claims that day, with political pundits and columnists largely praising the former secretary of state's methodical performance. Of course, Powell's weapons evidence has been proven bogus in the years since the invasion.

CBS News first identified Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi as "Curveball" in a 2007 investigation of "one of the deadliest con jobs of our time." Although U.N. inspectors found no evidence to back up al-Janabi's claims of a biological weapons program, the Bush administration still relied on the bogus evidence to start a war that's led to over 100,000 deaths.

Okay, over 100,000 people have been murdered over a lie. Now, who is going to be held accountable? Shouldnt someone be sent to prison for this? If I told someone a lie and they went and killed 100,000 people, I would problably end up going to jail and getting the death penalty.

Im guessing nobody is going to get into trouble for this, just how nobody was held accountable in our government intelligence agencies for the 9/11 attacks.

Maybe Rumsfeld now knows the unknown known-knowns from then not the now nows.

edit on 16-2-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2

It isn't all over the news because the current administration, in concert with the mainstream media, has a vested interest in hiding from the public the fact that arabs (generally) and islamics (specifically), both individually and as a group, are evil, duplicitous, corrupt & murderous cretins who think about nothing but their own selfish interests.

these people have no loyalty to anything but their own self-aggrandizement, and the perpetuation of anti-human ideals. they are savages.

if left up to their own devices, outside of the control of civilized people, they would destroy the entire world and everything in it.

Is this really considered an acceptable post? Calling all Arabs and Muslims 'evil, duplicitous, corrupt and murderous cretins'? [[[snip]]] Additionally, your post is nonsensical, all the media does these days is attempt present Arabs in the light of your unflattering description - anyone who says the opposite clearly doesn't pay attention. Your previous and current administrations completely destroyed an Arab nation and constantly tries to describe the entire region as a bunch of savages. Ironic that you say Arabs would destroy the world, when the US was the one who waged this specific illegal war (based on, and justified by, admitted lies). Civilised people indeed - Tell me, where was it that the first Civilisations arose?

So now that its not socially acceptable to be anti-semitic or hold prejudice against African Americans, you think it's acceptable to pretty much describe Arabs as sub-humans? Do you know how large the Arab world is or how many Arabs there are in the world? Arabs are humans just like any other conveniently labelled race: they can be just as compassionate, just as cruel, just as intelligent, just as dumb and are equal in all aspects of human nature to the members of any other race. This conclusion can be reached through the application of the most basic common sense. Not all Muslims fit this description either.

Despite the fact that I am part Arabic, I'm not offended by your remarks as much as I am by your general and hideous ignorance about all aspects of life. Go read a book.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

Unfortunately Islam has been smeared down the years. Stories of poor Israeli's being killed by Islamic suicide bombers, 9/11 purportrated by Islamic terrorists and all the human rights abuses caused by Islamic states.

Growing up and listening to mainstream news outlets really has affected a lot of proples views on this issue.

I have done my own research on this, got to know Muslims in my community, their culture and beliefs. I only keep an eye on the mainstrean news now to see what new conspiracy is being pushed on the majority.

If you look at the human rights abuses in Islamic countries they are usuaully purportrated by regimes being supported by the U.S/U.K alliance, Iran aside.

TPTB are governing by divide and rule, yet funding both sides. I guess they are edging their bets, Geez, they have aenough money to.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

yeah...I know. the truth hurts, doesn't it.

sometimes, i really hate to have to be the truthsayer in these kinds of threads. i really do.

facts, however, are undeniable.

arabs & islamic fascists are the single most problematic group in terms of a peaceful world civilization at this point in time. they are motivated only by hatred, destruction and death.

the notion that you are able to edit, be an apologist for or somehow redact the facts as I have outlined them is humorous and ridiculous...my incredulity at your behavior here is tempered only by the idea that, if you and I were in the same room together having this discussion, you would most likely try to execute me through decapitation.

stop the charade. people have awakened to the truth.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Pride is such a very strange thing.

I hope they execute him and his sons along with the treasonous idiots in the U.S. and Great Britain who swallowed and didn't vet these lies. And my choice of execution method would be to slowly rain white phosphorus down on them all.

Lol I love these comments (yeah im gonn a pick on you for the moment). Does it make snese to be pissed about people lieing, going to war, spending a trillion and then making the comment the people should be executed by white phosphorus?

Or are we applying rule of law in only 1 direction these days?

just curious
, and no offense intended, im being sarcastic here.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2

facts, however, are undeniable.

arabs & islamic fascists are the single most problematic group in terms of a peaceful world civilization at this point in time. they are motivated only by hatred, destruction and death.

Maybe you should go and fact yourself?
It is people like you who are threat to humanity.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

like i said...the truth really does hurt. i understand your anger...

you need to lash out at someone because the facts and reality lie in stark contrast to your own erroneous preconceptions. the kind of dissonance you are experiencing now is extremely painful.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Sometimes you just get mad. I intended the irony there.

And you can pick on me anytime about stupid things I might say. My skin's not thin and I'm not perfect

edit on 2/16/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join