It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orgone Blasters?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
... while building these things may attract black helicopters they also atract Sylphs, who do most of the CT clean up once the levels of Negative orgone [DOR]

Nice! A fine way to inject some rationality into the discussion.

Last time I went the Museum of Natural History up the road here, I was pretty bummed that the Sylph display was closed for renovations. I was looking forward to checking them out.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Very funny.
Totally off topic, but very funny.
Thanks.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Oh, good grief. I did an experiment, offered you the results, and you pounce on my conclusion with an oblique adhom. Never mind the data I collected. Attack the fact that I concluded something without explaining WHY you feel that way. Poor form, at best.

Ok, where's the data? All I have is your say so that you even did this, let alone that you got the results you did. I don't know you or your friends, why should I believe any of you? Your "data" is anecdotal at best and proves nothing. They could have been feeling a static charge, the air disturbance from you moving it in thier direction, some kind of "tell" you weren't even aware you were doing.

You tell me why you think I am motivated to lie. That's beside the point. I showed a very simple thing to construct, so it is reasonable to conclude I probably did construct the object. The experiment was simple to do, so it's a pretty good bet that the effort to do it was minimal, and I guess I should have gone into more detail.

Subject is sitting in chair, blindfolded. I hold the shooter and approach their hands with it, which are together on their laps. The shooter is either pointed towards me or towards them. I wait about 10 seconds. If they give no comment, I conclude they have felt nothing, since the instructions, of course, say to speak up if they do.

If they say something, I conclude they felt something - could be static. Could be air. I try to control for these with the phrase, "unusual sensations," but that is subjective enough that I have to conclude that subjects may just think it's unusual.

I back away and move around briefly to disguise any movement rotating the shooter and then approach again. The shooter may or may not have been rotated. This eliminates, over successive trials (ten "passes" for each friend), any likelihood of comments like, "Oh, WOW! I feel THAT," coming from someone just feeling static or air. Which I heard.

Now, you ask, "why should I believe any of you?" No reason. You choose what you believe in. But here I have presented a way of verifying my data that is not expensive and not greatly time-consuming. If you choose to, you have all you need except materials and perhaps the will to check it out for yourself.

As for "why" I feel this way, I spent over a decade living with a Wiccan who was constantly making me "feel the tingle" coming from all kinds of crap. She could always feel it, even though I couldn't. She also felt it coming from a plastic army man I swapped for a crystal one time. I never saw her produce a result, either. Not to mention that the orgone blaster is a device designed to counter the effects of something that doesn't even exist.

I'm not going to defend chemtrails. I'm here defending Orgone. What might a blind One believe if never having heard of a rainbow, one day anOther described one? Point is, if you lack a sensitivity, you are "blind." The army man incident? I could think of things that might explain this based on the very intimate connection this energy has with the "life force," which is Consciousness and a latent talent for using expectations to manipulate it... (There's more, but I've probably lost you by now.) Anyway, I'm sorry you were not happy in that relationship and hope you find someone suited better (if you have not yet done so).

In refernce to the "ad hom" attack, it may be ad hom, but it's also true. "You're just not sensitive" is the standard BS line from believers in foolishness like this. Can't feel the tingle? You're not sensitive. Can't hear the ghost? You're not sensitive. Can't sense the aliens in the room? You're not sensitive. Talk about ad hom! Anyone who doesn't agree just isn't as sensitive as you? What's the basis for this? You don't know me any more than I know you, so how can you have any clue as to my sensitivity levels? Or is that that info supplied by your sensitivity?

Um... Because you said you couldn't feel it...? The basis in this case is that, skeptically at first, I experimented and had results. [shrug] I am as yet ambivalent about ghosts, aliens in rooms, and so on, but of the presence of an energy we can manipulate to positive end results and positive sum energy, I am certain.

No, the orgone blaster is just more new age drivel produced by charlatans and distributed to the gullible. However, if it makes you happy to believe it works, who am I to "harsh your mellow", as it were? Use it. Enjoy it. Point it at your friends (with or without the "pew,pew,pew" noises). If nothing else, it sounds like a fun little party game. We'll both be happy living in our respective realities, you blasting orgones and me laughing.

Again, I am not defending this devise. I am defending Reich and Orgone.

Sounds like a win-win to me.

Not that I care if you do, but you might want to consider my experiment - instructions on building a shooter are on the first page in this thread. Check other people. See what results you get. Or just laugh. Your prerogative.
edit on 2/17/2011 by Amaterasu because: tags

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
ahhhh thank you: WW

The Food and Drug Administration not only declared that there is no such thing as orgone energy, they had some of Reich's books burned—a sure-fire way to ignite interest in somebody.

interesting how your source can't deny that the FDA ordered/had a hand in books being burned

and then attempts to imply that anybody whose interest is ignited is of no concern [just those nutty conspiracy theorists and fringe folk, wink, wink, nudge,nudge],or importance.
yep
"nothing to see here folks just burning a bunch of books that are full of lies so nobody gets fooled by them"

the same excuse used for burning the library of Alexandria [by xtians and muslims] in the West and repeatedly carried out throughout every phase/rewrite of Chinese history in the East, same excuse/argument.

am still waiting for definitive argument/proof that orgone does not exist. other than you and subjectX not being able to perceive it.

i have also proposed on various chemtrail threads that some members in said areas of heavy CT spraying build some chembusters and record the results with you kindly pointing out any errors of scientific protocol so that the more scientistic/materialistic folks can carry said experiment out for themselves.

which is how "science" is supposed to work.

edit on 17-2-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: forgot to give credit/indicate who i'm talking to

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by Freezer

No, I haven't made one. Nor will I. I have much better ways to waste my time, thank you.
I don't believe I can leap from a bridge and fly to the moon, yet I haven't tried that one, either.

Although I might yet if things keep going like they are...

So you haven't made one or tested one. So how do you know it doesn't work? Lets see some data not baseless assumptions.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Dude.....it's the flipping FDA!! Not the FBI, not the CIA, not the NSA!! Need some perspective.

Wilhelm Reich was selling a worthless quack product to gullible people.....one source there mentioned monthly rental rates for this contraption of $250 a month!!! Do you know how much money that was, back in the early 1950s???

The jurisdiction of the FDA covered this, as he was promoting it as a "medical" device. No "black coated" agents, no "government censorship".....it was the government doing its job of protecting consumers from being taken for a ride, and having their money stolen by false promises.....AND, he was indirectly potentially causing harm to people who DID have serious illnesses, like cancer, by telling them he could "cure" them....thus, they would perhaps not seek proper medical attention....

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

ahhhh thank you: WW

The Food and Drug Administration not only declared that there is no such thing as orgone energy, they had some of Reich's books burned—a sure-fire way to ignite interest in somebody.

interesting how your source can't deny that the FDA ordered/had a hand in books being burned

No one burns books unless they're afraid of something. Like information getting out. Or unless it's lewd - which I think we can rule out in this case.

which is how "science" is supposed to work.

Indeed!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
For what its worth I do believe that Reich was onto something Very Real, and Very Magical but he didn't quite get his theory correct regarding the energy's.

I strongly suggest to anyone genuinely interested in these other forces to seek out understanding through known practices that do work to further their own understanding of what Reich made public in a modern way so to speak.

A great book to begin with is The Magus of Java. Its a great read about someone who learnt the two energy's through diligent practice.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I am not sure as to the cost of his devices or if he even charged money to use them. I find it amazing that people sell them online to this day and that people buy them. Particularly if you can build one yourself and test out the theories behind them. If he did then the FDA did have a right to be interested in his work. I wonder if the FDA even looked into his work. it seems like just the idea that he is manipulating energy in a way that cannot be quantified by current (than or now) technology was either threatening or just to hard to comprehend, therefore not worth looking into. What if it took months for the device to work? I could come out today saying I can cure cancer by placing a large magnet on your head and tell you to do the hokey-pokey but NO ONE would listen because its STUPID. His ideas were much more than just psycho babble. Surely more cruel and inhumane medical experiments have been done in the name of science, even to this day. However making him destroy his machine with an axe and burning his books seems very over the top. Just label him a quack in the papers and people will not pay any attention at all anymore. It is a free country right? Just seems very gestapo like to destroy a man like that.
edit on 17-2-2011 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2011 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Dude.....it's the flipping FDA!! Not the FBI, not the CIA, not the NSA!! Need some perspective.

That same FDA that brought us this? :

farmwars.info...

Yeah. Nothing to be afraid of, I'm sure.

Wilhelm Reich was selling a worthless quack product to gullible people.....one source there mentioned monthly rental rates for this contraption of $250 a month!!! Do you know how much money that was, back in the early 1950s???

Or so the book-burners would say. If they burnt his books, there is much ado about nothing, I think. (And considering the books written by quacks that abound from that period as well as all others, why did they burn HIS books only?) And you bring up an example of the free market to deride Reich? There were many who swore what he had worked, and if he could get $250 a month to live on and pay for his experiments, that is not exactly outlandish - even in the 1950's.

The jurisdiction of the FDA covered this, as he was promoting it as a "medical" device. No "black coated" agents, no "government censorship".....it was the government doing its job of protecting consumers from being taken for a ride, and having their money stolen by false promises.....AND, he was indirectly potentially causing harm to people who DID have serious illnesses, like cancer, by telling them he could "cure" them....thus, they would perhaps not seek proper medical attention....

That friendly FDA. They burn all the books written by quacks. For our sake. Gosh, I am so cuddly happy THEY're in place. Viva Neotame!
edit on 2/17/2011 by Amaterasu because: typo

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
“There is no proof. There are no authorities whatever. No president, Academy, Court of Law, Congress or Senate on this earth has the knowledge or power to decide what will be the knowledge of tomorrow. There is no use in trying to prove something that is unknown to somebody who is ignorant of the unknown, or fearful of its threatening power. Only the good old rules of learning will eventually bring about understanding of what has invaded our earthly existence.”-Willhelm Reich

Quack? I think not. journal.borderlands.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

the museums once had displays on piltdown man which turned out to be a hoax

consensus science once had it that the earth was flat
science is just an old word for knowledge and the world is full of people who "know" things that just ain't so.

your point being?

apparently empirical evidence is just no good in your book.

since we are all so imperfect, and by extension incabable of arriving at "The Truth" what is the validity of your arguments?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

and you believe the FDA or anybody else has the authority to burn books[always for the peoples protection, NOT!!]?

the FDA that just approved GMO corn for fuel or GMO alfalfa to taint all beef production

the FDA that no longer does anything but farm out all the real work:

FDA Approves Nonexistent Product from Nonexistent Company for Human Testing

the FDA that approved the vaccines that took away your ability to see UFO's or psychic phenomena

you must be overworked or "Drosting" [excellent thread by WW, by the way'Drailing' - don't succomb to the temptation!!], cause you sound like you've been drinking koolaid.

Amaterasu:

That same FDA that brought us this? : farmwars.info... Yeah. Nothing to be afraid of, I'm sure.

my very 1st thread was about that: USDA Certified Organic’s Dirty Little Secret: Neotame

edit on 17-2-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Excellent site about Reich:www.whale.to...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
You tell me why you think I am motivated to lie. That's beside the point. I showed a very simple thing to construct, so it is reasonable to conclude I probably did construct the object. The experiment was simple to do, so it's a pretty good bet that the effort to do it was minimal, and I guess I should have gone into more detail.

Well, the simplest motivation would be so you don't feel silly having built this thing in the first place.

However, I don't actually think you're lying. I'm sure you built this. I'm sure you conducted your experiment. I'm sure the results were as you stated. I was pretty much just making a statement on anecdotal evidence, which proves nothing, other than to your self. Again, I don't think you're lying. At all.

Subject is sitting in chair, blindfolded. I hold the shooter and approach their hands with it, which are together on their laps. The shooter is either pointed towards me or towards them. I wait about 10 seconds. If they give no comment, I conclude they have felt nothing, since the instructions, of course, say to speak up if they do.

If they say something, I conclude they felt something - could be static. Could be air. I try to control for these with the phrase, "unusual sensations," but that is subjective enough that I have to conclude that subjects may just think it's unusual.

I back away and move around briefly to disguise any movement rotating the shooter and then approach again. The shooter may or may not have been rotated. This eliminates, over successive trials (ten "passes" for each friend), any likelihood of comments like, "Oh, WOW! I feel THAT," coming from someone just feeling static or air. Which I heard.

All the same, could be static, could be air, could be the simple fact that they're expecting to feel something because you're conducting the experiment. It could be that your friends are predisposed to "feeling things" in the first place. They are, after all, your friends. I don't see, however, how multiple passes will change the outcome. If they felt, say, static the first time, they very well could feel static on some of the successive times, too.

Orgone is, supposedly, energy. So is electricity. I'm positive that if I poke someone with a live wire, they're going to feel that energy. Every time, no matter how "sensitive" they are. Heat is energy, and I'm sure the same results will happen if I hold a heat source near them.

Now, you ask, "why should I believe any of you?" No reason. You choose what you believe in. But here I have presented a way of verifying my data that is not expensive and not greatly time-consuming. If you choose to, you have all you need except materials and perhaps the will to check it out for yourself.

Yes, we all choose what we want to believe in. I happen to believe that orgone is fiction to the point where I'm not going to waste my time building one.

I'm not going to defend chemtrails.

Thank you.

What might a blind One believe if never having heard of a rainbow, one day anOther described one? Point is, if you lack a sensitivity, you are "blind."

Yet "a One" with perfectly good vision can still see things that don't exist. There are any number of reasons this happens, most of which have been often discussed here. When somebody is "seeing" etherial spiders (remember that thread?) that doesn't mean there actually are etherial spiders. I suggest that your "sensitivity" is similar.

Oh, and good news for the blind "One" in your rainbow example! Although he might not be able to see a rainbow, he can still feel one. I can attest that hey feel warm and damp (but that's another story). Conversely, although I can not feel the tingle, can I see it? Or taste it?

The army man incident? I could think of things that might explain this based on the very intimate connection this energy has with the "life force," which is Consciousness and a latent talent for using expectations to manipulate it...

Yeah, but the army man in question was fresh out of the bag, brand new, so there wasn't any "life force" attached to it yet, if that's what you're getting at.

(There's more, but I've probably lost you by now.)

No, I'm still here, thanks.

Anyway, I'm sorry you were not happy in that relationship and hope you find someone suited better (if you have not yet done so).

Actually, we were pretty happy for quite some time. We just eventually grew away from each other and went our separate ways, no drama or anger. Thanks for caring, though. Very nice of you.

... but of the presence of an energy we can manipulate to positive end results and positive sum energy, I am certain.

Once again, that's your belief. You believe you can manipulate the energy that I don't believe exists. That is, I guess, the crux of the biscuit here. It's a good thing that we are all still entitled to believe what we want so we won't have to fight a death match or anything over this.

Again, I am not defending this devise. I am defending Reich and Orgone.

I'm sorry, didn't you just tell me all about your experiment and how this device worked? And suggest I buld one? If that's not defending it, I don't know what is.

Not that I care if you do, but you might want to consider my experiment - instructions on building a shooter are on the first page in this thread.

That's the device you're not defending, right?

Check other people. See what results you get. Or just laugh. Your prerogative.

I think I'll stick with laughing. While we can debate all year as to whether orgone can make us feel better, I think we will both agree that laughing does, absolutely, make us all feel better.

I just want to add that I have no animosity for you, and have been greatly enjoying our little discussion. We obviously have different opinions, and I doubt that we'll ever change the other's mind, but that's part of what makes the world such a cool place, that there are so many people with so many views. That means that there will always be something new and different to think about, and even if we never agree on any of it we can still get along and have a good time learning about each other.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

Sorry, I can't give evidence on the non-existant.
I guess I'm just a closed-minded knob...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

warmth? how the F is a blind person going to feel a rainbow?

after reading your lengthy post, it seems you just enjoy trolling/baiting people.
learn about others, huh, sounds to me like you aren't learning
or teaching/providing info or facts or anything at all,but comments like
"i know nothing about this except that i know its BS, no, not interested in doing an experiment, just wanted to point out that you are stupid to not be like me" crap

WW is at least defending a point of view and providing info,and arguments [well most of the time, he seems to be "under the weather" today]

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

hey we're on P4 already

if HollyNRA is still here: sometimes the time you post your thread doesn't coincides with other members being awake, or with worktime so a good thread sometimes just goes unoticed

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Freezer

Sorry, I can't give evidence on the non-existant.
I guess I'm just a closed-minded knob...

Thanks for your contribution and honest description

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

the museums once had displays on piltdown man which turned out to be a hoax

consensus science once had it that the earth was flat
science is just an old word for knowledge and the world is full of people who "know" things that just ain't so.

your point being?

That I was bummed I couldn't see the sylph exhibit. I though I mentioned that...

since we are all so imperfect, and by extension incabable of arriving at "The Truth" what is the validity of your arguments?

In that case, what's the validity of discussing anything?

I've been around here a while, learning about lots of things pertaining to many subjects. You know what I have not learned ? The truth behind any speculative topic on the board. I've seen some truths relating to people and governments, truths that are backed up with facts, documents, hard evidence and such. But other than that? Nothing. Lots of speculation, no truth. There are still a few topics about which I'm still on the fence, things that haven't been shown to my satisfaction to be true or false, but most topics, I'm convinced, are just flights of fancy, new age mumbo jumbo, or outright lies.

Feel free to believe anything you like. I won't try to stop you, although I might share my opinion.

But please, don't feed the sylphs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join