It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare daytime fireball lights up East Coast skies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Rare daytime fireball lights up East Coast skies

www.msnbc.msn.com

A rare daytime fireball lit up the sky over much of the eastern United States on Monday, causing necks to crane and jaws to drop from Maryland to Massachusetts.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
wow, glad this metor crashed into the ocean and did not hit any major city along the east coast; with the power of 10 tons of TNT behind it; it could have really done some major damage. i thought we were suppose to be looking for stuff like this; why was this not picked up through our near earth object program.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

It's definitely scary to think of what this could have done. I suppose we should all feel very fortunate that this thing hit the water!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

Probably because there are only about 30 people world-wide actually paid to watch the skies for this kind of thing.

Sheer human short-sightedness.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is the third thread I have read in the last couple of days about "something" flying into our inner atmostphere. I have to ask the same question? Isn't this stuff kept track of and if so, are the people watching know they will not hit significant area's of the world so they don't report for fear of scaring people? Or are we just watching the skies more carefully, and this happens all the time. Again I must refer back to the reflections on airplanes and the tilt of the sun theory.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

Interesting, although the blurb's "Massachusetts to Maryland" is a lot smaller than the phrase "much of the East Coast sky" implies.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

I appreciate this but (assuming you don't know) it's misleading/confusing because people will think this is yet another sighting.

There are at least one or two threads on this already. I'm sure you didn't realize that so I just wanted to inform you. Thanks

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

thanks, i did a search and nothing came up. moderators you can kill this if there is a thread about it already

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jed001

i thought we were suppose to be looking for stuff like this; why was this not picked up through our near earth object program.

Someone should definitely have caught this, and probably did, as there should have been some type of warning. It's times like these that I wonder if some huge object is hurtling towards Earth, and an impact smack in the middle of some major metropolitan area is imminent, yet not a damn word will be said to warn us.

Makes you wonder why Hillary really had the big pow-wow.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

Some people think I am crazy, because I talk about the earth going through a "comet swarm". That doesn't mean they are all giant big comets, they could be pea size to as big as Rode Island. There are 3 know swarms, A B and C. The earth started going through it in 2007 and will continue until 2014. And No you won't here this on the News, They will even let you think they are UFO's before they let you know just how many objects are coming toward the earth right now. This is an Asteroid skimming through our atmosphere, but large enough not to break apart or burn up.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

Here m'friend:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't like alerting a Mod to end a thread.
So, I'll leave it up to you or someone else to do it.

Thank you just the same

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by jed001

It's definitely scary to think of what this could have done. I suppose we should all feel very fortunate that this thing hit the water!

Not really IMO...

Since most large objects break up high in the atmosphere, scattering the ground with relatively small fragments that do insignificant damage to what is below (apart from the occasional one that crashes through a roof or dents a car).

It would have been more beneficial to have the fragments end up on land, where we might be able to recover them, study them, and lean from them in order to better know what to do when something truly large comes along and threatens us.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Those are armaments and you are under the Antarctica blue ice dome base 211 near the thermal mountains. As war prisoners and their offspring of ww2 under mind control . This is admiral vender fry with the galactic federation staging an rescue attempt through their electronic shields .You will witness a kaleidoscope computer glitch on the ice dome above your heads in your giant ice dome prison Terrarium . That's why the the stars move around strange, so don't be alarmed. The sixty-six year blockade has cut off their BZ supply and you are being freed. To be completely free,just run yours or parent(s)grandparent(s) name through the anagrams to find out which branch of service your in and don't remember yet. .look up your redemption draws close.

new topics

top topics

join